ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UNC VS. Michigan State THREAD

With a veteran backcourt like Berry and Pinson, I am shocked that they have let this team get rattled.

It's one thing to lose but we played scared tonight. We're so worried about getting our shot blocked we can't make a wide open layup.

Guys, look at the stat line here. We can't hit a damn layup tonight, Sorry, but MSU's defense hasn't been that good. We are just off tonight. They had 20+ TO's and haven't shot it great either. We just suck offensively tonight.

I don't even really agree with the announcer that MSU's defense has been suffocating. It's been quite good yeah, but we could have 70 points easily if we had shot just decently.

Reactions: Littlejon
I really wish bill would just shut up he knows nothing about what he is talking about misses portions of the game to talk about a book he made a long game even longer

Reactions: alabamaheel
1-18 from three, 13 missed layups.

If we even go 5-18 from three (27%) and miss "only" 6 layups we get to 71 points, as that's 26 points left on the table. So not sure about suffocating defense.

1-18 from three, 13 missed layups.

If we even go 5-18 from three (27%) and miss "only" 6 layups we get to 71 points, as that's 26 points left on the table. So not sure about suffocating defense.

Yep. MSU's defense was very good. But this disaster was mostly us.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Which part is wrong? He's not viewed as an elite talent by recruiting services or NBA scouts.

You argue, just to argue , and it's really annoying. My suggestion is to stop being a pest. On to Felton, he is a 6'4 PG, so that covers your size knock. He has great court vision, and for a PG, he is plenty atheltic. Im sorry, I dont base my analysis off of draft experts, I have eyes and a brain of my own. Jalek Felton can ball with the best of them.

Absolutely terrible game for us. Nothing going in and we looked completely lost on offense. Defensively, I thought we played pretty good, certainly good enough to win had we been able to hit more shots. I think this loss comes at a good time. Still plenty of time to learn and grow from it and I guarantee we won't have that many guys suck offensively for another game this year. Big guys need to grow up fast and a game like this will help.

Gotta also give props to MSU. They are a dang good team and if you saw them after the game, you could tell they were ready to play. They almost looked like this was an NCAA tourney game. I guess the way Roy has owned them since coming to UNC, you can expect it to be big for them.

As bad as this looks, it by no means defines this team's season. Mark it down, this will be a very good season for us.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Stop praising msu's defense. This was piss poor offense not amazing defense. We basically gave them 90% of their blocks. We missed open layups over and over and over. Maye continues his bad passing decisions. Kenny Williams didn't, look to score which is what he mostly did against acc level competition last year.

The bigs have done what we have seen all year. Out of position, turning away from.the driver. Easy foul calls. We don't have any real drivers or people who can generate their own shoot. We are a very jump shooting relying team. If we are not making the jumper, we are going to lose a lot of games this year. Teams are gonna play out on the perimeter with us because we have no inside presence.

MSU played well on the defensive end and did enough offensively to beat us. We played pretty good defensively, not great as there were still
Quite a few glaring lapses on back doors and not boxing out defensively. Offensively, we ALL sucked. Kids missing wide open lay ups. Turning it over on 3 on 1 fast breaks. You name it. Just sucked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT