ADVERTISEMENT

It’s that time!

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
I love Halloween but I also recognize it’s limitations as a holiday so I give it ten days of decorations and music. So today I’ll throw some scary shit in the yard and put some rocky horror on my play list. My first time seeing it was in chapel hill at that downtown theatre on franklin at. Wow what a scene. Lol.

Reactions: toophly1124
My best costume ever was a in 2018.

I went as this version of Beetlejuice:

I was identical! The wig, the shirt, the sunglasses... all of it. But, there was a problem... in person, it wasn't as clear just who I was supposed to be. I think about 1 in 4 people knew who it was.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
vastly underrated movie. Keaton was awesome.
Was Beetlejuice underrated? They even had a Saturday morning cartoon based on the film, I think. I would argue that THAT SCENE was underrated! It explains my dilemma!

Regardless, I nailed the costume, but some people thought I was... wait for it... a TRUCK DRIVER??? And, some thought I was supposed to be Hank Williams, or a generic country music singer. If I were a truck driver, I would have worn a CAT Diesel Power hat! Sheezus!

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I'm "meh" on Halloween. But I abhor Halloween decorations. Fake spider webs and tombstones and shit like that in the yard is whack to me.

I don't think Beetlejuice is underrated. I think everyone knows how great of a movie it is. But Keaton as an actor in general is severely underrated.

I'm "meh" on Halloween. But I abhor Halloween decorations. Fake spider webs and tombstones and shit like that in the yard is whack to me.

I don't think Beetlejuice is underrated. I think everyone knows how great of a movie it is. But Keaton as an actor in general is severely underrated.

yes decorations are trashy but my kids insist on doing it still so I go along.

beetle juice gets a 7.5 on IMDb. Pretty good score so I stand corrected.

yes Keaton is underrated. He starred in a movie about a guy dying from cancer who as a kid was ostracized by classmates for promising a circus in his backyard on his bday. Really caused me to see him in a different light.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Halloween decorations are the best. I love seeing the more creative examples in people's yards.

carving pumpkins into jack o'lanterns never gets old. I love Halloween. I'll be watching my favorite old spooky movie, 'I Walked With a Zombie'.

My favorite Halloween magazine cover...

s-l1600.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT