ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I say 'as I believe' simply because the truth lies inside Trump's head, and I have no access to that.
He didn't need more than what he was asking to be found. Therefor he stated that that number of votes was what he needed to be found.
So which is it? Are you privy to Trump's thoughts and motives or not? You're kind of all over the place.

Most sane people in America believe we're headed in the wrong direction.

Were they say anything different a decade ago? Americans have been fed up with Congress and politicians for a long time.

The interesting thing to me is:
Americans trust Republicans to do a better job handling the economy over Democrats 35%-25%, and, on inflation, they trust Republicans to do a better job 35%-21%.

Why? Historically economy has done well under Dems, and inflation-aside it is doing well now, especially in relation to the world. WTF is Trump going to do regarding inflation? See: aggressive tariff hikes, tax cuts and cheap money policy, all of which analysts say could threaten to reheat inflation.

I've already laid out how anyone could easily get a free ID if they made virtually any effort whatsoever. Who is disenfranchised?
Did you see the list above of 3 or 4 things? Those things are correlated with elderly and minority populations. So those are the people who would be voter-supressed unless things were fixed.

Were they say anything different a decade ago? Americans have been fed up with Congress and politicians for a long time.

Americans trust Republicans to do a better job handling the economy over Democrats 35%-25%, and, on inflation, they trust Republicans to do a better job 35%-21%.

Why? Historically economy has done well under Dems, and inflation-aside it is doing well now, especially in relation to the world. WTF is Trump going to do regarding inflation? See: aggressive tariff hikes, tax cuts and cheap money policy, all of which analysts say could threaten to reheat inflation.
When was it EVER going in the "right direction" by the "vast majority?" The next time ALL people are happy with everything will be the first time.

So which is it? Are you privy to Trump's thoughts and motives or not? You're kind of all over the place.
no, you're just saying I'm all over the place. That he didn't need more than he asked for isn't a matter of what was in his mind, it's common sense...which you have little if any of. If he needed more than what he asked for, he might as well have not bothered to ask for any at all. I know this is taxing for you, so take your time, maybe run it by some of the other third-graders and maybe they can help you understand.

And what he stated is what he stated. You see, once something is stated, it no longer resides only in the mind. It's 'out there'', but in a different way than @strummingram is out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
I can agree with that. Politics was created by civilization, and it does more to harm civilization than anything else... other than organized religion.
I guess you prefer anarchy, and the perfect world you think would result. LOL, you fvking belong in that rabbit hole with Tweedledee and Tweedledumber.

Politics is just the natural evolution of tribal structure, which is something we inherited from our simian ancestors. Like it or not, politics is what we must have even in an autocratic leadership, let alone as in a freer country. Accept it and try to make it better every chance you get.

I guess you prefer anarchy, and the perfect world you think would result. LOL, you fvking belong in that rabbit hole with Tweedledee and Tweedledumber.

Politics is just the natural evolution of tribal structure, which is something we inherited from our simian ancestors. Like it or not, politics is what we must have even in an autocratic leadership, let alone as in a freer country. Accept it and try to make it better every chance you get.
You guess? That's the best summation you've made so far! Congratulations.

. If it was correctly and fairly moderated I would watch. If it’s more of that bullshyt like last time with them interrupting each other and ignoring the rules then no.
I want to see specific questions regarding the key issues. "What would you propose doing to secure the border and fix our immigration system? What do you think should be done to decrease inflation and reduce the cost of living? What should be done to hold China responsible for expediting the flow of Fentanyl into our country? What do you think should be done to reduce the wave of crime that is sweeping over America?" Etc...
what makes me SMDH is opposition to voter ID while claiming the right to vote being sacrosanct, the most important right we have. What bullshit. If it's such a sacred institution, why is it such an undue burden to keep it that way with a few easily fulfilled requirements? Requirements and steps that help keep things on the up and up are applied to every other institution we have, and for the same reason...but it should be even more so, if the reverence for voting is so sincere.
Every country in Europe but one requires a voter ID. Many have laws limiting absentee voting to a very small percentage of cases. They're a melting pot and you don't hear people crying "disenfranchisement" because they need an ID and have to make the effort to vote in person. It greatly lessens the possibility of cheating and that is something everyone should desire. Right?

I won't bother substantiating this. so I'll just say my belief is that dems take a decent economy and run it into the ground, where it's turned over to republicans to dig up and fix...and when it's fixed, complacency takes over again and control is handed back to the dems because of social naivete. Social agendas run the economy into the ground again, and...lather, rinse, repeat.

I know it isn't that simple and I know that there are valid arguments challenging this but I do believe there is that underlying pattern. Prove me wrong.

I want to see specific questions regarding the key issues. "What would you propose doing to secure the border and fix our immigration system? What do you think should be done to decrease inflation and reduce the cost of living? What should be done to hold China responsible for expediting the flow of Fentanyl into our country. What do you think should be done to reduce the wave of crime that is sweeping over America?" Etc...

Every country in Europe but one requires a voter ID. Many have laws limiting absentee voting to a very small percentage of cases. They're a melting pot and you don't hear people crying "disenfranchisement" because they need an ID and have to make the effort to vote in person. It greatly lessens the possibility of cheating and that is something everyone should desire. Right?

zackly.

And I was going to comment earlier that absentee ballots should be allowed only where they are necessary. That includes more than just the military though, the truly infirm should have a reasonable path as well. Some other instances that don't come to mind, but I have said all along that if you're too sorry to get your ass up off the sofa and go vote, it's YOU who are denying yourself of your right. That being said, I am also in favor of a voting period and not just a day...as long as voters actually show up with their valid credentials.

zackly.

And I was going to comment earlier that absentee ballots should be allowed only where they are necessary. That includes more than just the military though, the truly infirm should have a reasonable path as well. Some other instances that don't come to mind, but I have said all along that if you're too sorry to get your ass up off the sofa and go vote, it's YOU who are denying yourself of your right. That being said, I am also in favor of a voting period and not just a day...as long as voters actually show up with their valid credentials.
Begin voting on Saturday. Vote Sunday and Monday with Monday being a holiday.

The vast majority of nonvoters do not vote because they don’t care. The nonvoters that don’t vote because it’s difficult for them is minuscule. This idea that people are being suppressed is laughable and nothing more than democrat propaganda so they can bus them in and incentivize them to vote the way they want them to. Looks like a bunch of you morons are buying that.

Well... she DID concede the election and participated in the peaceful transfer of power. Donald Trump has never done that. He never will do that. Hillary didn't leave well enough alone. But, she did concede and told Donald she lost and congratulated him on his win. Trump will NEVER do that. And, if you're behind him you'll follow his lead. And... you do.
so your huge beef is that Trump has never conceded? He didn't exhibit good sportsmanship? Well, boo hoo then. I thought we were discussing criminality.

I have said over and over that he should have just let it go, but at the same time I'm not bothered by him trying to get things right. I wouldn't have been bothered by Hillary doing so either, but you can believe I would have been calling sour grapes on her dumb ass. But sour grapes isn't criminal and I wouldn't try to make it seem to be.

He just wasn't capable of bailing as fast as the water was coming in and he should have seen that and abandoned ship. But just because he didn't see that doesn't make him a criminal.

Begin voting on Saturday. Vote Sunday and Monday with Monday being a holiday.
I would actually go a full week or even a little more. Hell, it wouldn't bother me if the polls were open for six months as long as the voters were properly credentialed. As a matter of fact, that might actually lend to legitimacy, depending on how it was structured.

I scoff at the notion that conservatives want to restrict voting rights. With the possible exception of some fringe right-wingers, I don't believe the the left is AS concerned with the right to vote and vote legitimately.

so your huge beef is that Trump has never conceded? He didn't exhibit good sportsmanship? Well, boo hoo then. I thought we were discussing criminality.

I have said over and over that he should have just let it go, but at the same time I'm not bothered by him trying to get things right. I wouldn't have been bothered by Hillary doing so either, but you can believe I would have been calling sour grapes on her dumb ass. But sour grapes isn't criminal and I wouldn't try to make it seem to be.

He just wasn't capable of bailing as fast as the water was coming in and he should have seen that and abandoned ship. But just because he didn't see that doesn't make him a criminal.
I said...many times... he KNOWS where the grey areas are regarding criminality. But, criminal is also a subjective reference. Will he go to jail? Hell no. Is he compromising the faith and trust Americans have in their elective process? Abso-fvcking-lutely. He doesn't "let it go." That's the problem. He does the opposite. He incessantly insists it was "stolen." It wasn't stolen at all. And, the effect of him not "letting it go" is going to have worse results than if he had "committed a crime." He has the right to lie, I guess. But, the cult doesn't possess the ability to differentiate a lie from the truth.

I would actually go a full week or even a little more. Hell, it wouldn't bother me if the polls were open for six months as long as the voters were properly credentialed.
Blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you would find something to complain about if your candidate lost.

Does it have to come to this?

"Hurt a Jew, we sue you"
Dershowitz is an asshole. The legal world in our country looks to him as if he's some sort of lawyer-God, but he's just a sellout. I'll never forget when after the OJ trial was over, he was singled out and asked very publicly if there was a flaw in our system that allowed the well-off to 'buy' justice.

Of course that's the case and it's a huge flaw, but Dershowitz decided to take the lawyer POV and point out the pro bono work and other free legal access for the indigent. That doesn't address whatsoever the glaring fact that justice can be more or less bought in this country. And that's just with criminal cases. Civil cases provide even less access, and if a lawyer doesn't think you stand a good chance of winning he won't even touch your case. So you don't have one.

Dershowitz had the opportunity to put the spotlight on a great flaw in our system of justice and he passed. It is such an obvious one that it took a lot of gall for him to dismiss it in favor of maintaining the status quo.

Blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you would find something to complain about if your candidate lost.
you're taking try-too-hard to new levels of vapidity. I don't mind pointing out your idiocy, but even that is starting to become tiresome to me here. If that's your plan, it's working.

An "easy to obtain ID" system will be expensive. As of a decade ago:

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. But only four months in 2012 — February, May, August, and October — have five Wednesdays.
  • Requirements for ID should be free - birth certificate, marriage license, etc.

So do you want to put money into fixing that^ in exchange for mandatory ID even though impersonation fraud is tiny?

Did you see the list above of 3 or 4 things? Those things are correlated with elderly and minority populations. So those are the people who would be voter-supressed unless things were fixed.
I'm aware of the above list if that's to what you are referring. However, you cited a bunch of alleged things without a source (which leads me to believe that it's from the DNC, Axios, your bald claims, etc.) so I dismissed it as unreliable claims. However, none of that explains how any of those assertions disenfranchises minorities or the elderly. Frankly, it's insulting to every single minority or elderly person out there.

More importantly, I don't believe you that these are actual impediments to people who want to vote. If the cable went out and they needed a new box to watch their shows, they'd have a relative/friend/uber give them a ride to the cable store. If they were getting some type of government payment or benefits, but had to show up on a specific day of the week to get the next payment, I bet they'd show up on that day.

This is about motivation and desire. You don't pop into the 24/7 convenience store to grab a hot dog and an ID. I'm not going to apologize for placing a level of importance to the idea that voting is part of what separates us from others and it's a minimal burden to ask that they have ID. No amount of false claims about it being designed to suppress minorities and elderly makes it true.

Dershowitz is an asshole. The legal world in our country looks to him as if he's some sort of lawyer-God, but he's just a sellout. I'll never forget when after the OJ trial was over, he was singled out and asked very publicly if there was a flaw in our system that allowed the well-off to 'buy' justice.

Of course that's the case and it's a huge flaw, but Dershowitz decided to take the lawyer POV and point out the pro bono work and other free legal access for the indigent. That doesn't address whatsoever the glaring fact that justice can be more or less bought in this country. And that's just with criminal cases. Civil cases provide even less access, and if a lawyer doesn't think you stand a good chance of winning he won't even touch your case. So you don't have one.

Dershowitz had the opportunity to put the spotlight on a great flaw in our system of justice and he passed. It is such an obvious one that it took a lot of gall for him to dismiss it in favor of maintaining the status quo.
no attorney that bills their hours is saying no to a case unless there’s a conflict of interest.

speaking of oj, no party for the departed on here?…color me surprised.

no attorney that bills their hours is saying no to a case unless there’s a conflict of interest.

Have you ever heard the post-trial show that Howard Stern did...back when he was still on KROCK? Holy shit! That was CLASSIC!

Reactions: gteeitup
Have you ever heard the post-trial show that Howard Stern did...back when he was still on KROCK? Holy shit! That was CLASSIC!
no, but i’ll add that to the list.

i’m watching an oj doc now that i somehow missed and i’ve learned some new bits of information…not the one with rod tidwell and ross.

“Trump is a moron.”

“Trump is an evil genius.”

“He doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground”.

“Trump knows the gray areas of the law…”

He’s this, he’s that. Y’all can’t even get on the same page with your incessant whining and bitching. I can’t keep up with it all. Sounds like y’all need a TDS meeting so you can get your gripes synchronized.

• Haha
Merriam-Webster

: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another
infringe a patent

obsolete : DEFEAT, FRUSTRATE

I'm going to keep looking, but so far I haven't found anything that indicates a picture ID to be an infringement. But maybe setting only certain days to vote is such an infringement. Maybe having to actually put pencil to ballot or pull a lever is such an infringement. Maybe they should send someone to find me and ask me to voice my choice...no, having to actually speak might be an infringement.

You have the right to vote. An infringement is something that materially hinders your ability to exercise it. Needing to show an ID does not do that, nor does any other modest requirement designed to keep elections as clean as possible.

The same applies to guns. If showing an ID is an infringement on your right to own one, it's because you shouldn't own one.
Well I guess it boils down to reasonable people with different takes on what it means to have a constitutional right and to have that right infringed trying to find common ground rather than being a political party echo chamber.

no, but i’ll add that to the list.

i’m watching an oj doc now that i somehow missed and i’ve learned some new bits of information…not the one with rod tidwell and ross.
A few years ago, I saw the dramatization series... the one where Cuba Gooding, Jr.plays OJ, John Travolta played Robert Shapiro (the best acting of the whole series). I dunno how accurate that could have possibly been, but it was definitely binge-worthy. Sarah Paulson became addicted to cigarettes from her role as Marcia Clark. I never followed the trial at all when it was happening. So, when I saw that, I learned all kinds of stuff that went down. Marcia Clark's nude picture scandal, the jury's eternal sequester and people losing their minds, and then getting removed because they had something in their past that disqualified them. Ito's hourglasses! The best part was the portrayal of the Kardashians! "Juice, don't shoot yourself in Kimmie's room!"

Reactions: gteeitup

you're not thinking this through.. In civil matters, I'm not talking about people who can pay that way. They would tend toward the 'can buy justice' category. I'm talking about the less-moneyed, can NOT buy justice people, those who would have to have their case taken on a contingency basis. Tell me about lawyers who take cases on contingency without a really good chance of cutting into a decent award.

A few years ago, I saw the dramatization series... the one where Cuba Gooding, Jr.plays OJ, John Travolta played Robert Shapiro (the best acting of the whole series). I dunno how accurate that could have possibly been, but it was definitely binge-worthy. Sarah Paulson became addicted to cigarettes from her role as Marcia Clark. I never followed the trial at all when it was happening. So, when I saw that, I learned all kinds of stuff that went down. Marcia Clark's nude picture scandal, the jury's eternal sequester and people losing their minds, and then getting removed because they had something in their past that disqualified them. Ito's hourglasses! The best part was the portrayal of the Kardashians! "Juice, don't shoot yourself in Kimmie's room!"
I think the serial killer from Kentucky did it or was party to it. He was in Nicole's place painting it shortly before her demise.

But forget that, what about Marcia Clark nude? And that good-looking writer from Durham who was getting boned by Mark Fuhrman. Nudes of her maybe?

• Haha
Well I guess it boils down to reasonable people with different takes on what it means to have a constitutional right and to have that right infringed trying to find common ground rather than being a political party echo chamber.
rules me out. Gimme dat echo chamber, chamber, chamber.....

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Every country in Europe but one requires a voter ID.
I wonder if our Federal nature adds more complications here... If we had no state level voting it would certainly be easier to get everyone on the same page in terms of a universal voter id.
Many have laws limiting absentee voting to a very small percentage of cases.
U.K., Germany, and Poland allow postal voting for all voters. Most others allow absentee voting for people living abroad or who are sick, disabled, etc. Feels similar to mix we have state-wise.
It greatly lessens the possibility of cheating and that is something everyone should desire. Right?
a) Impersonation fraud is INCREDIBLY rare.
b) If people REALLY want to impersonate and cheat in this manner they can forge IDs.

“Trump is a moron.”

“Trump is an evil genius.”

“He doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground”.

“Trump knows the gray areas of the law…”

He’s this, he’s that. Y’all can’t even get on the same page with your incessant whining and bitching. I can’t keep up with it all. Sounds like y’all need a TDS meeting so you can get your gripes synchronized.
how they haven't formed a TDS Society kind of thing in order to coordinate their whining and standardize the terms is beyond me. WhoTF is in charge of this shit show anyway? When they do start having meetings, I'm gonna try to get the tissue concession.

• Haha
I think the serial killer from Kentucky did it or was party to it. He was in Nicole's place painting it shortly before her demise.

But forget that, what about Marcia Clark nude? And that good-looking writer from Durham who was getting boned by Mark Fuhrman. Nudes of her maybe?
It was OJ... it was definitely OJ.

I'm sure the Internet will work with you on the request for nudes of Marcia Clark.

you're not thinking this through.. In civil matters, I'm not talking about people who can pay that way. They would tend toward the 'can buy justice' category. I'm talking about the less-moneyed, can NOT buy justice people, those who would have to have their case taken on a contingency basis. Tell me about lawyers who take cases on contingency without a really good chance of cutting into a decent award.
plaintiff attorneys

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT