ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Chain Restaurants Tourney: The Matt Harvey Region, Round of 32

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
As we all mourn the passing of THI luminary @TarHeelNation11, we must honor his memory by finishing the restaurant tournament, lest it suffer the same fate as the doomed movie tournament (not even tagging that guy anymore...he knows what he did). Voting will remain open until 11:59 pm on Thursday, July 6 due to the holiday. So without further ado, I give you:

The Matt Harvey Region Round of 32, Presented by Durex

#1 Chick-fil-A vs. #8 Dairy Queen

#5 Buffalo Wild Wings vs. #13 O'Charley's

#6 LongHorn Steakhouse vs. #3 Olive Garden

#7 Papa John's Pizza vs. #15 Dickey's Barbecue Pit

Can we just go ahead and declare Chic-fil-A the winner of this bracket and move on?

Not so fast, my friend. Dickey's has sneaky support.

Chick-fil-A - best customer service in the biz. Their workers are usually well groomed and clean. The establishments are clean. The food could suck and I'd still go there over most other fast food joints.

B-dubs - because sports.

OG - breadsticks rule the day.

Dickey's - terribly underseeded. I would have quit voting if they had lost early.

Easy matchups for me. I was solid with all my choices.

Not so fast, my friend. Dickey's has sneaky support.

Chick-fil-A - best customer service in the biz. Their workers are usually well groomed and clean. The establishments are clean. The food could suck and I'd still go there over most other fast food joints.

B-dubs - because sports.

OG - breadsticks rule the day.

Dickey's - terribly underseeded. I would have quit voting if they had lost early.

Easy matchups for me. I was solid with all my choices.
Like.

I concur...

CFA
B-dubs
Olive Garden
Dickeys

#1 Chick-fil-A

#5 Buffalo Wild Wings

#3 Olive Garden

#7 Papa John's Pizza

Chick-Fil-A Easy choice
BW-3's Beer and Sports
Longhorn Steak
Dickeys Popular Choice

#1 Chick-fil-A -I like blizzards. I like Chick-fil-A more though. Their food is great and their milkshakes are excellent.

#5 Buffalo Wild Wings-I would have voted O'Charley's several years ago. Since they changed things up they aren't as good though.

#3 Olive Garden-Not in love with either but will go with Olive Garden.

#7 Papa John's Pizza-Still haven't been to Dickey's yet. I lo e Papa John's pizza though. Best take out pizza out there IMO.

Also, what happened to THN11? I've been kind of busy lately?

Chick Fil A - solid chicken and not a fan of DQ
Wild wings - beer and sports is a winning combo, never heard of OCharleys before this contest
Olive Garden - endless breadsticks for the win
Dickeys - they're not partially owned by and sponsor Peyton Manning

Chick-fil-A

O'Charley's (only because BWW is the worst wing sports bar out there! Place sucks.)

LongHorn Steakhouse

Papa John's Pizza (Don't have a Dickeys here and don't really care to go. BBQ is not all that.)

#1 Chick-fil-A vs. #8 Dairy Queen
What's not to like about CFA? I can get a solid breakfast, lunch, or dinner there. DQ lost me once I found out they no longer offer char-grilled burgers.

#5 Buffalo Wild Wings vs. #13 O'Charley's
I'm reluctantly voting for BWW even though I know it puts my life in danger.

#6 LongHorn Steakhouse vs. #3 Olive Garden
Olive Garden may be fake Italian, but it's pretty hard to screw up Italian. A steak, on the other hand....

#7 Papa John's Pizza vs. #15 Dickey's Barbecue Pit
I've never eaten at Dickey's so PJ's gets the nod here. I have a feeling neither will advance past the next round anyway.

I've had BBQ in SC, NC, GA, TX, TN and while it's ok I just don't get all the fuss about BBQ. It makes me lazy and too full. My preference would be vinegar based though.
Lazy people eat pork. And vinegar base is by far the best.

Reactions: BillyL
Thank goodness we had an odd number of voters, because the last contest of the day went down to the wire. The number of votes for each restaurant appear in parentheses after their names below.

The Matt Harvey Region, Presented by Durex

#1 Chick-fil-A (13) vs. #8 Dairy Queen (0)
-- The worst massacre in tournament history*. Dairy Queen didn't come onto the court. They didn't make it out of the locker room. They didn't even get off the bus, opting to take the L and go straight home.

#5 Buffalo Wild Wings (11) vs. #13 O'Charley's (2)
-- After pulling an upset in a favorable opening round matchup, O'Charley's just didn't have enough flavor to advance any further. B-Dub's decisive win sets up a fried chicken showdown in the Sweet 16.

#6 LongHorn Steakhouse (4) vs. #3 Olive Garden (9)
-- Olive Garden jumped out to an early lead and never looked back. The chain Italian eatery has put in a business-like performance so far in the tournament and appears to be on a collision course with the region's powerhouse, Chick-fil-A.

#7 Papa John's Pizza (6) vs. #15 Dickey's Barbecue Pit (7)
-- Down goes Papa! Down goes Papa! Google searches for Dickey's Barbecue Pit have spiked since the beginning of the tournament, as onlookers who have never heard of this establishment try to learn more about the plucky underdog. Dickey's is headed to its first Sweet 16 in tournament history* and has busted brackets everywhere.

* This is the first chain restaurant tournament in history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT