ADVERTISEMENT

Ncaa to allow messages of social justice to replace names on uniforms

Can’t wait to see people rant and rave about the commies taking over America because a college football players puts “equality” on the back of his jersey instead of his last name.

Can’t wait to see people rant and rave about the commies taking over America because a college football players puts “equality” on the back of his jersey instead of his last name.
actually, I might prefer commies to liberals

Of course you would. Is that you in your avatar? The one in blue panties?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If Tar Heels start this bullshit like the NFL then i am done with sports all together.
You should start figuring out what to do with your free time then. Maybe learn a new language or learn how to play an instrument.

Or maybe get addicted to hookers and blow. Let me know if you need some. I know a guy. (cc: @UNC '92 ).

I'd definitely still watch. I usually refer to it as the "UNC" game, but at that point I would call them nothing but the Tar Heels. I'd also wear stuff that says Tar Heels all the time. Basically the @Terror Beard approach.

I think that's how @strummingram should handle the Redskins situation.
I think he meant the social justice stuff, not the name tar heels. Maybe I misunderstood. Either way hookers and blow are a good solution.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I dont understand the angst over any of it. People are going to do what they want to do...every time. Just kick the damn ball. We'll watch or we won't...but I'd almost bet we do.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I'm going to root for and watch The University of North Carolina because I love doing that and I don't hate any social issue as much as I love the Tar Heels.

Wild thought, I know.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I have principles that I value more so than my love for the Tar Heels. And I'm certain that's a wild thought to some.

And many people do...nothing wrong with it. I just think principles/beliefs kinda lock you in to something that isn't always great. Like, I don't think the Tar Heels would ever put "let's rape goats" on their jerseys so I can't really ever see them doing something to where it offends me so much that I'd deprive myself of doing something I love.

Those really hard principles (aside from the obvious stuff like "be a good person" "treat others well" etc. etc.) I've found can be a burden on people. An example would be if a person was very anti-homosexuality as a principle and their son/daughter was gay and they disowned them. That principle just cost you something very important.

HugeBlankCoyote-size_restricted.gif

That's kinda my thought on it. I like when things make me change my mind - I usually learned something in the process.

Ok, that was heavy...back to my original thought, go Heels.

Someone should compile a list of all the people who have promised to not watch Carolina sports because of x, y, or z. Then we could all them out on it 1 by 1.

raises hand.

after a wake forest game under bunting

after a maryland game under butch

after an east carolina game under fedora

many basketball games

i dgaf what they put on the uni’s because it’s already got argyle

I'd definitely still watch. I usually refer to it as the "UNC" game, but at that point I would call them nothing but the Tar Heels. I'd also wear stuff that says Tar Heels all the time. Basically the @Terror Beard approach.

I think that's how @strummingram should handle the Redskins situation.
My little brother (can I say that at 51 and he's 45?) is trying to get me to stay on-board. It is one of our bonding "things." I think he just wants me to keep paying for the NFL Direct Ticket so he can watch for free! I Skype him on Sundays and we watch the game "together." He gets Vikings games, of course.

Anyway, he did a really stunning example of arbitration/used-car salesman on me. It was basically; "If it's the Washington Football Club/Team, then you can still wear your Redskins gear and even CALL them the Redskins, if you're a fan. The way it's worded now, it sort of leaves it open-ended for whoever is watching. I just want them to start winning." If he'd left the last sentence off, I might have taken the bait. It reminded me of the real cross that we bear- losing. If it were a team that had some kind of "winning" pay-off, it might be easier to get used to. If God magically waved His wand (notice I said His) and the team started winning because the front office caved-in to guilty white liberals, then it might be a fair trade.

We'll see. I just always really loved the whole Indian motif. When I played Cowboys and Indians as a kid, I was ALWAYS an Indian. I mean, to the letter, with "warpaint" on my pasty-white Irish face using magic markers. I HATED "The Cowboys." I still do! I had even started pulling more for the Chiefs because, they were always my "second team" because of THEIR Indian motif! And, the Chiefs have been winning like a muther!

But, we did luck-out, in a sick way... no pun intended. That 2020 season was literally LOST! No winner! I just wish they'd stopped the ACCT one game earlier.

I wish they would’ve stopped it before the clemson game lol. Hate to say it but that team will forever be my least favorite Carolina basketball team, mainly because they blew the streak.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I wish they would’ve stopped it before the clemson game lol. Hate to say it but that team will forever be my least favorite Carolina basketball team, mainly because they blew the streak.
Well... yeah. It's the worst team in... a VERY long time!

And many people do...nothing wrong with it. I just think principles/beliefs kinda lock you in to something that isn't always great. Like, I don't think the Tar Heels would ever put "let's rape goats" on their jerseys so I can't really ever see them doing something to where it offends me so much that I'd deprive myself of doing something I love.

Those really hard principles (aside from the obvious stuff like "be a good person" "treat others well" etc. etc.) I've found can be a burden on people. An example would be if a person was very anti-homosexuality as a principle and their son/daughter was gay and they disowned them. That principle just cost you something very important.

HugeBlankCoyote-size_restricted.gif

That's kinda my thought on it. I like when things make me change my mind - I usually learned something in the process.

Ok, that was heavy...back to my original thought, go Heels.

that's because the Tar Heels are not from some rathole northeastern city.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT