ADVERTISEMENT

Movie Thread: Fall/Winter 2018

heelz2345

Hall of Famer
Mar 4, 2008
So as I said the other day, I've been away from the board for a while, and I'm gonna be pretty busy for the next little bit, so I don't know how much time I'll be on here in the near future either, but didn't want to shirk my movie poasting, so here is a mega poast for my thoughts on some movies I've seen recently or ones coming up soon that I have opinions about. First up, things I've seen recently (going back to August).

Christopher Robin: This movie was pretty good, Ewan McGregor does a pretty solid job and the cgi for the characters all looks pretty solid. It takes a while for it to really get going, but it's a fun enough family movie. However, of the two movies based on beloved childhood bears to come out this year, it falls a distant second to Paddington 2, which is possibly my favorite movie of the year.

BlacKkKlansman: One of the best movies I've seen this year. Spike Lee returns to form with a story based on a real black cop in the 1970's who infiltrates the KKK by talking to members over the phone and using a white cop to pose as the character in person. This movie has some great comedic beats to balance out some of the tougher subject matter in addition to compelling performances.

The Meg: Jason Statham fights a huge damn shark. This movie is pretty much exactly what you think it is, big, dumb, sometimes fun, but mostly big and dumb. So if that's your kind of movie, check it out. Also Dwight from The Office is in it. (Side note, had terrible people in the theater behind me that wouldn't stop talking. I'm glad the movie wasn't better because otherwise I would have been super pissed at those people)

Crazy Rich Asians: This movie was really good. It is an example of taking a relatively simple story you've seen (rom-com where the couple are from different worlds fighting the odds to end up happily ever after) and just doing a really really good job with it. The cast was terrific, it's genuinely funny, compelling, and heart-warming.

The Happytime Murders: This was a disappointment for me. I wanted to really love this movie, because I was on board with the idea of an R-rated Muppet movie (written and directed by Brian Henson, son of Jim, who had previously written and directed actual Muppet movies) but it just doesn't deliver. Some jokes are solid, but ultimately, a waste of potential in a major way.

The Predator: Another disappointment for me. The first Predator is one of the best action movies of the 1980s, and this one was written and directed by Shane Black (who was in the first one), who generally has a really solid track record. After a solid (if at times uneven) first two thirds of the movie, it really falls apart in the final third. Part of what makes it a disappointment is it features a strong cast who have solid chemistry (Sterling K. Brown looks like he is having the time of his life in this movie), but the story just doesn't deliver.

A Simple Favor: I thought this movie is mostly good, but there are some narrative decisions that are...odd. To my understanding, those are faithful to the book it is based on, but still, a little strange. Directed by Paul Feig (Bridesmaids, Ghostbusters 3), this is a bit of a departure from some of his previous works because it's much darker and more serious. However, there were just sudden tonal shifts throughout that kind of don't make sense. Also, the end stacks twists left and right to the point you are kind of going "Is this the end? Is this the final twist? Or is there another?" Overall, it's not bad, but it didn't quite bring all the pieces together as nicely as I would wish.

A Star Is Born: One of my favorite and one of the best movies I've seen this year. I was blown away. This movie is going to be a major contender for the main Oscar categories. Bradley Cooper will likely be nominated for Best Actor, Director, Picture (as a producer), Screenplay (co-wrote), and Song (co-wrote with Lady Gaga), while she will likely score nominations for Song and Actress. This movie is beautiful, the acting is terrific, the music is amazing, and it just keeps you invested from the word go. I downloaded the soundtrack immediately after I watched it. Check it out.

Venom: I had low expectations for this one, and even then, was not impressed with this. The whole Sony-Marvel drama is too lengthy to get into, but basically, Sony made a movie about one of Spider-Man's best known villains that has literally nothing to do with Spider-Man or the other Marvel characters. This movie is weird, the narrative is pretty much nonsensical, and there just aren't any characters that are really worth the investment. Tom Hardy tries his best to save this movie, but there is just too much nonsense to make this movie good.

So, those are all the movies I've seen in the last two-ish months. As for the movies coming out soon, these are ones I'm excited for (along with quick synopses).

Bad Times at the El Royale (Oct 12): Directed by Drew Goddard, this is a thriller featuring an all-star cast (Jeff Bridges, Chris Hemsworth, Jon Hamm, Dakota Johnson, Nick Offerman) as a group of strangers who all happen to be at the El Royale hotel at the same time. It looks to be like a pretty fun time with lots of twists and unlikely alliances.

First Man (Oct 12): Ryan Gosling reunites with director Damien Chizelle (La La Land, Whiplash) to play Neil Armstrong on his way to the moon. Early reviews say this may be the most realistic trip to the moon in cinema history. Claire Foy (Queen Elizabeth from The Crown) also stars as Armstrong's wife. Potential Oscar contender.

Beautiful Boy (Oct 12): This movie is based on a true story, Steve Carell and Timothee Chalamet star as a father and son coping with the son's drug use and depression. Potential Oscar contender.

Halloween (Oct 19): A sequel to the original, Michael Myers is back to terrorize Jamie Lee Curtis on Halloween. Hopefully this one is a treat and no trick.

Bohemian Rhapsody (Nov 2): Rami Malek (Mr. Robot) stars as Freddie Mercury in a movie covering the life of one of the most famous rock stars of the 20th century. Potential Oscar contender.

Boy Erased (Nov 2): Starring Lukas Hedges, Nicole Kidman, Joel Edgerton (who also directs), and Russell Crowe, this movie is about a teenager who is the son of a Baptist preacher and is forced into gay conversion therapy. Potential Oscar contender.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Nov 16): Eddie Redmayne returns as Newt Scamander in the next chapter in the Fantastic Beasts story, where he is joined by Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore and Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald. The thing about these movies is they are completely new additions to the Harry Potter universe, so one can't help but be excited if they are a fan of the Potterverse.

Widows (Nov 16): An all star cast, this is going to be a thriller about a group of women who lose their husbands after a criminal venture goes bad, and the ladies decide to take matters into their own hands and finish the job. Potential Oscar contender.

Creed II (Nov 21): Michael B. Jordan returns as Adonis Creed, son of Apollo, to fight the son of Ivan Drago. Stallone and Lundgren reprise their roles also. Potential Oscar contender.

Green Book (Nov 21): Directed by Peter Farrelly (one half of the Farrelly Brothers who directed Dumb & Dumber and There's Something About Mary), this movie stars Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali. It tells the story of a black classical musician going on a tour through the segregated South with his streetwise NY bodyguard. Potential Oscar contender.

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Nov 21): A sequel to the underrated Wreck-It Ralph, this one sees Ralph and company going from their classic arcade games into the Internet. Chaos and fun follows suit.

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (Dec 14): This is an animated movie about the Miles Morales version of Spider-Man, a bi-racial kid who takes up the mantle after the death of Peter Parker. However, this movie will also feature tons of alternate Spider-people (and animals) including Peter and Spider-Ham. This one is gonna be lots of fun.

Mary Poppins Returns (Dec 19): A sequel to the original, Emily Blunt plays the titular nanny. I think this will be a fantastic movie, it features an all star cast and (based on the trailer) seems to know what made the original so magical.

Aquaman (Dec 21): Jason Momoa plays the titular character, and this one looks like a pretty fun movie with action on land and at sea as we get our first full length live action movie dedicated to the hero from Atlantis. Hopefully this will help DC right the ship.

Bumblebee (Dec 21): A prequel to the other Transformers movies about everyone's favorite yellow Transformer, I was initially very hesitant toward this movie, however, after watching the trailer, I think this has potential to be the best in the series (a relatively low bar, but still). Hopefully this one is good.

Vice (Dec 25): Christian Bale plays Dick Cheney, Sam Rockwell is George W. Bush, Steve Carell is Donald Rumsfeld, and Amy Adams plays Lynne Cheney in this look at the right hand man who was more the actual man behind the scenes. Directed by Adam McKay (Anchorman, Step Brothers, The Big Short), this movie is high on my list for most anticipated. Potential Oscar contender.

Lots of movies to look forward to the rest of the year, which are the ones you guys are looking forward to?

Vice and Bad Times at the Royals look amazing.

Creed 2 could be interesting.

I wish I didn’t know the ending of Bohemian Rhaosody. That one is going to get heavy

First, hell of a post.

Second, this looks like a real good fall/winter for movies. Creed, Vice, Bohemian, Widows, Bad Times all look super interesting.

Reactions: heelz2345
Thanks Heelz! Awesome post.

Bohemian Rhapsody has been on my must watch list all year; can't wait. I hope it delivers.
I want to see that animated Spider-Man movie too. Looks like it should be fun.

A few others that I'll wait for PPV: Blackkklansman, Bad Times..., and I'm sure to catch a few more that are of interest to Mrs. THM (like the Fanstastic Beasts movie).

I think the movie is supposed to end with Queen's 1985 Live Aid performance. Which if you haven't seen it before, do yourself a favor and watch 25 minutes of Rock 'n Roll History. The band was great, and Freddie was phenomenal.

Oh I’ve seen it. But now I’ve got to go watch it again lol. One of the greatest live performances in music history. Right up there with Hendrix at Monterrey

The only thing I've seen recently is Teen Titians Go to the Movies thanks to the kids. It was actually pretty funny for a kids movie though. Comic book lovers (cc: @heelz2345 ) would like it. Lots of inside jokes.

The only thing I've seen recently is Teen Titians Go to the Movies thanks to the kids. It was actually pretty funny for a kids movie though. Comic book lovers (cc: @heelz2345 ) would like it. Lots of inside jokes.
I wanted to see this one, but I didn't have a chance in the time it was at my local theater, but I did think it looked solid.

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (Dec 14): This is an animated movie about the Miles Morales version of Spider-Man, a bi-racial kid who takes up the mantle after the death of Peter Parker. However, this movie will also feature tons of alternate Spider-people (and animals) including Peter and Spider-Ham. This one is gonna be lots of fun.
Have you seen this one yet @heelz2345 ? I checked it out today (in 3D) and thought it was great. The animation was fantastic, and the story had a solid mix of action, drama and humor. I’ve been burned out on the superhero movies for years now but I’d definitely go see more like this one.

Sweet baby Horus! You guys are some real moviegoers. I see two, maybe three movies a year. I saw Deadpool 2 (meh), and I'll probably go see Vice. Most of them are just garbage or try to preach to you anymore. If I want to be preached to, I'll go to church.

I saw the Mule (Clint Eastwood directed and starred) - it was pretty good, about what I expected. In some ways, similar to Gran Torino by Eastwood, too. Not likely an Oscar film, but worth seeing.

There was a documentary movie called "They Shall Not Grow Old" which was real old footage and stories from World War 1 (or the Great War at that time - 1914) of British soldiers and the hardships they went through, how they were so young (some only 14-15 years old!!!), had so few resources, had to battle sickness, despair, weather, terrain,etc. The real footage was "colorized"? and it looks very well done and intriguing.

It only played on two days here (12/17 and 12/27) in few theatres so I couldn't get tickets but I hope it is realeased on DVD or Netflix, Comcast on Demand, etc soon.

Reactions: Old_School59
Sweet baby Horus! You guys are some real moviegoers. I see two, maybe three movies a year. I saw Deadpool 2 (meh), and I'll probably go see Vice. Most of them are just garbage or try to preach to you anymore. If I want to be preached to, I'll go to church.

Ive been inside a movie theatre less than 5 times in the past 10 years.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
There was a documentary movie called "They Shall Not Grow Old" which was real old footage and stories from World War 1 (or the Great War at that time - 1914) of British soldiers and the hardships they went through, how they were so young (some only 14-15 years old!!!), had so few resources, had to battle sickness, despair, weather, terrain,etc. The real footage was "colorized"? and it looks very well done and intriguing.

It only played on two days here (12/17 and 12/27) in few theatres so I couldn't get tickets but I hope it is realeased on DVD or Netflix, Comcast on Demand, etc soon.

I guess this movie did so well, and has received such excellent reviews across the board, that it is going to be released large-scale in February. Can't wait.

This is not a preachy Hollywood elite film. Just real-life documentary. I read one prominent critic say it was the best documentary he's seen in his life.

Reactions: heelbent
Have you seen this one yet @heelz2345 ? I checked it out today (in 3D) and thought it was great. The animation was fantastic, and the story had a solid mix of action, drama and humor. I’ve been burned out on the superhero movies for years now but I’d definitely go see more like this one.
I did see it (and looking back at the list of ones I was looking forward to seeing, I have seen all of them so far except Boy Erased, which didn't come anywhere close to where I was). I thought Spider-Verse was amazing. The animation style was unlike anything I've seen before. I loved the characters, and just thought it was a terrific ride. It's in my top ten of the year.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Ive been inside a movie theatre less than 5 times in the past 10 years.
I've been inside a movie theater more than 5 times in the past 10 days.

Granted, this is a higher than average rate for me. Trying to cram stuff in before the year's end.

I've been inside a movie theater more than 5 times in the past 10 days.

Granted, this is a higher than average rate for me. Trying to cram stuff in before the year's end.
Any really good ones to report?

I wanna see Vice.

That's the route I seem to be trending. I just can't stand most of fake Hollywood and I refuse to support them financially.

That's not really why I don't go to movies. I don't go because most likely, I'd be taking my kids and paying $75 to watch a movie I don't really want to watch. And if by some chance my wife and I get free of kids for an evening, I can find a lot better things to do than sit in a movie theater for 2 hours.

Any really good ones to report?

I wanna see Vice.
I liked Vice a lot, McKay’s directing style might be jarring for some people (that’s a criticism I’ve heard a lot), but I thought it really worked. Bale was amazing, you forget it’s him at times. This one is just outside my top 10 of the year.

I thought Mary Poppins Returns was terrific, one of my absolute favorites. Emily Blunt nailed the role.

I also saw Bumblebee and Aquaman which are pretty solid popcorn flicks. Bumblebee was easily the best Transformers movie, and Aquaman is the best non-Wonder Woman Movie in the DCEU

I liked Vice a lot, McKay’s directing style might be jarring for some people (that’s a criticism I’ve heard a lot), but I thought it really worked. Bale was amazing, you forget it’s him at times. This one is just outside my top 10 of the year.

I thought Mary Poppins Returns was terrific, one of my absolute favorites. Emily Blunt nailed the role.

I also saw Bumblebee and Aquaman which are pretty solid popcorn flicks. Bumblebee was easily the best Transformers movie, and Aquaman is the best non-Wonder Woman Movie in the DCEU
All the previews I've seen for Vice are awesome.

That's not really why I don't go to movies. I don't go because most likely, I'd be taking my kids and paying $75 to watch a movie I don't really want to watch. And if by some chance my wife and I get free of kids for an evening, I can find a lot better things to do than sit in a movie theater for 2 hours.
Great point. Same for me, with three teenagers and a wife.
Take that into account, plus the injected politics of the Hollywood elites (on and off the screen) and the outrageous refreshment prices, 25 minutes of garbage previews and commercials....
then you get to see one movie with two hours (2.5 tops) of story line, character development, etc.
So much bad, lazy writing. So much fall-back to lazy weak, superhero movie part 2,3,4...or lazy unfunny "comedies" with Will Ferrell, etc... or inferior sequels.....
little new or original or with developed writing worth the money or time to see in a theater.

I think the theater movie industry is dying.

It's getting beaten by the now relatively cheap home theater (TV / audio) technology, pretty cheap streaming or on demand purchase (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Comcast on Demand, HBO, AMC, etc) - affordable for most families now, it seems.

..... and the ability in these streaming forums to build a story line, characters over MANY hours (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, GOT, etc)
and the comfort of watching the movie / story many times in comfort of home with your own cheap refreshments, ability to pause, rewind, rewatch, etc.
Super hard for the movie theater industry to compete with that.

Reactions: Old_School59
“Ballad of buster scruggs” was AWFUL. And i’m a huge coen bros fan. First story was funny and good but the others...oh god. Didnt even finish watching the last one. Bored outta my mind. 1/5

I enjoyed “a simple favor” but yea all the twists at the end were unnecessary. 3/5

“Rampage” was terrible. Go lance a boil. 0/5

Started watching “sharp objects” and i’m finding it compelling so far 4/5

“Just kidding” with jim carrey as a kid tv show host dealing with family tragedy is strangely captivating. I liked it. 4/5

“Bird box” was okay. Started strong but left so many questions unanswered. Like where’d they get all that newspaper?. Sandra bullock never gets naked. 3/5

“Shameless” has run its course. Last season and now this season are just mehhh 2/5

“Marwencol” is a doc i watched thinking i was watching “marwen”
Which is the steve carrell movie based on the doc evidently. They are two diff things which took me about an hour to realize. “Marwencol” is fascinating, disturbing, sad, intriguing. Its the story of an alcoholic crossdresser recovering from a savage beating who poses gi joe and barbie dolls for photos in dia ramas that depict people in his life to tell stories based in ww2 belgium. Yea its bizarre. Beyond bizarre. The guy is either one of the greatest story tellers and photographers ever or a raging lunatic dealing with addiction and brain trauma. Maybe both. One of those shows you love or hate. I loved it. My wife and kids who watched it with me hated it. 4/5

“Ready player one” was entertaining and kept my interest. 3/5

“Dead pool 2” was hilarious. My fav of all the super hero franchises. 3/5

“House of cards” new season was better than i expected but still not as good without spacey. 3/5

“The sinner” is very good. Jessica biel is hot and a very very naughty girl who seemingly inexplicably murders a guy on the beach in front of her family. Lots of twists and surprises. 4/5

“Kindergarten teacher” is a decent flick about a teacher who obsesses over a student poet prodigy. Maggie gillenhaul is a naughty girl as well. 3/5

“Origin unknown” is basically a cheap rip off of “2001 space odyssey”. Horrible. 1/5

Last edited:
“Ballad of buster scruggs” was AWFUL. And i’m a huge coen bros fan. First story was funny and good but the others...oh god. Didnt even finish watching the last one. Bored outta my mind. 1/5

I enjoyed “a simple favor” but yea all the twists at the end were unnecessary. 3/5

“Rampage” was terrible. Go lance a boil. 0/5

Started watching “sharp objects” and i’m finding it compelling so far 4/5

“Just kidding” with jim carrey as a kid tv show host dealing with family tragedy is strangely captivating. I liked it. 4/5

“Bird box” was okay. Started strong but left so many questions unanswered. Like where’d they get all that newspaper?. Sandra bullock never gets naked. 3/5

“Shameless” has run its course. Last season and now this season are just mehhh 2/5

“Marwencol” is a doc i watched thinking i was watching “marwen”
Which is the steve carrell movie based on the doc evidently. They are two diff things which took me about an hour to realize. “Marwencol” is fascinating, disturbing, sad, intriguing. Its the story of an alcoholic crossdresser recovering from a savage beating who poses gi joe and barbie dolls for photos in dia ramas that depict people in his life to tell stories based in ww2 belgium. Yea its bizarre. Beyond bizarre. The guy is either one of the greatest story tellers and photographers ever or a raging lunatic dealing with addiction and brain trauma. Maybe both. One of those shows you love or hate. I loved it. My wife and kids who watched it with me hated it. 4/5

“Ready player one” was entertaining and kept my interest. 3/5

“Dead pool 2” was hilarious. My fav of all the super hero franchises. 3/5

“House of cards” new season was better than i expected but still not as good without spacey. 3/5

“The sinner” is very good. Jessica biel is hot and a very very naughty girl who seemingly inexplicably murders a guy on the beach in front of her family. Lots of twists and surprises. 4/5

“Kindergarten teacher” is a decent flick about a teacher who obsesses over a student poet prodigy. Maggie gillenhaul is a naughty girl as well. 3/5

“Origin unknown” is basically a cheap rip off of “2001 space odyssey”. Horrible. 1/5
I disagree on Buster Scruggs, I thought it was really good. Not the Coens’ best, but I liked it a lot. The first segment was great. I enjoyed the other segments a lot as well, though segments 3 and 6 were my least favorite.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Great point. Same for me, with three teenagers and a wife.
Take that into account, plus the injected politics of the Hollywood elites (on and off the screen) and the outrageous refreshment prices, 25 minutes of garbage previews and commercials....
then you get to see one movie with two hours (2.5 tops) of story line, character development, etc.
So much bad, lazy writing. So much fall-back to lazy weak, superhero movie part 2,3,4...or lazy unfunny "comedies" with Will Ferrell, etc... or inferior sequels.....
little new or original or with developed writing worth the money or time to see in a theater.

I think the theater movie industry is dying.

It's getting beaten by the now relatively cheap home theater (TV / audio) technology, pretty cheap streaming or on demand purchase (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Comcast on Demand, HBO, AMC, etc) - affordable for most families now, it seems.

..... and the ability in these streaming forums to build a story line, characters over MANY hours (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, GOT, etc)
and the comfort of watching the movie / story many times in comfort of home with your own cheap refreshments, ability to pause, rewind, rewatch, etc.
Super hard for the movie theater industry to compete with that.
I’m not sure I agree the movie theater is dying, but I think we will see a change in model. The domestic box office pulled in $11.5 billion this year, which is the highest ever, and landed 2 movies in the top 5 highest grossing of all time. Now you can say inflation had a hand in that, and you wouldn’t be wrong, but they are still making money pretty well. Something else that has had a factor was the success of moviepass, and while their price point was too low to really succeed long term they made an impact as theater chains like AMC have adopted similar subscription plans. I expect we will see more of those going forward. So while I do think how we go to the movies might change, I don’t think theaters are going anywhere for a while

Reactions: Heelicious
I disagree on Buster Scruggs, I thought it was really good. Not the Coens’ best, but I liked it a lot. The first segment was great. I enjoyed the other segments a lot as well, though segments 3 and 6 were my least favorite.
I thought it was pretty good as well. Not great, but enjoyable stories. The last story was probably the weakest, but did it have you thinking that maybe the stagecoach riders were already dead? Or was that just me? LOL. If not, maybe one of them was supposed to be next?

As for the 3rd story, did you recognize the young guy?

I thought it was pretty good as well. Not great, but enjoyable stories. The last story was probably the weakest, but did it have you thinking that maybe the stagecoach riders were already dead? Or was that just me? LOL. If not, maybe one of them was supposed to be next?

As for the 3rd story, did you recognize the young guy?
Yeah I definitely saw the stagecoach as transportation to the afterlife, whether the hotel was hell, heaven, or purgatory I can’t say, but I definitely thought they were all dead.

And yeah, he was Harry Potter’s cousin Dudley haha

I guess this movie did so well, and has received such excellent reviews across the board, that it is going to be released large-scale in February. Can't wait.

This is not a preachy Hollywood elite film. Just real-life documentary. I read one prominent critic say it was the best documentary he's seen in his life.

It was screened at Bragg about 2 weeks ago. I didn't go but heard it's fantastic from a few who did see it. I might try it when I can watch it at home.

This was me pretty much. #1 was decent. Ain't no such thing as a fair fight. The rest really disappointed me, some more than others, but I didn't particularly care for any of them.

Watched Rampage with my youngest son. He enjoyed it. I crashed about 30 minutes into "Ready Player One".

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Just saw “black klansman” and it was great. Black undercover cop infiltrates the klan while dealing with the anti cop black power movement of the 70’s in his personal life. Has some hilarious moments as well as hi drama. Spike lees best imo. Lots of afros. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Just finished “escape from danemorre.” Faded a little at the end but still enjoyed it ⭐️⭐️⭐️

“Sharp objects” is a must see. Its like true detective season one but darker and more twisted. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“SMILF” is mehh. A hot slutty single mom struggles with life. A few laughs. Lots of debauchery. ⭐️⭐️

“High maintenance “. I watched first two. Each is a different story and cast about getting stoned. Its interesting. First one had graphic m/m sex scenes so if that bothers u then def dont watch that one. Good stories though. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

“The endless”. Watched this on netflix on my daughters recommendation. Excellent sci fi. Two brothers revisit a summer camp run by a cult to try and get closure for their lives and find themselves trapped. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“Big little lies”. Okay i’ve given this three different tries. Keep hearing how awesome it is so i keep going back and trying another episode thinking this might be the one that makes it watchable. I’ve seen 6 episodes now and I hate it. Incredible cast. Great premise. But boring af. ⭐️⭐️

Last edited:
Just saw “black klansman” and it was great. Black undercover cop infiltrates the klan while dealing with the anti cop black power movement of the 70’s in his personal life. Has some hilarious moments as well as hi drama. Spike lees best imo. Lots of afros. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I thought this movie was great, one of my top 5 on the year. Definitely the best Spike in a long long time.

I'll go see it when I need to recharge my white guilt.
giphy.gif

I'll go see it when I need to recharge my white guilt.

My first thought as well but its not like that. It actually explores the duality of the two extremist views of the time. Although admittedly it depicts the kkk much more negatively than the black power movement. But its a true story about a person trying to deal with being a black cop when his friends (and a hot woman) hated all cops indiscriminately.

Just saw “bill murray stories”. Its a trip. Evidently he has spent a great deal of time just randomly showing up at places and inserting himself in random people lives for a couple hours. Once he showed up at a house party some college kids were having and washed their dishes. Really cool. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Whats really a trip is that he did this to my bro in law. He was living in the bahamas in the ‘80’s and had a boat. One day hes cleaning the boat and this guy just walks down the dock and says “hey can u take me out fishing?” It was murray. Jay said he was stunned and just said “sure” so he jumped in and they took off. Spent half a day on the water and got shit faced and caught a lot of fish. When they came in he invited murray to a pig pickin he was going to. He came along and they partied all night with some....chemical help. Next day murray was gone but they found the pigs head in the toilet. He has pics of it all. Theres one with murray sticking his tongue down a fish’s mouth. Jay said he told them he does it to feel normal

Last edited:
Just saw “bill murray stories”. Its a trip. Evidently he has spent a great deal of time just randomly showing up at places and inserting himself in random people lives for a couple hours. Once he showed up at a house party some college kids were having and washed their dishes. Really cool. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Whats really a trip is that he did this to my bro in law. He was living in the bahamas in the ‘80’s and had a boat. One day hes cleaning the boat and this guy just walks down the dock and says “hey can u take me out fishing?” It was murray. Jay said he was stunned and just said “sure” so he jumped in and they took off. Spent half a day on the water and got shit faced and caught a lot of fish. When they came in he invited murray to a pig pickin he was going to. He came along and they partied all night with some....chemical help. Next day murray was gone but they found the pigs head in the toilet. He has pics of it all. Theres one with murray sticking his tongue down a fish’s mouth.
I watched that too, and thought it was great. Cool story for your B-I-L.

I love the story where Murray ends up tending bar, and just gives people whatever he wants to give them regardless of what they asked for. How awesome is that?

I watched that too, and thought it was great. Cool story for your B-I-L.

I love the story where Murray ends up tending bar, and just gives people whatever he wants to give them regardless of what they asked for. How awesome is that?

Yea people were like “can i have a margarita?” And they got a shot of gin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT