ADVERTISEMENT

My take on the Cadeau reclass and what might happen next

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
I have been vaguely discussing the Elliot Cadeau situation for the past few days only when prompted. The reclassification in so surprise. I posted that a couple of weeks ago. What would happen after that was more of a gray area. I have probably researched Cadeau, and spoke with more sources than any other player since I have been working at Rivals. Now is the time to share the information, not just because of the reclass, but because of other news I heard this morning which could be even bigger.

I started hearing just before Atlanta that Cadeau and R.J. Davis both wanted the ball in their hands, and that the combination might not be compatible. If Cadeau couldn't get that commitment from Hubert Davis he might look elsewhere, and if R.J. couldn't lock down that spot there were some rumors of other options. The big news was not the reclass announcement, but what might come afterwards.

Let me add that this was not my story. I knew if I said anything there would be blowback and attention that I do not desire. I also wanted to speak with Elliot in Memphis this past weekend, and ask him face to face about the point guard spot, and his feelings about playing alongside Davis. He was incredibly convincing in the interview that UNC was where he wanted to be. Let me add this as well. There were a lot of back channel talk about this in the grassroots industry that never became public. I spoke with heavy hitters about this, and also was getting texts and calls from different individuals sharing information that was in agreement. There was too much smoke there just to simply ignore it. In fact, I saw an NBA scout this past weekend that I am close with, and haven't seen in two years. I've never spoken about this with him. His first words to me were, "Is Elliot de-committing?" There was talk about this from individuals who are sourced and networked.

I heard from a very knowledgeable individual this morning minutes after the announcement that I have shared back and forth information with on this subject for weeks. He gave me the biggest news that I have heard. He was the original person to tell me that Davis would not play off the ball. He told me this morning that he believes everything has been hashed out, and the two will play together at North Carolina next season. The task of Hubert Davis was to find out how to make this work, and unless we hear something it different it looks like he has done just that. I believe there can be a multiple point guard scenario, but from what we understand Cadeau will play the one and Davis will play the two, and both are fine with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News