ADVERTISEMENT

Marquise Williams SHOULD be 1st Team All-ACC

heelz2345

Hall of Famer
Mar 4, 2008
I say "Should" because I don't know if they will vote that way, but no ACC QB has had a better season and meant more to his team's success than Marquise. Following this weekend, he is in the top 2 in the conference in Passing Yards, Passing TDs and Rushing TDs, and is 5th in Rushing Yards. He is the only QB to be that high in all those fields. He also has fewer interceptions than Winston or Kaaya. He is the leader in total offense.

I also feel he should be the frontrunner for ACC Offensive Player of the Year, but I also doubt the voters recognize him. I think they will vote for either Winston (defending Heisman winner, undefeated team) or Conner from Pitt (who has had a great year, but his team could finish with a losing record). I feel though if people don't vote for Marquise due to our record, that should go against the Pitt guy also, and as I pointed out above, he has had a better statistical season than Jameis.

We will have to see how it goes, but I just wanted to express my appreciation for what Marquise has done for the team this year and hopefully, the voters will feel the same way.

Marquise has been a beast this year. The only people who can stop him are the coaching staff. And to think, some people here thought he wasn't even the best option on our roster!

I think his performance has CLEARLY shown that he deserves at LEAST the 1st Team honor.

Originally posted by UNC '92:
Marquise has been a beast this year. The only people who can stop him are the coaching staff. And to think, some people here thought he wasn't even the best option on our roster!
Mar"BEAST" Williams for ACC POY!

Any UNC players on 1st team All ACC would be additional proof that Swofford is running the Chapel Hill conspiracy to harm port, innocent MooU.

As for QB, only someone part of the UNC conspiracy would refuse to acknowledge that the 1st team honor belongs rightfully to Jacoby Brissett.

Marquise would get my vote for 1st team QB (for sure, and maybe POY as well). He has carried this team and had to overcome so many injuries to both the O line and the running backs. He has taken a beating and never seems to lose his poise. I have lot of admiration for him!

I think some of the RBs like connor and duke Johnson have had great years so MW getting POY will be hard although he should be in the running. I am not sure there is a QB that has had a better year than MW, he is better than Winston plus all the off the field baggage Winston has. The ABCers will not vote for him though. It will be interesting.

Originally posted by SeaHawk98:

I think some of the RBs like connor and duke Johnson have had great years so MW getting POY will be hard although he should be in the running. I am not sure there is a QB that has had a better year than MW, he is better than Winston plus all the off the field baggage Winston has. The ABCers will not vote for him though. It will be interesting.
I do agree that both Connor and Johnson will be in the running for sure, but I don't think Johnson would beat out MW. Could be wrong, but his numbers aren't as good as Connor's and his team isn't great enough that a guy with worse numbers would get it. He's also behind MW for Rushing TDs which hurts his claim, IMO.

You mention the ABC crowd, which could certainly factor in, but I do think there will be a crowd who doesn't vote for Jameis for that baggage you mentioned. I concur about the race being interesting, though. We will have to see.

Marquise has 2773 passing yards for 20 TD's and 8 INT's plus 726 rushing yards and 12 TD's

Jameis has 3125 yards for 19 TD's and 13 INT's plus 59 rushing yards and 3 TD's.

So Marquise has accounted for 315 more total yards and 10 more total TD's.

Regardless of whether he is 1st team all-acc or POY this year, he'll be one of the front runners next year for sure. We've got a good one no doubt. He's shown toughness, composure, and leadership this year, and if he works as hard this summer as he did last summer (I guarantee you he will, the NFL is definitely on his mind to some extent) he will be seriously great next year. I know there's still Moo and likely a bowl game but I already can't wait for Carolina football in 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT