ADVERTISEMENT

Marquee women's game matchups

The women's final easily out drew the men's final, even with the men's viewership increasing this year. That is pretty amazing.

The men got just under 15 million to tune in, while just under 19 million watched the ladies final.
Great point - I wondered about this. And this gives all the haters a severe case of the sads.

The players this year and last that cc beat (angel Reese et al)

The washed up has beens who saw cc EARN more follower ship and fame than all in last 20 years of college and wnba combined. (Looking at you UCONN chicks).

The hater / racist people in main stream / east coast media - espn etc.

All punked and owned by an attractive white catholic chick from the Midwest who I think is pretty modest and humble given what she’s accomplished and how she’s elevated college and pro women’s basketball. That it is THIS GIRL that has done this, not some UConn or different race kid - just BURNS them.

A favorite poster of mine called it textbook crab bucket mentality. They’d rather see cc fail and wnba stay as irrelevant unwatchable league; rather than cc succeeding in wnba and lifting the league including all their pay, benefits, popularity.

Just evil bitter nasty unlikable catty shrews. Many of them don’t deserve what cc will contribute to their collective careers and financial status.

Reactions: DaSheed
The women's final easily out drew the men's final, even with the men's viewership increasing this year. That is pretty amazing.

The men got just under 15 million to tune in, while just under 19 million watched the ladies final.
well, considering that the men's was a forgone conclusion....

well, considering that the men's was a forgone conclusion....
The men's was higher than normal though. They increased viewership. There wasn't a decrease in the men's matchup. Heck, the Kansas/UNC final only had 17 million, a full million plus less than the women's final this year.

Both the men's and women's finals had 7 point favorites at tip off and each had similar final margins of victory afterwards this year.

Last edited:

simply because of the pub given CC, coupled with the ever-rising 'women are just as good as men' movement. For my part, I'm going back to snoozing during the women's games.

simply because of the pub given CC, coupled with the ever-rising 'women are just as good as men' movement. For my part, I'm going back to snoozing during the women's games.
I watch them both, but I like basketball, so I didn't need a movement as you call it or the final game for either to have me tune in. Some great games throughout, the South Carolina/Indiana and Iowa/West Virginia early round women's games were good stuff. Iowa/UConn very good. Thought the UNC/Bama was best men's game. I like the game and glad to see the growth as it seems many others did. It's great for the game.

I watch them both, but I like basketball, so I didn't need a movement as you call it or the final game for either to have me tune in. Some great games throughout, the South Carolina/Indiana and Iowa/West Virginia early round women's games were good stuff. Iowa/UConn very good. Thought the UNC/Bama was best men's game. I like the game and glad to see the growth as it seems many others did. It's great for the game.
the only thing that makes the women's more relatively interesting than it otherwise would be to me is the devolution of the men's game into a football scrimmage around the rim, and poor officiating in general otherwise. As it is, it takes the Heels playing for me to really care about a game.

And you like basketball? Until fairly recently, I'd have jabbed you in the face with a pitchfork if you got between me and ANY ACC BB game.

the only thing that makes the women's more relatively interesting than it otherwise would be to me is the devolution of the men's game into a football scrimmage around the rim, and poor officiating in general otherwise. As it is, it takes the Heels playing for me to really care about a game.

And you like basketball? Until fairly recently, I'd have jabbed you in the face with a pitchfork if you got between me and ANY ACC BB game.

That could be the difference in appeal. I still enjoy tons of college games regardless of conference, love the NBA game, really looking forward to the playoffs kicking off, and the women's game was excellent this year for me, good stuff.

It seems what catches your interest on the court has narrowed? The game lost it's appeal other than UNC related games in general?

That could be the difference in appeal. I still enjoy tons of college games regardless of conference, love the NBA game, really looking forward to the playoffs kicking off, and the women's game was excellent this year for me, good stuff.

It seems what catches your interest on the court has narrowed? The game lost it's appeal other than UNC related games in general?
yeah, I'm old school. I fell in love with college BB way back when it was actually officiated (at least it was in the ACC, maybe not so much in other places), and I prefer the cleaner kind of game to the rugby match they currently ride herd on. As far as the NBA, I was a fan in the Bird/Magic/Jordan time frame. Now I'd rather watch paint dry.

I'm so old school, I'm still ticked off that they put in the three-point shot. Shot clock was necessary though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT