ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Rock Band Tournament Final Four

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
It’s time for the final four! Your vote will determine who moves on to the championship game and which bands go home. I’ll give a brief summary of the matchups and my picks in a spoiler warning. You have until midnight on Saturday to place your vote. Here we go.

1 Led Zeppelin vs 2 Metallica

Legendary guitarists are featured in this matchup. Kirk Hammett vs Jimmy Page. Hammett has said that Zeppelin was a huge influence on him growing up and Jimmy Page would later join Metallica on stage during a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performance of “Train Kept-A-Rollin.”

Zeppelin is an iconic band and one of the best of all time, but I’m going with Metallica on this one. They had a huge impact on changing what I listened to in my youth. Because of them I started to listen to more heavy metal and punk rock music as well as more classic rock including Zeppelin.

1 Beatles vs 1 David Bowie

Two iconic singers face off in this battle. Bowie and John Lennon were good friends and that friendship carried over into the studio. Bowie and Lennon co-wrote “Fame” which would go on to be Bowie’s first #1 single. Lennon can also be heard singing on the song.

These are two of the best, but once again the Beatles influence on music is going to sway my vote to them.

This final four certainly didn't disappoint in being disappointing.

Zeppelin
Beatles*

*was going to be another write-in for RHCP, but now I'm determined to not let someone I had never heard of before this contest win the damn thing.

Reactions: toophly1124
This final four certainly didn't disappoint in being disappointing.

Zeppelin
Beatles*

*was going to be another write-in for RHCP, but now I'm determined to not let someone I had never heard of before this contest win the damn thing.
It's four of the biggest names in rock and roll. Who did you want? Creed vs Nickelback?

Reactions: TarHeelMark
It's four of the biggest names in rock and roll. Who did you want? Creed vs Nickelback?

Creed vs. Nickelback would have been nice.

I didn't even know David Bowie was a name in rock and roll nevermind being one of the biggest.

Other than that though, it's decent. Zeppelin is good. The Beatles were obviously going to be here given the influence and all that even if the music itself wasn't good enough to get them here. Metallica, meh - definitely the best of that region but I think metal would have gotten rolled if they didn't have their own region.

Just to be clear this is nothing against you, I think the tournament has been run great.

Reactions: tarheel0910
dickeysbbqpit.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT