ADVERTISEMENT

Ingram, Filipowski Have Different Takes on Tripping Incident

Sponsored by Autograph:

Autograph is dropping ACC Tournament semi-final and final tickets in the app next week, continuing our True Fan Pricing ™ ($16 a ticket)!

Semi-Final Tickets Drop: Tuesday, March 12 at 12PM

Final Tickets Drop: Thursday, March 14 at 12PM

Autograph is giving 8 fans an elite suite experience you’ll never forget. Tap in, refer a friend, and you’re entered to win. Let’s dance… @Autograph

Referral Code: THI

Referral link: https://link.ag.fan/thi

1710069190972.jpeg

“I was really just getting up. My foot slipped. I don’t know how I caught him, that’s really all I got. I don’t see him coming from anywhere. I didn’t even know he was back with me. I thought I was the only one left.”
He looked back and saw Harrison. Harrison put his hands on him as he was getting by him. His foot slipped in an upward direction?

It looks a bit fishy but I'm inclined to think it was inadvertent. Flip is trying to get up and Harrison pushes down on his shoulder, so it could be just a reflexive counterbalancing movement. It sort of looks like he gave it a little "extra" but who knows?

Similarly, Harrison pushing down on F didn't look wrong to me either - he was just trying to get up - but I wouldn't be surprised if some Dukies view it differently.

In real time, I doubt either guy was consciously aware of what he did.

The only people who believe the BS Flip Flop spewed are truly devoted dook cultists. It is an obvious trip and if it were any other team Flip Flop would be suspended for a game.

Also, Gerald is the real victim here.

It looks a bit fishy but I'm inclined to think it was inadvertent. Flip is trying to get up and Harrison pushes down on his shoulder, so it could be just a reflexive counterbalancing movement. It sort of looks like he gave it a little "extra" but who knows?

Similarly, Harrison pushing down on F didn't look wrong to me either - he was just trying to get up - but I wouldn't be surprised if some Dukies view it differently.

In real time, I doubt either guy was consciously aware of what he did.
WWJD - Given your account name and every post I've seen from you for years, you seem like a great dude. I love that you try to see the good in people first but... Come on man.

Even after reading your take, I went back and watched it and tried to apply your points. It is clearly an upward thrust of his leg knowing that Ingram is there. Nothing will happen so it's a moot point, but more fuel for the heels in the best rivalry in sports.

Something about going to that school leaves people ethically challenged

"Whether or not it was intentional and dirty is somewhat subjective, because when things happen so quickly, it’s truly hard to tell."

A.J....LOL, c'mon man.

This wasn't an opinion piece, it's more a news piece. I can't inject my opinion there, haveto stay neutral. It looks to me like it as intentional, but I can't say that writing this piece, a journalistic rule here is to allow to readerto makeup their mind.

The footage of the trip, slowed down and then in real time, reminds me of the footage of the Court storm at Wake. If you look at it in real time, philipowski doesn't appear to be as egregious. But if you look at it in very slow motion, it looks extremely egregious. And it's the same person in both examples. Interesting coincidence, or maybe not. Although, I think the tripping of Ingram looks much more suspect in both speeds, than the court storm.

Fortunately it's a log to throw on the rivalry fire. Keep it burning.

Last edited:
Interesting that the dookie got up limping as if he was hurting when it happened but didn’t mention the injury post game. He can spin and bs all he wants but the dookie just showed his true colors.

The footage of the trip, slowed down and then in real time, reminds me of the footage of the Court storm at Wake. If you look at it in real time, philipowski doesn't appear to be as egregious. But if you look at it in very slow motion, it looks extremely egregious. And it's the same person in both examples. Interesting coincidence, or maybe not. Although, I think the tripping of Ingram looks much more suspect in both speeds, than the court storm.

Fortunately it's a log to throw on the rivalry fire. Keep it burning.
I agree exactly with everything in your take, and I pointed out the slo-mo aspect repeatedly in the first episode. Things happen too fast at real speed to see exactly what has happened, but when you slow it down, much otherwise unseen becomes readily apparent.

For example, in the first incident, the full speed impression is that the two parties involved were on an unavoidable collision course. At slower speed, it becomes apparent that Filipowski intended to make contact and indeed initiated it; and he also stuck his leg out, an action totally missed at full speed.

What I haven't seen mentioned yet is that in this latest incident, Filipowski got up and then tried to ACT LIKE HIS LEG WAS HURT. Are you kidding me? How lame (pun intended) can you get.

This wasn't an opinion piece, it's more a news piece. I can't inject my opinion there, haveto stay neutral. It looks to me like it as intentional, but I can't say that writing this piece, a journalistic rule here is to allow to readerto makeup their mind.
I don't accept that AJ and I want a full retraction on the home page; and in that retraction you must refer to Filipowski as 'that sissy bitch'.

I kid, I kid. I realize and respect the 'journalistic integrity ' and I was actually just ribbing you a little because I knew you were dancing around it a little. What Flopperewski did was a trip, but the jab at you was in jest.

Filipowski really is a sissy. You can quote me on that.

I don't accept that AJ and I want a full retraction on the home page; and in that retraction you must refer to Filipowski as 'that sissy bitch'.

I kid, I kid. I realize and respect the 'journalistic integrity ' and I was actually just ribbing you a little because I knew you were dancing around it a little. What Flopperewski did was a trip, but the jab at you was in jest.

The incidents for him are certainly piling up. Remember the close line of RJ in Chapel Hill?

He looked back and saw Harrison. Harrison put his hands on him as he was getting by him. His foot slipped in an upward direction?
exactly. He's just a lying sack of manure, and that's apparent when he says he didn't know Ingram was there and that his leg motion was a natural part of getting himself up.

Reactions: Archer2

The more I look at it (slow and real-time), the more it looks like an intentional attempt to trip Harrison.

And, then the faking-an-injury, after he gets up, is even more sandbagging. He fulfills the traditional "hated dookie player" role perfectly.

exactly. He's just a lying sack of manure, and that's apparent when he says he didn't know Ingram was there and that his leg motion was a natural part of getting himself up.
Yes he is, lying his butt off, the OH IM AM SO INJURED didn't work so he came up with an even less believable lie, I was trying to get up? Oh sure, getting up off the court usually starts with a leg raise? Oh but he didn't see Ingram, while LOOKING DIRECTLY AT HIM? That boy needs some contacts! He thought Ingram had already passed him, why say that unless you are admitting that yeah, I did trip him?

What about the hook and hold he did on Bacot several times with one shown on replay, did he trip then to? When he bowled over RJ, yet another trip, wow that is one clumsy dude if you listen to him? Yet Jay Bilas talked several times about how good flipperflopski's feet were? LOL

We all actually know what happened don't we? Ingram and flipperflops both go down, Ingram got up first and flipperflop didn't want top give us a 5 on 4 advantage so he whips his leg out to trip Ingram and the refs allowed him to get away with it.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
The more I look at it (slow and real-time), the more it looks like an intentional attempt to trip Harrison.

And, then the faking-an-injury, after he gets up, is even more sandbagging. He fulfills the traditional "hated dookie player" role perfectly.
he seems to have some 'trip someone and then fake a leg injury complex'. They don't call them dookies for no reason.

We all saw the true colors of Duke last night. From TripFlip's signature leg move (followed by his pathetic limp to make sure Teddy didn't throw him out), to the irresponsible and honestly embarrassing and childish actions of the Crazies prior to tip off, during the game, and post game the rest of the country probably had their eyes open to what we know goes on all the time over at CIS. Our league is better than that and should come down on those behaviors.

Is tripping actually taught by the duke staff, sure seems to happen a lot for it not to be.

Multiple hook and holds on Bacot last night, is that taught by the duke staff, suree seems to happen a lot not to be?

Flops, offensive and defensive, such that the NCAA put the block charge circle in, was that taught by the duke staff? Kicking out your leg as you shoot to draw the foul on your defender, was that taught by that duke staff?

Slow starts to game clocks when duke needs the extra time, is that via the duke staff, sure has a long history for it not to be?

Sure is a lot of sketchy stuff that has been going on in durham for many many years for such a "respectable staff"...

he seems to have some 'trip someone and then fake a leg injury complex'. They don't call them dookies for no reason
Are the rumors true that Flip fractured his leg on the trip but overnight miraculously completely healed despite the disbelief of the Duke medical staff? I hear as they were casting the leg he threw the crutches away and flew out the room. Hey, give him ACC player of the year award. No one plays with more pain and illness than Flip so he should get that award.

Last edited:
We all saw the true colors of Duke last night. From TripFlip's signature leg move (followed by his pathetic limp to make sure Teddy didn't throw him out), to the irresponsible and honestly embarrassing and childish actions of the Crazies prior to tip off, during the game, and post game the rest of the country probably had their eyes open to what we know goes on all the time over at CIS. Our league is better than that and should come down on those behaviors.
for a number of reasons that relate to the promotion of the product, anything the dook students do will just be chalked up benignly to being the actions of 'those Cameron Crazies'. It makes good copy and paints a picture of a healthy, intense rivalry which plays well to the average unaffiliated fan.

I don't care. As long as the intense hate exists, so does my intense interest in showing those a'holes who's boss.

What I gag on is 'they hate us because we're so good'. and 'they hate us because they ain't us' bs. We hate them because they're jerks.

for a number of reasons that relate to the promotion of the product, anything the dook students do will just be chalked up benignly to being the actions of 'those Cameron Crazies'. It makes good copy and paints a picture of a healthy, intense rivalry which plays well to the average unaffiliated fan.

I don't care. As long as the intense hate exists, so does my intense interest in showing those a'holes who's boss.

What I gag on is 'they hate us because we're so good'. and 'they hate us because they ain't us' bs. We hate them because they're jerks.
Listen to Bomani Jones after our 2022 wins for that take. 'People hate you because you're some Herbs' - exactly

Reactions: bluetoe
8isc6f.jpg

Trip is lucky who he picked to trip. Ingram seems like the most kind hearted guy on the court - always smiling. He said he felt he was tripped- he's not going to straight up make it up. We all know what happened- we all know who DOOK is- they are scum. Their fanbase is the same.

Fun DOOK lore note: I was at a tap room in downtown Cary 30 minutes before the game getting ready to leave to go watch (can't watch anywhere but at home). A dude was sitting at the bar- he had on a DOOK shirt, hat, DOOK styles sneaks, dark blue sunglasses and was drinking wine (at a tap room). I didn't say a word.

Last edited:
yep. I used to think that K's influence caused the dookies' dirty, flopping style. Now I'm starting to wonder if there's something in the water over there.
There's a lot of K in Scheyer.

Reactions: bluetoe
There's a lot of K in Scheyer.
A whole lot. Just as there’s a lot of Knight in Krazywhiskey. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I do believe that Knight would have sternly addressed the ”tripping” the first time it occurred with Allen. He also would have condemned the throwing of things on the court by students.

A whole lot. Just as there’s a lot of Knight in Krazywhiskey. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I do believe that Knight would have sternly addressed the ”tripping” the first time it occurred with Allen. He also would have condemned the throwing of things on the court by students.
before I even got to that part, I was thinking that Bobby Knight might have been a tough nut to crack, but he had integrity...something that K turned on and off light a light switch.

Reactions: alabamaheel
This guy is a jerk.....

He should have tripped more players... that's all. I don't think he could have fouled any more than he did. So, 10 points might be a stretch.

Here's the thing; UNC wiped the Coach K court with them, in front of him... again. If they were to meet in the ACCT, it can't hurt as much as losing at home. All those students camping-out for months to get tickets for that game, in that arena. And, then the venerable Coach K is court-side for another humiliation. Losing on your home court is the worst fate a dookie fan can endure. PERIOD!

Reactions: Steat and bluetoe
Last time k saw dook beak UNC at HIS (and I'm thinking he was not there last year) was March 7, 2020 - almost 1,500 days ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT