ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Coleman - 2017 PG

jah420

Hall of Famer
Apr 14, 2003
Your Mom's House
Are we on this kid at all? He is out of Norfolk VA, from my alma mater. Evidentially from talking with friends in the area close with this young man, this kid LOVES the Tar Heels, but is waiting for an offer. UVA folks are already on him, but his game is perfect for the UNC offense. Any word if he has been on our radar yet. He plays for Boo Williams for AAU, and there is a good chance he is going to finish up his last few years at Oak Hill. Would love to land this kid as his game reminds me of Ty Lawson with a little more bounce!

Matt Coleman Highlights

Yes, Roy is all over the kid, he & Dennis Smith are our primary PG targets. Our chances are not hurt at all by the fact that Coleman is very tight with Jalek Felton!

Billy - that is exactly what my friend said last night who is close with the family. There are a lot of UVA guys in this area in his ear so I want us to go ahead and offer this kid. He is going to be a stud!!!

Originally posted by jah420:
Billy - that is exactly what my friend said last night who is close with the family. There are a lot of UVA guys in this area in his ear so I want us to go ahead and offer this kid. He is going to be a stud!!!
I am with you on Coleman, jah. I am pretty sure Roy wants him. Dennis Smith is versatile enough to be a combo and they could play together. Fortunately I think the Seventh Woods ship has sailed (y'all know my opinion of his lack of fit for UNC), so hopefully we will reel in both Smith and Coleman. Also would be good timing coming in as an apprentice/successor to Joel Berry.

This post was edited on 3/14 5:15 PM by gary-7

both of Coleman visits has been amazing to him..he was quoted as saying that "there's nothing like it "...an offer would wrap things up..I feel it's coming after the season is done..good thing is that Smith is '16 and Coleman is '17 if we were to land those guys..Smith may be oad with the talent he has!!
This post was edited on 3/14 1:24 PM by Bur-Heel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT