ADVERTISEMENT

" Mean Gene has passed away...

pro wrestling was something i could never spend a sec of my life on. All my friends liked it. My dad as well. I just dont get it.

pro wrestling was something i could never spend a sec of my life on. All my friends liked it. My dad as well. I just dont get it.
I thought it was a pretty fun, funny, cool thing to joke and talk trash, etc about when I was in high school, with Mean Gene, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, and all their evil arch rivals etc. at their peak....but I've had no interest in it at all for over 20 years.

It sure does still draw HUGE audiences I believe - both on TV and at actual arenas. Larger than any given Sunday NFL game, and way larger than any other big four sports single game (regular season or playoffs).

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I thought it was a pretty fun, funny, cool thing to joke and talk trash, etc about when I was in high school, with Mean Gene, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, and all their evil arch rivals etc. at their peak....but I've had no interest in it at all for over 20 years.

It sure does still draw HUGE audiences I believe - both on TV and at actual arenas. Larger than any given Sunday NFL game, and way larger than any other big four sports single game (regular season or playoffs).

I think it's good and right to like wrestling as a kid. I think it's embarrassing to like wrestling as an adult.

I grew up on the stuff. I loved it. I was a much bigger fan of the Charlotte based NWA than I was of the WWF (later the WWE). I went to the Great American Bash in 1984 and a few other smaller events. I lived in Charlotte and a lot of those guys worked out at the downtown YMCA. My dad was a big Y guy so I met a bunch of those dudes when I was a kid. But yeah, it's cringworthy to me now though.

Reactions: Heelicious

It was definitely a lot better in the 80's and 90s than it is today. The total lack of competition has ruined the WWE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT