ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2016-2017

Grayhead

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2006
I figured we could keep the discussion in one thread.

Ill start by saying that Cam Newton has missed Olsen in the preseason. That last game with the pats reminded me of the old Cam somewhat. I guess better in the preseason that the regular season.. So far Ive only been able to catch 2 Panthers games and listened to the last quarter of the Vikings game. How has Denver been performing post Peyton?

Is this where we talk about Kaepernick?

I hope so.

Look, here's the deal on Kap. If he wants to sit during the National Anthem, I have no problem with that whatsoever. But he and the crying liberals also need to understand that there will be backlash. You can't make a stand against something and then cry when there's backlash. Put your big boy pants on and take the heat that you caused. If that means somebody tweeted out that they hope he tears his ACL in the next game he plays, then so be it. He brought that on himself.

But he's garbage. He won't even be in the league in another year or two.

I figured we could keep the discussion in one thread.

Ill start by saying that Cam Newton has missed Olsen in the preseason. That last game with the pats reminded me of the old Cam somewhat. I guess better in the preseason that the regular season.. So far Ive only been able to catch 2 Panthers games and listened to the last quarter of the Vikings game. How has Denver been performing post Peyton?

Cam will be fine. People overreact on the preseason. Every team holds back during the preseason and they run the most basic offense possible to not tip their hand on what they will do once the season starts. Cam won't run, which makes him one-dimensional in the preseason, as well. Take these games with less than a grain of salt IMO. Just get through without injury.

Reactions: carolinablue34
I really wasnt worried about cams running in preseason. Just that he was airing a few balls over the receivers heads. We will know what they look like in 2 weeks.

I also see romo out for 6 weeks. How long will it be before Dallas sends him packing. He seems to be hurt more than playing these days

Cautiously optimistic that the Bucs will take a small step forward this year and at least shoot for 8-8? Jameis is developing well. I just hope we've fired our team doctors and brought in new ones. Every single year we are hammered by injuries.

I hope so.

Look, here's the deal on Kap. If he wants to sit during the National Anthem, I have no problem with that whatsoever. But he and the crying liberals also need to understand that there will be backlash. You can't make a stand against something and then cry when there's backlash. Put your big boy pants on and take the heat that you caused. If that means somebody tweeted out that they hope he tears his ACL in the next game he plays, then so be it. He brought that on himself.

But he's garbage. He won't even be in the league in another year or two.
I respect their right to wish his ACL explodes.

Cautiously optimistic that the Bucs will take a small step forward this year and at least shoot for 8-8? Jameis is developing well. I just hope we've fired our team doctors and brought in new ones. Every single year we are hammered by injuries.

After living in Tampa for several years, I've always had a liking to the bucs. Naturally the panthers are my team, and it makes it hard to root for them being a division rival. But I hope they do well. I hope the qb pans out myself

any vikings fans out there???

bridgewater just went down during no contact...ambulance was called.

just reading this doc on twitter, not even lig tears require an ambulance.

Yeah it sounds bad. I hate it for Teddy because he seems like a really, really good dude. I hate to overreact, but could this be career ending...?

Are you serious? Wow... I hate hearing that, for any team / player.

Dayum . . . that just sucks. Best wishes for TB . .

I drafted Gio in my fantasy league (traded for him last year) and I think he's going to have a career year. The coaching staff is losing patience with Hill and the receiving corps lost Sanu and Jones. I expect Gio to have 1500 combined yards this year and 8 TDs.

reading the guessed report now...if he dislocated his knee, it could career threatening because of the nerves involved.

Hell yeah, love talking NFL football.

Panthers fan here. I think Cam just had an off game against the Pats, plus Olsen was out and he's an essential part of the offense. Throw in the fact that they weren't doing anything very complex, I think it's overblown. We'll be ready to face Denver and hopefully score some payback.

Really sucks to hear about Teddy Bridgewater. I like the kid a lot and I still think he's got potential to be a game changer for the Vikings. Unfortunately it's gonna be another year til we see him in action again.

Seriously that's awful. You plant your foot wrong and it snaps just like that. Completely rotten luck.

Alright, Thursday is the big rematch. Who ya got?

Panthers by 10
I do think the Panthers win, but I think it's gonna be closer, I'd say by 3. It will be interesting to see what the Broncos are like post-Peyton

Panthers win 31-14.

I don't believe this one will be close. 2016-2017 Panthers = 2009 Tar Heels.

Probably just the sports pessimist in me (better to expect mediocre and be surprised than to expect great and be let down), but I fully expect the Panthers to follow last year's exciting run with a disappointing season this year. A lot of little things went right last year that could just as easily go wrong the next time around. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Blue2010
Probably just the sports pessimist in me (better to expect mediocre and be surprised than to expect great and be let down), but I fully expect the Panthers to follow last year's exciting run with a disappointing season this year. A lot of little things went right last year that could just as easily go wrong the next time around. Hope I'm wrong.

Understand the pessimism, but what little things went right? The year they went 12-4 with Smitty and lost to SF in the playoffs -- that was the year a lot of things went right. They won a ton of close games, some b/c of luck and having a relatively healthy team.

But last year - they simply steam-rolled teams. There was nothing about last season that I felt was luck...they were dominant and anyone who says otherwise wasn't watching. The Super Bowl was an outlier and I expect this team to be flat-out PISSED this year.

I expect the Panthers to have a good season, not sure the record will be the same (but to be fair, that's not a shot, just saying they had an outstanding regular season last year), but I think they will be very good. The questions that are there for them are how big is the loss of Josh Norman going to be, and will Kelvin Benjamin be back at 100%. If Benjamin is a major contributor and they can minimize the impact of the loss of Norman, they could be back in the Super Bowl for sure.

The panthers division blows, and they got the AFC west for the cross conference scheduling, who also blow - so they have that going for them.

I expect the Panthers to have a good season, not sure the record will be the same (but to be fair, that's not a shot, just saying they had an outstanding regular season last year), but I think they will be very good. The questions that are there for them are how big is the loss of Josh Norman going to be, and will Kelvin Benjamin be back at 100%. If Benjamin is a major contributor and they can minimize the impact of the loss of Norman, they could be back in the Super Bowl for sure.

Read between the lines -- the fact that Zach Sanchez (one of the DB's they drafted) got demoted to the practice squad and also the fact that they did not sign any veteran on the free agent market (hello, Antonio Cromartie)...should tell you how high they are on Bradberry. He'll have some mistakes, but everything you hear on him is that he's the real deal.

The Panthers schedule will be tougher than last year, and I don't expect them to win as many close games as they did last year. I'm thinking 11-5, which should be enough to win the NFC South.

Not to be pessimistic but the last team to lose the SB and come back to win it the next year was the Dolphins in SB VII in 1973. Sooner or later it's time for it to happen again, but it won't be easy.

The panthers division blows, and they got the AFC west for the cross conference scheduling, who also blow - so they have that going for them.
Denver is not too shabby... LOL. Chiefs are decent and alot of so-called experts think Oakland is a sleeper this year (not sure I agree with that). And of course the Chargers always seem to underperform expectations- must be that sorry QB they have. I think the AFC West will be tougher than what they had last year in the AFC South.

Alright, Thursday is the big rematch. Who ya got?

Panthers by 10

I thought the Panthers would win big in the Super Bowl and I was horribly wrong. So I'm going more conservative this time and say they'll win by four.

I really hope this team follows up last year with another title run. They're hungry and I don't think the loss will affect them coming into this year. They won't win 15 games again, they just need to get hot at the right time.

how about some season predictions...divisions/playoff teams/sb:

nfc
cardinals
packers
panthers
cowboys
seahawks
vikings

afc
chiefs
steelers
texans