ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

Somehow I never saw “pawnshop chronicles “ til last night. A pulp fiction type collection of interwoven stories. Hilarious. Lots of big names. Paul walkers last film as well.

Oppenheimer was meh. Do not understand the hype at all. Yes we get it, it’s a moral quandary, but don’t take two hours to tell us.

Oppenheimer was meh. Do not understand the hype at all. Yes we get it, it’s a moral quandary, but don’t take two hours to tell us.
Three hours. I found it pretty interesting, because I didn't know about the whole story. I didn't really get the feeling that it was about a moral quandary, though. They spent maybe 15 minutes of a three hour movie talking about that. It was more of a dramatic retelling of true events for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Speaking of new movies, AMC has a new masterbation popcorn bucket for the new Dune movie. And before you ask, yes it's real.

dune2popcornbucket__1_.jpg

• Haha
Three hours. I found it pretty interesting, because I didn't know about the whole story. I didn't really get the feeling that it was about a moral quandary, though. They spent maybe 15 minutes of a three hour movie talking about that. It was more of a dramatic retelling of true events for me.
I must have slept through an hour. No boobs, bullets, only one bomb (admittedly a pretty big one) I’m pretty much a lowest common denominator guy these days

I did like the peaky binders guy though

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
I stumbled on a show called resident alien. It’s about well…an alien… who’s crashed and taken on the form of a human to try and fit in. It makes me lol. It’s like live version of family guy.

The best scene of starman is when he stays at that hotel and its full of unc fans in town for a game
And that tar heel fan knocks on their hotel room door let him know that the cops are looking for them.

I always thought that was so cool to have that little sidebar in that film for perpetuity. It was a real event.

i might be the only one left, but i just finished “the people vs oj simpson”…it’s better than i thought it would be…not sure how much of it is true other than the fact that he killed two people.

somewhere norm macdonald is making a lot of people laugh.

i might be the only one left, but i just finished “the people vs oj simpson”…it’s better than i thought it would be…not sure how much of it is true other than the fact that he killed two people.

somewhere norm macdonald is making a lot of people laugh.
Hey, that's my lucky stabbing hat!

• Haha
Reactions: gteeitup
3 body problem has me hooked, at least for season 1.
It was excellent. Caused a furor in China, partly because of some changes, but mainly (iirc) because of the unfavorable depiction of Chinese autocracy in the early years.

There's room for another season. There are 3 books in the series, but I think they sound very different, so I don't know if a 2nd or 3rd season would be based on them.

It was excellent. Caused a furor in China, partly because of some changes, but mainly (iirc) because of the unfavorable depiction of Chinese autocracy in the early years.

There's room for another season. There are 3 books in the series, but I think they sound very different, so I don't know if a 2nd or 3rd season would be based on them.
Google the story behind how it went from book to film. Some big time pettiness and greed prevented the guy who made it happen from seeing it come to fruition.

Tom Brady roast is fukn epic! I used to like these roasts back in the day of don rickles and they died off (well along with all the people) but this might be the start of a hilarious comeback. Hosted by Kevin hart with a mix of comedians and athletes.

“It must suck for your wife to leave you for a man that can beat your ass while eating hers”

Also “unfrosted” is lol worthy look at the cereal wars back in the day. During the “where are they now” credit rolls it claims Marjorie post of post cereals went on to establish a park and resort as a monument to feminism and left it to the us govt for a southern White House. She named it mar-a-lago. Hilarious. But it’s true evidently.

Tom Brady roast is fukn epic! I used to like these roasts back in the day of don rickles and they died off (well along with all the people) but this might be the start of a hilarious comeback. Hosted by Kevin hart with a mix of comedians and athletes.

“It must suck for your wife to leave you for a man that can beat your ass while eating hers”

Also “unfrosted” is lol worthy look at the cereal wars back in the day. During the “where are they now” credit rolls it claims Marjorie post of post cereals went on to establish a park and resort as a monument to feminism and left it to the us govt for a southern White House. She named it mar-a-lago. Hilarious. But it’s true evidently.
was just gonna post this…i completely respect the personnel flown in and the roastee, because my god, you never know how it will go…it is without a doubt some of the best humor ever…and nikki is phenomenal anyway, but she is not from this planet as a roaster…she slayed.

also looking forward to “unfrosted”.

eta: did you catch the bruce willis one?

" “It must suck for your wife to leave you for a man that can beat your ass whi le eating hers” "

lol, yowzers. Too bad everybody can't have skin thick enough to withstand that kind of abuse. Having don't-give-a-shit kind of money probably helps getting over it.

So have you heard of the “bechdel test”? I first heard of it a few months ago. You take a movie and see:

Are there two women with names

Do they talk to each other

Do they talk about something other than men

Now first of all…I don’t really care. Im not on a soap box about women in film but I was fascinated that any movie would fail with it being such a low bar so I started thinking and to the best of my knowledge off top of my head these big hits all fail

LOTR
Star Wars
Godfather (all)
Harry Potter 1 (didn’t see others)
American pie
Jurassic park
Jaws
Reservoir dogs
Avengers
Raiders of lost ark

If anyone can dispute these go ahead. There’s prob much more. Interesting it is.

So have you heard of the “bechdel test”? I first heard of it a few months ago. You take a movie and see:

Are there two women with names

Do they talk to each other

Do they talk about something other than men

Now first of all…I don’t really care. Im not on a soap box about women in film but I was fascinated that any movie would fail with it being such a low bar so I started thinking and to the best of my knowledge off top of my head these big hits all fail

LOTR
Star Wars
Godfather (all)
Harry Potter 1 (didn’t see others)
American pie
Jurassic park
Jaws
Reservoir dogs
Avengers
Raiders of lost ark

If anyone can dispute these go ahead. There’s prob much more. Interesting it is.
not to derail you, but I don't get it. First of all, I thought it was referring to the sauce that goes in macaroni and cheese, but I looked it up and that ain't it. It's just another avenue for women (whatever that means anymore) to piss and moan about their representation in society, in this case in fiction movies.

Here's what I don't get...if the way women are included or represented in movies is a problem for you, why don't YOU make a movie that represents women as you believe they should be represented. Why find yet more ways to bitch about what someone else is doing to suit you when no one is holding you back from doing what you think is right.

For my part, if I want to see a movie where women are properly represented, I look for the word 'nudity' in the viewing guidelines and hope it isn't the redongulous kind.

And when I say 'you', I'm not talking about YOU, heelman. I'm on a soapbox talking about all youse. And I'm expecting an answer, and right quick.

I forget, what was your question?

I missed this but I would pay good money to see anything Jeff Ross was part of, after being fortunate enough to see the following years ago, and I don't know if it can be topped. It really started the outrageous depths of depravity in roasting. There was leadup or followup that makes it even funnier (something about not F ing someone with Sandra Bernhardts pussy) but I can't find it.

This is a good story about it;

best roast joke ever

• Haha
I missed this but I would pay good money to see anything Jeff Ross was part of, after being fortunate enough to see the following years ago, and I don't know if it can be topped. It really started the outrageous depths of depravity in roasting. There was leadup or followup that makes it even funnier (something about not F ing someone with Sandra Bernhardts pussy) but I can't find it.

This is a good story about it;

best roast joke ever
Actually that’s it! “Sandra Bernhardt I wouldn’t fuk you with bea Arthur’s dick!”

I have to admit I wasn’t familiar with him until the Brady roast. He’s evidently done several of these. He was funny and brutal. He’s evidently lost a lot of weight as he was roasted for that a lot.

Last edited:
Actually that’s it! “Sandra Bernhardt I wouldn’t fuk you with bea Arthur’s dick!”

I have to admit I wasn’t familiar with him until the Brady roast. He’s evidently done several of these. He was funny and brutal. He’s evidently lost a lot of weight as he was roasted for that a lot.
not sure what you mean by 'that's it'. That's the notorious joke but the tie-in was somebody saying they wouldn't fvck so and so with Bernhardts pussy. Watching the actual roast, that made the bit way funnier.

NO wait, I just remembered....it wasn't sandra bernhardts, the other line was you wouldn't fvck so and so with Dr. Ruth's pussy.

Not a streaming thing but I went back and started binging on True Detective. I could watch Harrelson and McConahaugh (?) play off eack other forever. Amazing how much I missed the first time I saw it.

One thing I didn't miss the first time were those perfect puppies. You know the ones I mean. It was great seeing them again.

not sure what you mean by 'that's it'. That's the notorious joke but the tie-in was somebody saying they wouldn't fvck so and so with Bernhardts pussy. Watching the actual roast, that made the bit way funnier.

NO wait, I just remembered....it wasn't sandra bernhardts, the other line was you wouldn't fvck so and so with Dr. Ruth's pussy.
Lol okay got it. I misunderstood. It’s hilarious nonetheless.

Reactions: bluetoe
Not a streaming thing but I went back and started binging on True Detective. I could watch Harrelson and McConahaugh (?) play off eack other forever. Amazing how much I missed the first time I saw it.

One thing I didn't miss the first time were those perfect puppies. You know the ones I mean. It was great seeing them again.
Yes I loved that when it came out. I might revisit it as well. I do love puppies. Kitties too.

Reactions: bluetoe
Yes I loved that when it came out. I might revisit it as well. I do love puppies. Kitties too.
I didn't realize how much I missed the first time around watching it, in just trying to follow what was going on. Haven't that already clued in, rewatching it is as good as the first time for me.

I'm using Spectrum's 'on demand' feature to watch them. Went I pulled the series up, I realized I had missed an entire season somehow. So that's like an extra added attraction .

• Love
I started “outer range” with Josh brolin last night. About a rancher dealing with weird stuff.

Spoiler alert

So about 12 min in he finds a huge bottomless perfectly cut hole in a field of his. When he sticks his hand in he gets visions of future events. So he goes home…..AND TELLS NOONE. So yea I ain’t watching any more.

I started “outer range” with Josh brolin last night. About a rancher dealing with weird stuff.

Spoiler alert

So about 12 min in he finds a huge bottomless perfectly cut hole in a field of his. When he sticks his hand in he gets visions of future events. So he goes home…..AND TELLS NOONE. So yea I ain’t watching any more.
I love shows about ranchers dealing with weird stuff. Guess I won't need to see this one now. Thanks.

And I love shows about ranchers with blazing hot daughters who kick ass and take names. I missed out on Yellowstone but they had several marathons recently and I caught as much of them as I could. Great stuff.

I love shows about ranchers dealing with weird stuff. Guess I won't need to see this one now. Thanks.

And I love shows about ranchers with blazing hot daughters who kick ass and take names. I missed out on Yellowstone but they had several marathons recently and I caught as much of them as I could. Great stuff.
Have you seen “nope”. It’s about ranchers dealing with weird stuff. Very entertaining

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT