ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Biggest disgrace to ever be elected, by FAR! Makes Nixon look like a Saint.

kDVDec5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
It wasnt all butterflies and rainbows though with grandma. She didn’t tolerate any foolishness from us kids. No running in the house, no tv, no slamming the screen door, no eating except at meal time so stay the fuk out of the refrigerator. My mom and her sisters were not allowed to wear make up or fingernail polish and dresses had to cover their ankles. She would leave stripes with the switch on the back of my legs and she had no problem smacking you in the face with her open hand if you sassed back, and she was racist af. A hard complicated woman. My mom started dating my future step father and he wanted to watch the first Super Bowl but grandma wasn’t having none of that. (No tv or radio on Sunday) He took me to downtown rainesville and we stood on the sidewalk and watched the game on a color tv in the store window. Local Alabama alum and hero Bart Starr was the qb of the packers and that’s when I became a fan for life.

The old man was covered in tattoos and scars
He got some in prison and others in bars
The rest he got working on old junk cars
In the daytime

• Love
Reactions: heelmanwilm
The reason for the phrasing you're trying to pick on is a perfect example of how I compare to you in matters of truthfulness and honesty.. I say 'as I believe' simply because the truth lies inside Trump's head, and I have no access to that. I base my opinion on what I DO see In other words, I'm being honest. You, on the other hand, and as per usual, try to find ways to mischaracterize and distort so you can claim a puny and false victory over those who routinely see right through you..
d63507e1c071c5175a4dac7f7abdee8f_w200.webp

That isn't a crime or even any sort of malfeasance; it's asking for a perceived mistake to be corrected. Was the perception correct? Maybe, maybe not...but misperceptions aren't a crime, or at least they didn't used to be.
Just as a thought experiment, let's assume the GA election outcome really was "a mistake." Is that how you go about investigating and fixing the mistake?

Suppose, for example, Hillary called up Dem officials in Michigan in 2016 and asked them to find her 10,805 votes. How legit would you have thought that was? And she wouldn't even have been calling with the authority of the office of the president behind her words.

Let's also keep in mind that the GA call was just one of many ways Trump and his agents tried to overturn the election.

It wasnt all butterflies and rainbows though with grandma. She didn’t tolerate any foolishness from us kids. No running in the house, no tv, no slamming the screen door, no eating except at meal time so stay the fuk out of the refrigerator. My mom and her sisters were not allowed to wear make up or fingernail polish and dresses had to cover their ankles. She would leave stripes with the switch on the back of my legs and she had no problem smacking you in the face with her open hand if you sassed back, and she was racist af. A hard complicated woman. My mom started dating my future step father and he wanted to watch the first Super Bowl but grandma wasn’t having none of that. (No tv or radio on Sunday) He took me to downtown rainesville and we stood on the sidewalk and watched the game on a color tv in the store window. Local Alabama alum and hero Bart Starr was the qb of the packers and that’s when I became a fan for life.
We need more Mamas and Grandmas like that now, minus the racist part. If we did we probably wouldn't have so many worthless young people running around.

Just as a thought experiment, let's assume the GA election outcome really was "a mistake." Is that how you go about investigating and fixing the mistake?

Suppose, for example, Hillary called up Dem officials in Michigan in 2016 and asked them to find her 10,805 votes. How legit would you have thought that was? And she wouldn't even have been calling with the authority of the office of the president behind her words.

Let's also keep in mind that the GA call was just one of many ways Trump and his agents tried to overturn the election.
Or she could have paid to have a fake Russian dossier on Trump and the FBI investigate him to throw the election.

Article from The Federalist based on a poll written by folks at Heartland Institute.

There's a reason not to bother reading much of it.

The Federalist​

The Federalist - Right Bias - Questionable - Conservative - Not Credible or Reliable
Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

Heartland Institute​

Heartland Institute - Questionable Source - Right Bias - Propaganda - Fake News - Not credible
Factual Reporting: Low - Not Credible - Not Reliable - Fake News - Bias

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

Rather than address the actual questions and replies to the survey, you chose to attack the source. . . . hmmmm . . . . . guess you missed the very first words of my post . . . . .

Many won't bother to read this due to subject and source
Thanks for proving my point as well as getting high marks for the commitment to partisanship.

OMG. People know you aren't supposed to fill-in other people's ballots, the world knows you aren't supposed to forge signatures. And the rules around residency *might* be tricky if someone has multiple houses across multiple states, but that is a tiny fraction of people.

So the above premise is fun in theory, but dumb.
Despite everyone knowing, it still happened. Which is kind of the point. Everyone knows this is bad form and you aren't supposed to do it. Yet, it's done. And this goes both directions. What I didn't read in the article (or suggest in my post) is that the D's used it to cheat Orange out of the election. For all I know, it could have been a statistical wash and as many R's did it as D's having absolutely no actual impact on things. But it doesn't matter. The point is, why have a system in place that "people know" and the "world knows" and they still do it? This is just one of the problems with mail in beyond absentee scenarios.

As far as residency rules being "tricky", again, why have a system in place that challenges people with tricky rules they don't understand or can't apply? This is an illustration of the issue when states are slow or refuse to clean up their voting registration lists.

I keep harping on this stuff because it matters. Everyone wants to always take this as merely being a Trump apology, but election integrity is universal. If things aren't done with absolute fairness and proper procedure, all candidates can suffer the consequences. It's third world stuff and next thing you know, you have the sitting government leaders who, rather than focusing on governing, use the system against their political opponents to simply win the next "election" so they can stay in power. . . . . oh wait

The time it took you to find that emoji was more than the article took for someone who can read. It's just sad that you don't actually care beyond the tds. You do understand that manipulation and cheating could in theory be used against your candidate of choice, don't you? This stuff does actually matter.
That's not an emoji. Are you new to the Internet?
If possible, take a moment and try to earnestly think about what you posted. Your takeaway from that exchange is that I used the wrong word to describe the categorization of your image rather than the actual content of the question asked of you? Be careful not to swim anywhere except bathtubs or the blue plastic kiddie pools, and even then, you better have adult supervision or the depth might get you.

The point is, why have a system in place that "people know" and the "world knows" and they still do it? This is just one of the problems with mail in beyond absentee scenarios.
YES, some people intentionally commit fraud. Most are caught, some aren't. And some people probably accidentally file in the wrong state, most are rejected, though a small amount aren't.
This is an illustration of the issue when states are slow or refuse to clean up their voting registration lists.
YES, this is why ERIC should be strengthened, not weakened , to catch more of the 'bad' votes. In my opinion we should just have a single voter roll for federal elections, separate from state elections.
If things aren't done with absolute fairness and proper procedure, all candidates can suffer the consequences.
YES, I agree with your points that the system isn't perfect, and this hurts tight races. It could easily be improved (for a relatively small cost IMO).
It's third world stuff
NO!.... you lost me. You are overblowing the problem, maybe cuz you read federalist articles about heartland/Rassmussen polls which claim 17% of all voters mailed-in to the wrong state, which is bogus given the actual % of voters who move states and actual % of people who use mail-in.

Last edited:
I don’t even know where to start with mine. We had peach trees, apple trees and pecan trees so fresh pies and cobbler’ were common. There were lots of chickens and she used to cut them up and roll them and crushed up corn flakes and bake them in the oven. It was so tender. We also had a Concorde grape vine, and she made fresh grape juice in the pressure cooker that was absolutely amazing, she had a huge garden that all of us had to work in and she would can vegetable soup to get us through the winter That was delicious. I remember fried okra, Polk salad, pole beans, fried green tomatoes….There was no AC and those miserable hot summer nights we would make hand turned ice cream with fresh peaches to cool off. Her specialty though that I didn’t appreciate until I was older was her coffee cake that she made fresh at least every other day it was a sweet bread with dates as a filling. a nice hot fresh piece with fresh churned butter, and whole unhomoganized milk from the cows….oh yea. She worked her ass off obviously, but she took Sundays off. She played the organ at the Baptist Church, and when she got home, she would take a nap on the couch and pity the fool that woke grandma up from her nap.
This felt like I was flipping through an old family photo album with the memories you conjured up. And that includes your second, continued post about her. The racist reference is a true and sad part of things. Don't know how my parents even tried to escape it, but they were far different from the generations that came before them and the things demonstrated and taught to me and my brothers were a stark departure. There were times when I literally wondered how I could actually be related to some of my cousins.

But you made me chuckle about something completely inconsequential. "No slamming the screen door". I literally had a conversation with my son this weekend about them because we've had an early May heat wave here. I was telling a story about that actual thing (those springs virtually guaranteed it would slam if you didn't shut it properly) and he kept "correcting" me. Every time I would say screen door, he'd interject the words storm door. I finally stopped and went through the whole concept that we lived in a time when people didn't universally have AC, particularly whole house AC. As such, screen doors were a standard thing. It's funny the little things that can tickle your memory bone.

Everyone wants to always take this as merely being a Trump apology, but election integrity is universal.
Except for that sore loser Donald Trump who attempted to steal the 2020 election. Is that what you're saying, that his integrity is a lost cause?

YES, some people intentionally commit fraud. Most are caught, some aren't. And some people probably accidentally file in the wrong state, most are rejected, though a small amount aren't.

YES, this is why ERIC should be strengthened, not weakened , to catch more of the 'bad' votes. In my opinion we should just have a single voter roll for federal elections, separate from state elections.

YES, I agree with your points that the system isn't perfect, and this hurts tight races. It could easily be improved (for a relatively small cost IMO).

NO!.... you lost me. You are overblowing the problem, maybe cuz you read federalist articles about heartland/Rassmussen polls which claim 17% of all voters mailed-in to the wrong state, which is bogus given the actual % of voters who move states and actual % of people who use mail-in.
Well, if you don't have a system that easily allows fraud, you can't have it happen whether it's intentional or not. Bottom line, voting is our most important civic duty and privilege. It's not that big of a deal to show up at a polling place and cast your vote - particularly with the advent of extended voting days. If you can't be bothered to make even such minimal effort, that's your problem. Mail-in voting is a solution that is in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

With all due respect, involving the federal government is rarely the solution to anything or any problem (I know you universally think that's the answer to every question). I have no faith whatsoever that they could administer a national voter roll any better than they do everything else. Many states and locals are likely doing a great job. You want it screwed up, bring in the feds to "fix" it.

It's fair that you question the numbers of the polling. We all do given any particular scenario. But I have always understood Rasmussen to be pretty fair. Even WWJD's vaunted rating system considers them merely right of center. Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the results.

Reactions: Archer2

I didn't read past the first paragraph. I guess you have a convenient memory of Trump's efforts to obtain an honest recount and the doors that were slammed in his face. What I want to know isn't what I would have done, but what is criminal or even so objectionable about what I outlined, other than him not realizing/accepting that it was a lost cause.

This felt like I was flipping through an old family photo album with the memories you conjured up. And that includes your second, continued post about her. The racist reference is a true and sad part of things. Don't know how my parents even tried to escape it, but they were far different from the generations that came before them and the things demonstrated and taught to me and my brothers were a stark departure. There were times when I literally wondered how I could actually be related to some of my cousins.

But you made me chuckle about something completely inconsequential. "No slamming the screen door". I literally had a conversation with my son this weekend about them because we've had an early May heat wave here. I was telling a story about that actual thing (those springs virtually guaranteed it would slam if you didn't shut it properly) and he kept "correcting" me. Every time I would say screen door, he'd interject the words storm door. I finally stopped and went through the whole concept that we lived in a time when people didn't universally have AC, particularly whole house AC. As such, screen doors were a standard thing. It's funny the little things that can tickle your memory bone.
Yea that spring was wound tight and if you made no effort to slow the door it sounded like a gunshot when it slammed. If you ran through it and pushed it hard you would get the double slam from it bouncing off the door frame. That was a guaranteed tongue lashing.

• Haha
Reactions: pooponduke
Except for that sore loser Donald Trump who attempted to steal the 2020 election. Is that what you're saying, that his integrity is a lost cause?
You consistently reveal your myopic focus and inability to see anything except your hatred for The Donald. It must be difficult to get out of bed with the fear of this November.

Even your last post with Howard Stern that you found particularly enlightening illustrates the complete fog under which you operate. What the bad, bad man said was “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.” The operative verb here is the word "FIND". Stern changes that to use "fake" and "fix". Those are very, very different things. I'll link Webster's definition of the word at the end for you to learn what the word find actually means. But here's some hints, you won't "find" the words or synonyms such as fake, fix, create, manufacture, conjure, makeup, falsify, etc.

I ain’t crazy about voter id but if it was packaged with these other changes I would support it.
what makes me SMDH is opposition to voter ID while claiming the right to vote being sacrosanct, the most important right we have. What bullshit. If it's such a sacred institution, why is it such an undue burden to keep it that way with a few easily fulfilled requirements? Requirements and steps that help keep things on the up and up are applied to every other institution we have, and for the same reason...but it should be even more so, if the reverence for voting is so sincere.

what makes me SMDH is opposition to voter ID while claiming the right to vote being sacrosanct, the most important right we have. What bullshit. If it's such a sacred institution, why is it such an undue burden to keep it that way with a few easily fulfilled requirements? Requirements and steps that help keep things on the up and up are applied to every other institution we have, and for the same reason...but it should be even more so, if the reverence for voting is so sincere.
Because there’s already enough easily fulfilled requirements with registering and so on imo to prevent enough fraud to sway an election. And yes constitutional rights are sacred. So sacred you shouldn’t have to carry papers to exercise them. And yes that includes gun ownership. But like I said I’m open to it in the right circumstances.

You can't do anything without ID. Bank account, buy cigarettes, buy alcohol, rent a home/appliance, cash a check, the list goes on and on. ID is not a problem, only an excuse for the left.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
It's not just that, it's one of the most base insults to those without ID every time they trot it out as somehow "ist" in some respect. Everyone is capable of getting an ID if they make virtually any effort to do so. If it's a financial burden to afford one, there are easy solutions. Raise everyone's driver's license renewal by 10 bucks to pay for it and give out the ID's for free to everyone who doesn't have a DL. You've got to have an ID for virtually everything except for things like voting or walking across our border into our country. Makes one wonder what the real agenda is here.

Last edited:
Because there’s already enough easily fulfilled requirements with registering and so on imo to prevent enough fraud to sway an election. And yes constitutional rights are sacred. So sacred you shouldn’t have to carry papers to exercise them. And yes that includes gun ownership. But like I said I’m open to it in the right circumstances.
Gun ownership requires much more than having a DL. What's worse are the permits required to carry. And they must be on you at all times. This all goes back to the actual goal of those in charge. It's the Golden Rule: those with the gold make the rules.

The operative verb here is the word "FIND". Stern changes that to use "fake" and "fix". Those are very, very different things. I'll link Webster's definition of the word at the end for you to learn what the word find actually means.
Be as condescending as you like but I still find your tenacious belief that Trump did nothing wrong rather amusing. Aside from the empirical meaning of the word, there is also the insinuation of "finding" something that doesn't even exist, which in this case can be interpreted as creating, falsifying, distorting, embellishing, skewing, etc., the legitimate election results.

another thing that makes me SMDH is someone claiming there was no question regarding the integrity of the last election.

If one of the requirements was providing a DNA sample to verify what was on file from when one registered, I might see the objection. But it's pulling out an ID and showing it to the people checking you in. It's requiring you to actually go to a polling place and maybe stand in line a bit. As a matter of fact, consider that last thing. People have never complained in wholesale fashion about having to stand in line as being a deterrent to exercising their sacred right. Maybe your pockets are tighter than mine, but standing in line for me is much more troublesome than showing an ID, and neither action violates my sense of honoring a right. In fact, they do exactly the opposite.

But you're saying that voting is such a sacred thing that pulling an ID out of your pocket undermines your dreamland notion of righteousness? C'mon dude, all that crap is fairy dust. This is the real world and we should strive to keep it that way.

Reactions: Archer2
Be as condescending as you like but I still find your tenacious belief that Trump did nothing wrong rather amusing. Aside from the empirical meaning of the word, there is also the insinuation of "finding" something that doesn't even exist, which in this case can be interpreted as creating, falsifying, distorting, embellishing, skewing, etc., the legitimate election results.
you just hit the nail on the head..I quote; "Aside from the empirical meaning of the word, there is also the insinuation of "finding" something that doesn't even exist, which in this case can be interpreted as creating, falsifying, distorting, embellishing, skewing, etc., the legitimate election results.

Exactly what I keep saying. You can assign criminality to asking for a glass of water if you are so inclined. But you can also assume innocence if you see no clear indication to the contrary, and that is a sacred principle of our system of justice and actually the fabric of our culture/society.. Trump is being condemned by his detractors on the basis of insinuation and what he MIGHT have meant, and the latter in spite of words indicating otherwise. I am not going into a rabbit hole to find anything at this point, but I remember from way back then that he had mentioned miscounted votes as what he was trying to obtain.

Reactions: nctransplant
It's not just that, it's one of the most base insults to those without ID every time they trot it out as somehow "ist" in some respect. Everyone is capable of getting an ID if they make virtually any effort to do so. If it's a financial burden to afford one, there are easy solutions. Raise everyone's driver's license renewal by 10 bucks to pay for it and give out the ID's for free to everyone who doesn't have a DL. You've got to have an ID for virtually everything except for things like voting or walking across our border into our country. Makes one wonder what the real agenda is here.
I don't wonder and neither do you.

another thing that makes me SMDH is someone claiming there was no question regarding the integrity of the last election.

If one of the requirements was providing a DNA sample to verify what was on file from when one registered, I might see the objection. But it's pulling out an ID and showing it to the people checking you in. It's requiring you to actually go to a polling place and maybe stand in line a bit. As a matter of fact, consider that last thing. People have never complained in wholesale fashion about having to stand in line as being a deterrent to exercising their sacred right. Maybe your pockets are tighter than mine, but standing in line for me is much more troublesome than showing an ID, and neither action violates my sense of honoring a right. In fact, they do exactly the opposite.

But you're saying that voting is such a sacred thing that pulling an ID out of your pocket undermines your dreamland notion of righteousness? C'mon dude, all that crap is fairy dust. This is the real world and we should strive to keep it that way.
Dad used to say locks are for keeping honest people out. In other words someone with ill intent ain’t gonna be stopped by a lock and not by voter id. It’s fairy dust mixed with crystal meth if you believe so. And there is no question biden won the last election. If you want to name the at least three additional states trump actually won then let’s hear it along with the proof. Otherwise you can sydh til it falls off for all I care. I’m just showing a willingness to compromise and find common ground for the overall good. I know that’s crazy talk to you partisan sheep but that’s on you.

you just hit the nail on the head..I quote; "Aside from the empirical meaning of the word, there is also the insinuation of "finding" something that doesn't even exist, which in this case can be interpreted as creating, falsifying, distorting, embellishing, skewing, etc., the legitimate election results.

Exactly what I keep saying. You can assign criminality to asking for a glass of water if you are so inclined. But you can also assume innocence if you see no clear indication to the contrary, and that is a sacred principle of our system of justice and actually the fabric of our culture/society.. Trump is being condemned by his detractors on the basis of insinuation and what he MIGHT have meant, and the latter in spite of words indicating otherwise. I am not going into a rabbit hole to find anything at this point, but I remember from way back then that he had mentioned miscounted votes as what he was trying to obtain.
We're talking about Trump here. HE is the one who knew there were no legitimate votes to "find." HE is the one who insinuated to Brad Raffensperger that additional votes could be fabricated in his favor in order to change the election results in Georgia.

Gun ownership requires much more than having a DL. What's worse are the permits required to carry. And they must be on you at all times. This all goes back to the actual goal of those in charge. It's the Golden Rule: those with the gold make the rules.
Yea it’s bullshit. “Shall not be infringed” is pretty clear to me. Owing a gun, expressing your opinion, worshipping your god, and voting are all things you should be able to do without being subjected to picture I’d requirements. Imo.

We're talking about Trump here. HE is the one who knew there were no legitimate votes to "find." HE is the one who insinuated to Brad Raffensperger that additional votes could be fabricated in his favor in order to change the election results in Georgia.
You have to give DJT credit for knowing the grey areas. Roy Cohn taught him well. Everyone knows what he was trying to do. But, he used juuuust the right kind of language that keeps him safe from the real consequences- like jail. And, when you can escape that, you give all of those who support you the same cover. Then it's just a pissing match and people ignoring any kind of integrity so they can "win" something.

Reactions: Heels Noir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT