ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis EYBL Thread (Updated 5-28, 9:45 PM)

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
I just watched Jarin Stevenson in his first Saturday morning game. He's been in the weight room, and noticeably put on 5 to 10 pounds of lean muscle in his shoulders and upper arms. He is also playing 80% of his game behind the three-point line. His game is in transition right now. I see this a lot with 6-8 to 6-9 kids who have always played in the post and now are expanding their game out on the floor. It will develop, but it's not a finished product. He tells me he is 50/50 on reclassing. I've been told he wants to do it, but he's got basketball people around him that believe he needs another year of high school. Most believe its between North Carolina and Alabama. Nate Oats does a great job of selling the exact picture of how he will be used and his vision. He sees Stevenson as a Noah Clowney. He's got an official coming up to North Carolina, and the ball is in Hubert's court. Jarin really doesn't know what they are about up close yet, and that is what hye wants to see on the visit. He also says his decision to reclass and a school could come anytime this summer. He says there is no set date.

I'm at the third game of the morning between NH Lightning and PSA Cardinals. That means Elliot Cadeau vs. Boogie Fland. NH leads 37-25 at the half, and Cadeau has toyed with PSA. He's stolen the ball, created, made fullcourt off hand bounce passes, and hit a pair of three's. Fland has played well, but hit backcourt his overmatched. The Lightning also has '25 Meleek Thomas who is a long 6-6 guard that is quick twitched. Combine that with his length and he causes problems.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News