ADVERTISEMENT

Like we needed confirmation...............

Yep . . confirmation that dOOk not only gets the calls from the refs, but, that dOOk invented the 'flop' . . which in turn enables the refs to have yet another avenue to favor dOOk.

Even when dOOk knows for a fact that they get the majority of the calls, the SnowRat still F-Bombs the refs as if he his team was getting hosed by the zebras.

Those are just a couple of the many reasons why they're the most hated team in America.

Originally posted by BillyL:

Yep . . confirmation that dOOk not only gets the calls from the refs, but, that dOOk invented the 'flop' . . which in turn enables the refs to have yet another avenue to favor dOOk.

Even when dOOk knows for a fact that they get the majority of the calls, the SnowRat still F-Bombs the refs as if he his team was getting hosed by the zebras.

Those are just a couple of the many reasons why they're the most hated team in America.
...and therein, Billy, may be the worst part of their schtick. He berates refs over even obvious calls early to beat them down psychologically and make them afraid to make the correct call later in the game. And the SOB still gets away with it. SMDH at how that still goes on.

Man, Laettner got less likeable as the interview went on. I never cared for that guy and
he is just as arrogant as ever.

Originally posted by gary-7:
Originally posted by BillyL:

...and therein, Billy, may be the worst part of their schtick. He berates refs over even obvious calls early to beat them down psychologically and make them afraid to make the correct call later in the game. And the SOB still gets away with it. SMDH at how that still goes on.
Exactly Billy. And now that he is the "greatest coach that ever lived", no referee is going to stand up to him.
Sort of reminds me of his mentor, Bob Knight. He also beat on the refs and the apple has not fallen far from
that coaching tree. At least Teddy Valentine stood up to Knight, but you will see refs give dook a call right
after he has been in their ear during a free throw.

Originally posted by franklin street:
it's always been amazing to me.
if a coach was in my ear the whole game i would hammer his team.You would think that, but in a lot of cases, the squeaky wheel gets the calls.

Refs or not I'm tired of them kicking our ass. Refs had zero to do with either loss this year...they were both all about our own inadequacies... Jmho

Refs or not I'm tired of them kicking our ass. Refs had zero to do with either loss this year...they were both all about our own inadequacies... Jmho

ACC refs are spineless jellyfish to let any coach berate them and intimidate them constantly. The ACC office needs to start fazing these guys out.

Its not the refs who beat Carolina boys. And it would be nice to see people grow up and admit that Coach K is one of the greatest of all time, no excuses needed. As much as it pains me to say it. Accept it, get better, or keep on losing to them.

Scout,they beat us..but you can't truly believe that the refs didn't have a major part in it..You can't even get near jones without him getting a call!!..Can't believe a freshmen has came in and got that many calls in every game besides unc vs. dook..They've just handed the league over to him!! I'm one who rarely calls the refs out..but the way the jones kid is treated is ridiculous!!..Oh yeah,I forgot..he plays for dook..Like laettner already referenced to..Why would I be surprised!!..It's been the norm around college bball since the laettner hurley days!!

Originally posted by Bur-Heel:
Scout,they beat us..but you can't truly believe that the refs didn't have a major part in it..You can't even get near jones without him getting a call!!..Can't believe a freshmen has came in and got that many calls in every game besides unc vs. dook..They've just handed the league over to him!! I'm one who rarely calls the refs out..but the way the jones kid is treated is ridiculous!!..Oh yeah,I forgot..he plays for dook..Like laettner already referenced to..Why would I be surprised!!..It's been the norm around college bball since the laettner hurley days!!
If I recall Phil Ford received the same treatment. He came in and just took over the game, and the refs. Its not unprecedented. Just look at how Tyler did.

I know you are not comparing a freshman to a player of the year!!..i expect some calls to go their way because they have earned it..that's how the game goes!!..what has Jones did to earn his besides going to dook?

I know you are not comparing a freshman to a player of the year!!..i expect some calls to go their way because they have earned it..that's how the game goes!!..what has Jones did to earn his besides going to dook?
From day ONE Phil Ford was afforded the same latitude from the refs as he was at year end of his Freshmen campaign. All I am saying is its not unprecedented. Why the worry about Jones anyway? We have enough to worry about the Heels without thinking about dukes PG. Don't you agree?

Sorry to say that no one Coach should EVER be allowed to berate game officials, EVEN if that Coach may be correct in his assessment... Intimidation should NOT EVER be allowed! One quick question: Do any of you folks know of an ACC Coach who curses, mocks and or otherwise intimidates game officials? I sure do...

Originally posted by scoutsupreme:
You need to watch again. Turn off the commentary and just watch,

Originally posted by Old_School59:

If I recall Phil Ford received the same treatment. He came in and just took over the game, and the refs. Its not unprecedented. Just look at how Tyler did.
It bother me when people throw Tyler s name into discussions like this. You could not count on two hand the amount of time each season he wound up bloody. Tyler got fouled and fouled hard most of the time. He may have got some calls, but mostly he got cuts, bloody noses, and bruises. To hear it said is bad. To hear Carolina fans say it is tragic.

Originally posted by soap - new and improved:

Originally posted by scoutsupreme:
You need to watch again. Turn off the commentary and just watch,
Yes. The refs played a key part in both games. If both games had been called consistently or some major calls that were obvious and completely missed were made, UNC wins the game in Durham and makes the game at Chapel Hill closer.

The state game last night, maybe dook's 2nd or 3rd possession. Jones drives in from the left. As he gets a step on his man he extends his arm, not enough for a hook but enough to allow space. As he goes up he further extends arm so he can use right hand to shoot. Shot is missed and State has good position UNTIL Okafor nudges state player out of position under basket for the put back. 3 missed fouls and we get to hear about dook's outstanding freshman class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT