ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tidbit from team departure this evening

So they will continue treatment (in flight?) and upon arrival in Phoenix. I sure hope JBII is ready Saturday.

he will be "hampered" just how much .....hell he was really hampered vs KY but still gutted it out

I am hoping he can be about 80%, he can be reasonably effective at that level
The key will be after we WIN the game..... and we will win it.... is he will only have less than 2 days of rest for the Title game

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Yeah, he isn't going to be 100%. We just him to be effective. Any game we play is going to be tough and we certainly need Berry in tough games.

JB is absolutely essential! 80-85% of JB trumps anybody else's best so we will have to take what we can get! As tough as he has proven to be, I'm not worried about his play in the Duck game; my concern is how he can make the quick turnaround (assuming we win!)

Go Tar Heels!

he will be "hampered" just how much .....hell he was really hampered vs KY but still gutted it out

I am hoping he can be about 80%, he can be reasonably effective at that level
The key will be after we WIN the game..... and we will win it.... is he will only have less than 2 days of rest for the Title game

This game scares me a lot. Brooks and Dorsey can both shoot and drive, and they have a big time shot blocker. Not to mention, we haven't been able to throw it in the ocean from 3. If JJ has to guard Brooks, is that going to effect his offensive production like it may have had in the KY game with him guarding Monk? If Hicks guards Brooks, that's advantage Oregon big time. I just don't like this matchup. Our defense may have more to do with us winning this game than our offense.

Going to need Theo and JJ to bring the ball up quite a bit and get Joel all the rest we can, those 2 can do that. Also both are going to need to be the slashers.

Side note on rebounding.

We are #1 in the NCAA
Ducks are 133rd FEED THE BIGS!

Bingo.

I expect/hope that our bigs are just too much over the course of 40 minutes.

I trust our experience playing against good zone teams like Cuse and UL. Experience against a zone always matters, that way we do not look flustered. Our starters have a ton of experience and I trust it will serve them well in being patient and getting good shots. A zone almost always allows for a good shot, just have to be patient enough to get those and aggressive enough on the boards to get the misses and easy put backs. We rebound well and Boucher is also out, let's get it done.

Problem is we can fall in love with it even if the other team isnt playing zone.

Yep! That 7 minute scoring drought against UK was ugly. Maybe the poor free throw shooting and that game being such an offensive struggle is why I'm nervous about this next game. That possible Brooks/Hicks matchup is scary too. Hicks gets in foul trouble, there goes our size advantage. Bradley's played very little the past two games.

Problem is we can fall in love with it even if the other team isnt playing zone.

Our bigs are all great passers so hopefully we feed that high post and let them go to work. I'm not reinventing the wheel there, I'm sure Roy is preaching the same.

If we play to our capabilities we win by 10 or more. If we don't rebound aggressively, take 3's out of rhythm and turn the ball over we are looking at the same type of fight we had with the Hogs and Kentucky. I think Kentucky is a better team than Oregon and Oregon has way more issues to cover than do the Heels. How do they match up with Jackson and our depth inside (I know that Maye can't be expected to replicate his last two games but this has to be in the back of the Ducks minds and is just one more thing for them to adapt to.) We have played against zones, fast teams, slow teams, aggressive teams and when we focus, we handle them all. The games we have lost this year other than KY I were due more to our lack of focus than anything the others teams did. The two issues that can change all of this are JB's ankles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT