ADVERTISEMENT

Numbers

Grayhead

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2006
It would take 3333 years if 300million people paid 1 million a year to repay 1 trillion dollars.
1 trillion seconds is 31,688 years. Dinosaurs still walked the earth

Is it possible to recoup that amount of money ?

It would take 3333 years if 300million people paid 1 million a year to repay 1 trillion dollars.
1 trillion seconds is 31,688 years. Dinosaurs still walked the earth

Is it possible to recoup that amount of money ?
If we have - say $30 trillion in US debt, and the US population is around 330 million US citizens (counting children) - it works out to close to $100,000 owed per man, woman, & child in America.

That is $500K for my immediate family. I assume a majority of families don't even earn $100K before taxes in a given year. Imagine if you needed to work many years solely to pay off the debt.

I know it doesn't work exactly that way, but the amount is staggering, and at some point you would think it should matter, that a day of reckoning is coming.

What would have happened if all the PPP and stimulas checks was cashed out? Currency is nothing but a digital blip. A few keystrokes and wala, we have a trillion to hand out. As you said, staggering amount of money.

Reactions: Heelicious
If we have - say $30 trillion in US debt, and the US population is around 330 million US citizens (counting children) - it works out to close to $100,000 owed per man, woman, & child in America.

That is $500K for my immediate family. I assume a majority of families don't even earn $100K before taxes in a given year. Imagine if you needed to work many years solely to pay off the debt.

I know it doesn't work exactly that way, but the amount is staggering, and at some point you would think it should matter, that a day of reckoning is coming.
We've had super high debt before without too much of a problem, but history doesn't always repeat itself. Gonna take decades to get this thing back under control. Feels like social security, medicare, healthcare are the biggest beasts that need to be tamed and nobody is doing anything about it.

Reactions: Heelicious
We've had super high debt before without too much of a problem, but history doesn't always repeat itself. Gonna take decades to get this thing back under control. Feels like social security, medicare, healthcare are the biggest beasts that need to be tamed and nobody is doing anything about it.

not true. Biden and the dims are expanding these.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT