ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, now I'm pissed

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
Sitting here watching a replay of the game. On our first offensive series, Mike Rose tried to decapitate Marquise by leading with the helmet in a helmet-to-helmet hit. And yes, I've already forwarded this tweet to the ACC and Coaches Fedora and Heckendorf.

It's no coincidence that UNC had had its quarterback knocked out of 3 of the previous 4 games against those SOBs (2011, 2013, and 2014). And remember, later in that same drive Marquise had his helmet ripped off by a Mooer while in a heap inside the 5-yard line, which fortunately resulted in the Trubisky TD.

I need to stop watching this because I get madder every time....

Hey, that "school's" whole attitude is since they can't beat us legally, headhunt the UNC QB and see if they can knock him out. Rose should be suspended from whatever crap bowl to which they scheduled themselves. Not sure if the league has a proviso of this sort for vid proof on a dirty hit that wasn't called.

Wow. I remember this play because I noticed how MWs upper body/head snapped back. Looks so much worse when replayed like that.

Sitting here watching a replay of the game. On our first offensive series, Mike Rose tried to decapitate Marquise by leading with the helmet in a helmet-to-helmet hit. And yes, I've already forwarded this tweet to the ACC and Coaches Fedora and Heckendorf.

It's no coincidence that UNC had had its quarterback knocked out of 3 of the previous 4 games against those SOBs (2011, 2013, and 2014). And remember, later in that same drive Marquise had his helmet ripped off by a Mooer while in a heap inside the 5-yard line, which fortunately resulted in the Trubisky TD.

Yep, and it was obvious. I think it probably affected Quise play as well. He made some poor passes that he hasn't done in a long time.

With the CTE film Concussion being released on Christmas Day, these hits will one day be unacceptable and result in more than ejections.

The ACC needs to be made aware of this. That is horrible.

There was another targeting in the 3rd quarter. I believe it was a state player trying to block someone and led with his head. The fact the officials missed it just sums up officiating in the ACC. Hopefully UNC will send in the tape after they do their post game analysis. I forgot the rule, but he should be suspended for at least 1/2 the game, probably the whole game. The ACC is a joke. I remember a couple of years ago when Rashad was suspended a freaking game for bumping a Duke receiver pre snap. Lets not forget the late hit on Renner 2 years ago and the cheap shot on Switzer last year. I hate the freaking ACC and the bullcrap they let slide.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
How do you miss that call?? The stupidity and incompetence of ACC officials knows no bounds.

Reactions: Archer2
Seems like there was an instance also in first quarter after Hood broke a long run to near th goal that he was tacked around the neck

Crickets from the ACC. Where is all the outrage with the media (sarcasm). MW could have seriously been injured. They can review that after the game. Swofford continues to screw the Heels.

I read an article about the sorry state of officiating in the NFL on either ESPN or 247. The NFL has been having a large turnover in officials and their scouting system for new officials is just not working. The NFL is open to full time officials but the referee's union is fighting it. NFL officials make 175k or so for a part time job and don't want to give it up and screw the integrity of the job. The conclusion that I draw is if the NFL can't find good officials , then what chance does CFB have? Unions as always seem to diminish the quality of any product.

I watched it last night on the DVR, and that kid sho8ld have been tossed and suspended. He was looking right at Q as he approached, and then lowered his helmet and led with the crown right to Q's facemask. Ridiculous that it was ignored by the refs.

That kid should not play in their bowl.

I watched it last night on the DVR, and that kid sho8ld have been tossed and suspended. He was looking right at Q as he approached, and then lowered his helmet and led with the crown right to Q's facemask. Ridiculous that it was ignored by the refs.

That kid should not play in their bowl.
At a minimum, the league office should send the clip to all HCs and officials, saying it is perfect example of what must be called by officials and called out by coaches to make the game as safe as possible.

Doeren needs to be 'encouraged' to leave the p[layer at home for the bowl.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
...Doeren needs to be 'encouraged' to leave the p[layer at home for the bowl.
the dirtier and more dangerous the player is the better doeren likes it, at least against carolina. there's no way those cheap shots happen that often without the coach's encouragement.

It's one thing to make a bad call or miss a call and it's another entirely to miss a call that could permanently damage a player physically. The officials who were standing there should be suspended immediately. It's funny how the idiots in the ACC office jumped all over a bad call that hurt dook but wasn't a danger to any player and just ignore a dirty and vicious hit on a defense less QB.

Reactions: randman1
I didn't see that. Is there a link?
I didn't DVR the game so I'd have to go back and watch on ESPN3 to find it. It was pretty clear though. I think in the second quarter. JB ran it to the left side and got tackled but landed on a pile of bodies so wasn't down so our guys came in and tried to tackle him to get him on the ground. Brissett took exception to that and threw a punch.

I'm glad RH posted this. I hope more and more outrage grows out of this and there is restitution and some kind of disciplinary action, or national comment. That looks like something you'd see in a career-ending (life-ending) highlight reel. Reminds me of Jack Tatum and Darryl Stingley when I was a kid.

RH, pls email that video to Dennis Hennigan, Coordinator of ACC Officials. Suggestions: Ask why wasn't Rose wasn't flagged and ejected, or is this kind of dirty play OK if it's a Heel on the receiving end? Point out that in 3 of the 4 previous games vs. the Fack, our QB has been targeted and injured in game, and couldn't return. Why is that allowed by the league office? NONE of those injuries was a turned ankle, either....they were ALL vicious headhunting hits (11, 13, and 14).

I've never said or felt this way before, but to hell with it. Whatever team moo plays in a bowl, I'm gonna make it a point to contact the offensive linemen of the team they play, to "warn" them about Mike Rose's dirty play, using this hit as an example. No telling what kind of creative steps they might think of to prevent that dirty SOB from injuring their QB or RBs!

Hennigan's email, btw, is dph@ccf-law.com
He probably won't respond, but it's still a good idea for him to see that people are watching and noticing the bounty-hunting mooU is doing yearly vs. UNC. Might get a phone call to Doeren, at least, from Hennigan....wouldn't DD love to have a Heel cause him a scolding phone call!

Last edited:

Having trouble copying this to paste the video elsewhere. I know. Probably tech-challenged but any help would be appreciated. Would love to just copy the link and it show up for posting elsewhere like Tar Pit, emailing various officials and outlets.

Maybe we all need to advertise this a bit more.

Having trouble copying this to paste the video elsewhere. I know. Probably tech-challenged but any help would be appreciated. Would love to just copy the link and it show up for posting elsewhere like Tar Pit, emailing various officials and outlets.

Maybe we all need to advertise this a bit more.
It's embedded in a tweet, so it's a little difficult. If, like I suspect, @Raising Heel created the GIF himself, he could save it to an easier format like photobucket for you ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT