ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament (2024) Thread

If Houston can make some free throws they will have dodged a major bullet.

So many guys fouled out Houston has a guy on the court who has only played 3 games.

Reactions: Heelicious
Timeout Houston.

Listen to me Sampson. Put 5 guys out on the perimeter. If they want to drive for 2, let them have it. Don't risk giving them an and-one. Don't risk fouling out the only 2 foul shooters you have left.

Timeout Houston.

Listen to me Sampson. Put 5 guys out on the perimeter. If they want to drive for 2, let them have it. Don't risk giving them an and-one. Don't risk fouling out the only 2 foul shooters you have left.
Dumbass

Just committed a foul and now Shead fouled out.

Sampson WTF are you doing??!

I wanna say something funny but it might sound reverse racist 😂

What the heck….they got all the way down to the never used white guy on the bench. What’s the kids name from Hoosiers. Jimmy?

Imagine trying to win an OT with Lebo, Wojcik, Trimble, Ingram, and Washington on the floor.

Houston pulled it off, but they didn't deserve it. Between this game and the Big 12 tourney buttwhooping, dook is licking their chops.

Man Houston didn’t deserve the win. They have athletes and play good defense. And have some great players. But Sampson is a straight up moron regarding his late game coaching.

I picked Houston to win the title but most of the coaches remaining will coach circles around Sampson. Duke will probably beat them though it will be a big Houston crowd in Dallas.

Reactions: Heels5150
Why are we playing the late game on Thursday??? Ratings??? We are the one seed we should play first incase we win that gives us extra time to rest

A&M 45 free throws
Yeah I thoght the officiating was super sketchy late. Like jump ball when nobody from a n m had touched the ball. Lots of ticky talc Houston fouls when a n m originated contact.

Still it seems like 4th grader logic to foul when up 3 with 1.2 seconds left. Nearly impossible to lose if you foul there

I wouldn’t worry about dook. If you keep McCain under 20 they can’t beat you. Flipper should have gone pro last year, he’s not that good.

Why are we playing the late game on Thursday??? Ratings??? We are the one seed we should play first incase we win that gives us extra time to rest
I dont like it and I agree with you but you know it’s all about tv ratings and money. UNC / Alabama is a much better draw than az Clemson.

And it’s only 6:30 or 6:40 in LA so not so late for the players. If it tipped off at 9:40 and they were playing on the east coast, that would really be bad / unfair.

Reactions: Heels5150
Imagine trying to win an OT with Lebo, Wojcik, Trimble, Ingram, and Washington on the floor.

Houston pulled it off, but they didn't deserve it. Between this game and the Big 12 tourney buttwhooping, dook is licking their chops.
Except all our guys are smarter than Houston’s but I get your point. I know they were tired but Houston looked like they were rebounding with one hand/ arm late. And HOW do you get close enough to foul a three point shooter when that’s all that can beat you?

I dont like it and I agree with you but you know it’s all about tv ratings and money. UNC / Alabama is a much better draw than az Clemson.

And it’s only 6:30 or 6:40 in LA so not so late for the players. If it tipped off at 9:40 and they were playing on the east coast, that would really be bad / unfair.
Our players aren't going to suddenly change their internal body clock when they arrive in LA on Tuesday. It will still feel very much like 10 pm eastern when that game tips off Thursday.

Also, Arizona is a west coast team. Giving them the early game means it will be shortly after 4pm WST for all those west coast Arizona fans who want to watch the game on tv. They'll still be at work when it tips off.

Just a massive blunder by the NCAA.

Between this game and the Big 12 tourney buttwhooping, dook is licking their chops.
Dook being in the region with Houston was planned months ago along with UNC/Zona having to knock each other off.
Typical NCAA bullcrap. Nothing to see here.

This every other team is hot garbage, and got gifted an easy road, while our guys were given a gauntlet is weak talk. We get Bama, who is legit, and we have struggled with in the past. Congrats to all the teams who have earned a sweet 16 spot.

We, ( UNC), have a week to prepare for another 4 team weekend tournament, with Bama as our round 1 matchup. Let's get it !!!

Dook being in the region with Houston was planned months ago along with UNC/Zona having to knock each other off.
Really, you think Zona deserved a 1 seed above Houston? Hell, Dook is a 4 seed, I don't see the "typical bullcrap". Play the games, no hook ups for or against UNC or Dook.

Like Illinois/Iowa State in Boston at 10:09 (at the earliest)? These tip off times are just absurd. Start the first games at 6. Yes, I am 40+ and have two young kids, one of which somehow has school on Good Friday the next morning. 😂

Last edited:
Houston, last night aside, has looked like one of the two best teams in the country for much of the year. But based on NCAA tourney performance it sure does appear Duke is in the easiest region. Marquette has been unimpressive as a 2 as well. But I'd put it down more to good old-fashioned luck this year than the NCAA conspiracy that usually happens when they are a 1 or a 2 seed. It's harder to pad a bracket for a 4 seed. L

What the NCAA certainly can do is assign some Duke-friendly refs to this game though. Houston is a 'physical' team and they no doubt will virtually start the game with two fouls on each starter. Let's just hope they (or Marquette) step up to the plate. I don't even want to imagine the possibility of Duke v. State for the Final Four.

Last edited:
Really, you think Zona deserved a 1 seed above Houston? Hell, Dook is a 4 seed, I don't see the "typical bullcrap". Play the games, no hook ups for or against UNC or Dook.
Agreed. Wow - Houston has been the top team some weeks of the year and top defensive team basically all year. That hasn’t changed. Talk like Arizona is better than them or that they are similar to some low major ranked in the 100s and there’s some conspiracy brewing weeks back to give dook an easy path is delusional.

If Dook and Houston play at their same level - say they both play their b or a- games, Houston will win by near double digits.

Houston, last night aside, has looked like one of the two best teams in the country for much of the year. But based on NCAA tourney performance it sure does appear Duke is in the easiest region. Marquette has been unimpressive as a 2 as well.
The talking heads have called it the South region the weakest.
And how often do we hear that in March concerning dook?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT