ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR question

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
I have never been a NASCAR fan although I have watched and appreciated the skill and team work involved in winning a race

I watched some of the pre race for Daytona and they had a segment on the pit crews ad the trailers and all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on

My question deals with going to a race. Can you get special deals/passes and get tours of the crew/trailers area or are those off limits to the general pubic? I am actually more interested in learning and seeing that stuff then the actual race itself

I now live in Asheville but I think here is a big race in Charlotte which is an easy 2 hour drive from here

I have never been a NASCAR fan although I have watched and appreciated the skill and team work involved in winning a race

I watched some of the pre race for Daytona and they had a segment on the pit crews ad the trailers and all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on

My question deals with going to a race. Can you get special deals/passes and get tours of the crew/trailers area or are those off limits to the general pubic? I am actually more interested in learning and seeing that stuff then the actual race itself

I now live in Asheville but I think here is a big race in Charlotte which is an easy 2 hour drive from here

Key- you really want to go to Bristol instead of Charlotte. As far as pit passes, I think those are given out to sponsors so you might need to become friends with your nearest Goodyear Tire sales rep.

Yes, you can get packages that include what they call “hot passes”, which can get you passes to pit row even during the race. Regular pit passes only let you in the pit beforehand.

and I highly recommend getting hot passes and even urge you to find a way to get in a box. Without all that extra shit, it ain’t worth going.

Bristol is a fun race (as is Martinsville). Smaller tracks usually have more action. But Lowe’s is impressive in many way - the size of the track, the pitch of the turns, the size of the crowd and the feeling of standing next to the fence when 40 cars come by at almost 200 mph.

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT