ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina vs South Carolina

Dec 24, 2003
Saw this on another site and I agree. Make this an annual game and put it Charlotte. Market this game heavy for Thursday night like 2015. Sooner or later it will garner a bit of traction across the country. Simply because when the rest of the country sees that when the Heels and Cocks square off it means college football is upon us. This could be an annual kickoff game for all of college football which could be special for us.

Eh, that's not the game I would want to see for an annual 'border" game. If we do something like that, I'd prefer TN or UGA. Better football history at those schools.

Reactions: franklin street
Eh, that's not the game I would want to see for an annual 'border" game. If we do something like that, I'd prefer TN or UGA. Better football history at those schools.

UGA vs Clemson is already a big rivalry and is more important for UGA’s recruiting footprint. I doubt they’d want to play us to kick off the season every year.

Tennesse could work though. We could also rotate between Tennessee and USuCk

UGA vs Clemson is already a big rivalry and is more important for UGA’s recruiting footprint. I doubt they’d want to play us to kick off the season every year.

Tennesse could work though. We could also rotate between Tennessee and USuCk
Yeah, I doubt we could do either on a regular basis. UGA for the reason you mentioned as well as their game against GT. TN has shown they are too puss when they cancelled scheduled games against us. One can dream though.

Reactions: uncboy10
SoCar has to play Clemson annually, and I doubt those Chickens would want a 2nd annual game versus an ACC team.

Tennessee does not want to play us Home and Home, much less play a Neutral site game in Charlotte. But the Vols should want to. Knoxville is a very long way from Memphis, and is a 3+ hour drive from Nashville. TN produces less talent than NC. The Vola need to recruit well our of state in order to become dominant in the SEC East.

UGA-UNC in Charlotte makes sense for both programs, and to get that I would agree to play UGA in Atlanta's new dome.

Those are very good for ACC football. Now we need to add to it.
Indeed. The SEC is the benchmark in college football right now. Anytime an ACC team beats any SEC team, it helps build the ACC’s football cred. And that helps in recruiting.

If SC won’t do a home and home, I’d love one with the Vols. Of course, they’ve already backed out of one series so I question their interest. They play a brutal SEC schedule and probably aren’t interested in adding an up and coming school.

I’d love a series with the Dawgs, their program is really on the rise.

Last edited:
The real goal should be a home and home with Bama. Play there in 2020, and have them to come to the hill in 21 or 22 once Mack’s rebuild is complete.

i agree 100%. some posters seem to think beating scar is a baby step, but i would see it as a huge stride if not a giant leap.

Beating USuCk to start 2019 would be a complete game changer. When a new coach starts his tenure with a surprising win it gets people talking. Especially if that coach has a national championship under his belt.

i hate scar, and i've been a devoted real carolina fan since 1965. nobody wants to win that game more than i do. but scar's lack of success in the sec is not a cause for optimism. their last few recruiting classes have ranked no lower than 18th. it will take mack a few years to stock up that kind of talent.

i hate scar, and i've been a devoted real carolina fan since 1965. nobody wants to win that game more than i do. but scar's lack of success in the sec is not a cause for optimism. their last few recruiting classes have ranked no lower than 18th. it will take mack a few years to stock up that kind of talent.

Same here. I grew up in Columbia. My hatred for that fan base cannot be overstated

A win in Charlotte means a lot more to the Tar Heels than just smack talk and recruiting. It would be awesome to crush them just to give our young team a jolt of confidence and momentum to begin the season. They are overdue to lose in the matchup and I hope they get whooped just like the deacs took it to them in the bowl game last year.

I just feel confident about this game. If the Deacs can shut them out 28-0, we certainly have the talent to beat them. I realize we’re learning new schemes offensively and defensively both but my gut days we not only beat them but do so handily. Time will tell.

BTW, I always despised USC when they were in the ACC, more so than any other conference team.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
I lived in SC for 3 years. The SoCar fan base is rather revolting, and I generally like Clemson fans.

They’re one of the worst fan bases I’ve ever seen. Zero class.

Obviously I’m biased as an alumni of clemson, but the clemson fans I’ve met are usually pretty classy. The redneck “tater” stereotype doesn’t really fit anymore.

I just feel confident about this game. If the Deacs can shut them out 28-0, we certainly have the talent to beat them. I realize we’re learning new schemes offensively and defensively both but my gut days we not only beat them but do so handily. Time will tell.

BTW, I always despised USC when they were in the ACC, more so than any other conference team.
He can be streaky, but the SCAR qb might be the second best qb we face this yr behind Trevor Lawrence. SCAR qb had 500 yards of passing in their Clemson game last yr. And SCAR has crap tons of talent at DL. They were really banged up with injuries when UVA beat them and their best WR skipped the bowl.

The QB was really bad in that bowl... so hopefully that version shows up rather than the one who lit up Clemson.

He can be streaky, but the SCAR qb might be the second best qb we face this yr behind Trevor Lawrence. SCAR qb had 500 yards of passing in their Clemson game last yr. And SCAR has crap tons of talent at DL. They were really banged up with injuries when UVA beat them and their best WR skipped the bowl.

The QB was really bad in that bowl... so hopefully that version shows up rather than the one who lit up Clemson.
I ain’t skeered and our boys aren’t either.

Reactions: shun1
scar in a nutshell: john roche spitting on dean smith and racist mvp over charlie scott , narcissistic jerks lou holtz and steve spurrious, ridiculously claiming to be "the" carolina (# of national championships is irrelevent in their idiot brains), etc etc. for a long long time scar has been a magnet for very bad and/or very stupid people.

Lol that post is the USuCk fanbase in a nutshell. Classless morons.
Ok boss whatever you say...listen we havent won a national championship or anything close to it true.We have been an average program for our entire existence ,save for a cpl of standout years, it's been a long time though since we lost to you guys and I'm afraid its not starting this year.

Ok boss whatever you say...listen we havent won a national championship or anything close to it true.We have been an average program for our entire existence ,save for a cpl of standout years, it's been a long time though since we lost to you guys and I'm afraid its not starting this year.

You’d have to beat us every year for 16 straight years just to even the series.

Last time I checked USuCk was in the top 10 in all time football losses...

Ok true that, lets go off recent past then ,many of the others, I was not even born.Yall own the series but recent past we own you.C ya in Charlotte.

Perfect-Juicy-Roast-Chicken-IMAGE-28.jpg

btw that's the only thing i like about clemson -- their beat downs on scar.

Clemson will lay down a beat-down in Cootlumbia in November for sure. But if you guys beat them on 31 August they will be like walking Zombies for much of the rest of the season and Clemson's beat-down on them will be even worse. They just absolutely believe they are much better than UNC because, well, they are the Gamecocks (Gamecoots), and they are SEC. Their 28-0 loss to UVA is ancient history I guess.

You should be

Ok true that, lets go off recent past then ,many of the others, I was not even born.Yall own the series but recent past we own you.C ya in Charlotte.

So I was planning on pointing out how NC is a valley of humility compared to SC’s mountain of conceit.

But this Traveler’s borderline-illiterate posts are more indicative of a condemned, meth lab single-wide with no indoor plumbing than a mountain of conceit.

Reactions: deandisciple
Haven’t y’all heard we don’t stand a chance against the chickens. Well, that’s all I hear from the idiots here in SC.

Clemson will lay down a beat-down in Cootlumbia in November for sure. But if you guys beat them on 31 August they will be like walking Zombies for much of the rest of the season and Clemson's beat-down on them will be even worse. They just absolutely believe they are much better than UNC because, well, they are the Gamecocks (Gamecoots), and they are SEC. Their 28-0 loss to UVA is ancient history I guess.
Cootlumbia - I like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT