ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss Wins It

JimmyNaismith

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2021
Remember when NCSU fans were livid that they got snubbed from a post-season invitation to the tournament? One of their chief objections was that Ole Miss got in with a lower RPI than NCSU. Who goes on to win it all? Ole Miss, of course. Ouch!

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Remember when NCSU fans were livid that they got snubbed from a post-season invitation to the tournament? One of their chief objections was that Ole Miss got in with a lower RPI than NCSU. Who goes on to win it all? Ole Miss, of course. Ouch!
The most important point is that as in basketball, baseball has so many crappy conferences getting auto bids that most years a few teams from Major conferences who deserve the bid get shut out. It even happens in lacrosse.

If just 1 more crappy league had a halfway decent regular season champ who lost the league tourney, with both reg season and tourney champs getting in, then Ole Miss would have been sitting home.

NCSU fans thinking is that if they had gotten in instead of Ole Miss then they would have won the National Championship not Ole Miss

• Haha
The most important point is that as in basketball, baseball has so many crappy conferences getting auto bids that most years a few teams from Major conferences who deserve the bid get shut out. It even happens in lacrosse.

If just 1 more crappy league had a halfway decent regular season champ who lost the league tourney, with both reg season and tourney champs getting in, then Ole Miss would have been sitting home.
Simple solution. Be a better team and stay off the bubble.

My daughter will be attending Ole Miss in the fall as a Freshman and when we went to watch UNC in Charlotte on Friday we were talking about how Ole Miss probably wasn’t going to make it into tournament… I was watching the selection show while cleaning up our basement and was in utter amazement when I heard the Rebels announced, then realized during the interview with the selection chair that it came down pretty much to Ole Miss and NCST all I could do was laugh!!! 😂 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyNaismith
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT