ADVERTISEMENT

Musical artist recomendation;

tarheelinfl

Hall of Famer
Nov 5, 2002
If you're looking for something new to listen to
and like country/folk music give these ladies a listen. The Krickets, 4 ladies
with beautiful harmonies and excellent musicianship. I've seen them twice
in a intimate venue here in Pensacola and really enjoyed them.
Jessie Ritter, a "transplant" from Missouri to the panhandle is a very talented singer/songwriter.
Here album "small town in America" is excellent! If you're a fan of Miranda Lambert you'd probably
like her. "Mama's man", "Daddy, how do I" "Grandma's closet" are 3 songs I'd put up against anything
out there now.

not usually my style but OMG they are fantastic. Great recommendation. What I like about Krickets isn't just the vocals but the way they use the instruments to complement them. Some of the most listenable music I've heard in a long time.

Last edited:
check this out. I just stumbled across these ladies and I was convinced that they were the same ladies as the Krickets. But these gals are Dutch, apparently. The similarity is amazing to me.

I've shared this before, but Rhiannon Giddens, Greensboro native... and the Chocolate Drops are great

Older version with the Osborne Brothers:

Reactions: Archer2
damn! How many groups like this are there? I could sit between the speakers and listen to any of these and be blissfully happy. With or without my favorite relaxatory substance.

Love the violin. Or is it fiddle?
Fiddle and violin are the same instrument.

Fiddle and violin are the same instrument.
I know. I just find it humorous that any distinction is made, depending on how pretentious one wants to be.

Finding humor is key. Otherwise, you're just fiddling around.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheelinfl
I see where the Krickets are going to be in Asheville and Dunn later this month, check their schedule.

Reactions: bluetoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT