ADVERTISEMENT

Meet the UNC scientist working on a cure for coronavirus

DF1972

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
Timothy Sheahan isn’t just a professor. He’s also a research scientist at the Gillings School of Global Public Health at UNC. The lab he works in specializes in coronaviruses and is one of only a handful of labs around the country working on a cure for COVID-19. “We’re tasked with being the front line of evaluating new things that could save lives,” he said. (The Valley Breeze)

Reactions: osjr
Timothy Sheahan isn’t just a professor. He’s also a research scientist at the Gillings School of Global Public Health at UNC. The lab he works in specializes in coronaviruses and is one of only a handful of labs around the country working on a cure for COVID-19. “We’re tasked with being the front line of evaluating new things that could save lives,” he said. (The Valley Breeze)
Thanks, DF. I’d probably never see this stuff except for you.

@notashelbyfan you need to get a hold of this guy and explain to him what’s up with this virus and how it’s all bullshit. Be sure and expand on your vast experience and knowledge in the area I’m sure he’ll be impressed

A UNC researcher was instrumental in dangerous, now outlawed "gain of function" research with bat coronaviruses. That research took place at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and may have helped spawn the current coronavirus pandemic.

I hope our beloved University is more discerning in the future. There is enough evil in this world; no sense in making more.

@notashelbyfan you need to get a hold of this guy and explain to him what’s up with this virus and how it’s all bullshit. Be sure and expand on your vast experience and knowledge in the area I’m sure he’ll be impressed
source.gif

And Blue don’t you forget to weigh in as well. I’m sure he’d appreciate you fact checking him.
if you had half a brain, I might be able to explain to you how off base your previous comments were. Why don't you check in with this corona virus researcher and have him discuss the economics and logistics of reacting to a pandemic and the implications of political overreaction with you. I'm sure the conversation would be just as meaningful as what you suggested about one with @notashelbyfan .

https://sph.unc.edu/adv_profile/timothy-sheahan-phd/

"The Goals of Dr. Sheahan’s research are to:

1. Better understand how viruses jump into humans.
  2. Develop new models to study how emerging viruses cause disease.
  3. Identify drugs, antibodies and vaccines for the emerging viruses of today but also those that emerge in the future."
yes, he is an epidemiologist but that doesn't mean he's prepared to answer questions beyond what his narrow focus entails. Yours was truly one of the dumber posts in recent memory.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
if you had half a brain, I might be able to explain to you how off base your previous comments were. Why don't you check in with this corona virus researcher and have him discuss the economics and logistics of reacting to a pandemic and the implications of political overreaction with you. I'm sure the conversation would be just as meaningful as what you suggested about one with @notashelbyfan .

https://sph.unc.edu/adv_profile/timothy-sheahan-phd/

"The Goals of Dr. Sheahan’s research are to:

1. Better understand how viruses jump into humans.
  2. Develop new models to study how emerging viruses cause disease.
  3. Identify drugs, antibodies and vaccines for the emerging viruses of today but also those that emerge in the future."
yes, he is an epidemiologist but that doesn't mean he's prepared to answer questions beyond what his narrow focus entails. Yours was truly one of the dumber posts in recent memory.
I’m not the one second-guessing these researchers you are. And it’s sarcasm dip shit get over it

I’m not the one second-guessing these researchers you are. And it’s sarcasm dip shit get over it
"Step 2: When fellow posters point out your error, retaliate by claiming it was a bad joke that went over their heads."

and you still can't pour piss out of a boot with the directions printed on the heel. I haven't second-guessed anything, I'm pointing out that this researcher is not the one that would be second-guessed in this instance. Keep plodding, maybe you'll get there.

"Step 2: When fellow posters point out your error, retaliate by claiming it was a bad joke that went over their heads."

and you still can't pour piss out of a boot with the directions printed on the heel. I haven't second-guessed anything, I'm pointing out that this researcher is not the one that would be second-guessed in this instance. Keep plodding, maybe you'll get there.
And I’m pointing out that it’s sarcasm dumb ass or are you stupid enough to think that I am actually expecting you And that other science denying fuk nut to contact this researcher

step 8. When you fail to recognize sarcasm and make a ****ing idiot out of yourself lie and deflect

And I’m pointing out that it’s sarcasm dumb ass or are you stupid enough to think that I am actually expecting you And that other science denying fuk nut to contact this researcher
you don't understand much do you. Sarcasm isn't in the actual act, but in the suggestion of such an act. That's what you did, I agree. But your sarcasm was attempting to make a point, as sarcasm usually does. I was demonstrating that your off base point was bullshit. That little light blinking on yet?

you don't understand much do you. Sarcasm isn't in the actual act, but in the suggestion of such an act. That's what you did, I agree. But your sarcasm was attempting to make a point, as sarcasm usually does. I was demonstrating that your off base point was bullshit. That little light blinking on yet?

The one lableled “idiot alert”? Yep

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT