ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

A few years ago, I saw the dramatization series... the one where Cuba Gooding, Jr.plays OJ, John Travolta played Robert Shapiro (the best acting of the whole series). I dunno how accurate that could have possibly been, but it was definitely binge-worthy. Sarah Paulson became addicted to cigarettes from her role as Marcia Clark. I never followed the trial at all when it was happening. So, when I saw that, I learned all kinds of stuff that went down. Marcia Clark's nude picture scandal, the jury's eternal sequester and people losing their minds, and then getting removed because they had something in their past that disqualified them. Ito's hourglasses! The best part was the portrayal of the Kardashians! "Juice, don't shoot yourself in Kimmie's room!"
finished that one…that’s the one with every star that needed work at that time…lol how could you forget david schwimmer/ross as bob kardashian?

that was good, but the one i’m on now is from court tv on youtube, oj25

Reactions: strummingram
It was OJ... it was definitely OJ.

I'm sure the Internet will work with you on the request for nudes of Marcia Clark.
wow, thanks. Here she is. Of course I can't post the fully nude pics.

She looks different, must be because she was younger at the time.

best-bathing-suits-for-large-busts.jpg

Reactions: blazers
finished that one…that’s the one with every star that needed work at that time…lol how could you forget david schwimmer/ross as bob kardashian?

I never found out what they based the script on- as far as source material. Nathan Lane as F.Lee Bailey was another interesting pick. I never knew about the trip to Forsyth Co. NC, either.

Reactions: gteeitup
We buy things online.
We pay bills online.
We gamble online.
We trade stocks online.
We pay our taxes online.
We verify cryptocurrency online.

Seems like a no-brainer that we should be able to vote online with just as much confidence as we do those other things.

Hardly anybody wants to go this route. Why not?

here's a nugget you may have missed.

They tried to warn Ron Goldman about playing with Nicole, but he didn't take their advice. "That thing is sweet", they said, "but the juice will kill ya".

Reactions: gteeitup
We buy things online.
We pay bills online.
We gamble online.
We trade stocks online.
We pay our taxes online.

Seems like a no-brainer that we should be able to vote online with just as much confidence as we do those other things.

yeah, what could go wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
I never found out what they based the script on- as far as source material. Nathan Lane as F.Lee Bailey was another interesting pick. I never knew about the trip to Forsyth Co. NC, either.
yes!!…the only thing i can think of is either jury members or media…if you recall, toobin, dropping pants guy on zoom, was a contributor in the series.

the court tv one is crazy…real footage, photos, jury ousts, etc…i didn’t know until now that four newspapers, one in los angeles, were pro defense/pro oj…they were releasing articles every morning about how bad the state’s case was, their witnesses, etc…there’s a blood theory i just learned that cooked his ass, but i guess the jury ignored it when the fuhrman stuff went down…if the rodney king verdict didn’t happen, oj dies in prison.

and we don’t have an oj thread haha

yes!!…the only thing i can think of is either jury members or media…if you recall, toobin, dropping pants guy on zoom, was a contributor in the series.

the court tv one is crazy…real footage, photos, jury ousts, etc…i didn’t know until now that four newspapers, one in los angeles, were pro defense/pro oj…they were releasing articles every morning about how bad the state’s case was, their witnesses, etc…there’s a blood theory i just learned that cooked his ass, but i guess the jury ignored it when the fuhrman stuff went down…if the rodney king verdict didn’t happen, oj dies in prison.

and we don’t have an oj thread haha
The riots didn't help, that's for sure.

I do think that Barry Scheck's Innocence Project has definitely helped to exonerate him of some of his culpability. I realize these people are supposed to "jealously defend their client." But, I just don't know how someone could convince themselves that OJ was really innocent.

KN was really, really stupid . . .

to put that story in her book. Which also means she's got even more ignorant advisers and editors who allowed her to put such a story in her book. Why you ask? Just look at the reaction above. Regardless of the merit of her decision, a significant portion will react accordingly. There are people who wanted worse for Michael Vick than a convicted murderer. Knowing that, dumb, dumb decision to include the story in her book. That being said, people who have never lived or worked on a farm or a ranch would be shocked about the reality of life not being all flowers and lollipops. It's never that simple.

I wonder if she simply did this to get the story out there and let it be "old" news rather than surfacing in the heart of a critical moment of some future campaign. Imagine the great hyena bringing this up for the first time in the middle of a VP debate.
Great post.

She does ok with governing a very small population quite simple state. But she’s shown on about a dozen different topics and occasions - NFW is she ready for prime time. Sounds like a not particularly bright simpleton - deer in headlights when needing to think fast on her feet. Horrible at it.

I won't bother substantiating this. so I'll just say my belief is that dems take a decent economy and run it into the ground, where it's turned over to republicans to dig up and fix...and when it's fixed, complacency takes over again and control is handed back to the dems because of social naivete. Social agendas run the economy into the ground again, and...lather, rinse, repeat.

I know it isn't that simple and I know that there are valid arguments challenging this but I do believe there is that underlying pattern. Prove me wrong.
@bluetoe right on. There’s a similar thesis, thought pattern, idea philosophy by philosopher G. Michael Hopf:
Weak men make for hard times. Hard times make for strong men. Strong men make for good times. Good times make for soft men.

IMO you can replace soft men with Dems/libs/ woke, alphabet mafia.

And replace strong men with conservative / libertarian men who don’t buy - fully reject wokeness and the alphabet BS. DEI ESG BLM LGBTQIA

Dershowitz is an asshole. The legal world in our country looks to him as if he's some sort of lawyer-God, but he's just a sellout. I'll never forget when after the OJ trial was over, he was singled out and asked very publicly if there was a flaw in our system that allowed the well-off to 'buy' justice.

Of course that's the case and it's a huge flaw, but Dershowitz decided to take the lawyer POV and point out the pro bono work and other free legal access for the indigent. That doesn't address whatsoever the glaring fact that justice can be more or less bought in this country. And that's just with criminal cases. Civil cases provide even less access, and if a lawyer doesn't think you stand a good chance of winning he won't even touch your case. So you don't have one.

Dershowitz had the opportunity to put the spotlight on a great flaw in our system of justice and he passed. It is such an obvious one that it took a lot of gall for him to dismiss it in favor of maintaining the status quo.
Good assessment. Pretty sure he had full season or lifetime pass to Epstein’s Fantasy Island too FWOW.

Reactions: bluetoe
wow, thanks. Here she is. Of course I can't post the fully nude pics.

She looks different, must be because she was younger at the time.

best-bathing-suits-for-large-busts.jpg
“Here’s a picture of someone, who was younger at the time we took it”.

Fun fact: everyone in any pic was younger)than now) at the time the pic was taken 🤓😂

• Haha
Reactions: pooponduke
“Here’s a picture of someone, who was younger at the time we took it”.

Fun fact: everyone in any pic was younger)than now) at the time the pic was taken 🤓😂
ha ha but you're reading it wrong. That's a given that she's younger, my point not being that she looks younger, but that being younger is why she looks different...you know, as opposed to some other reason for her looking different.

ha ha but you're reading it wrong. That's a given that she's younger, my point not being that she looks younger, but that being younger is why she looks different...you know, as opposed to some other reason for her looking different.
I know. I think the “everyone’s younger in pics” is a sort of funny Steven Wright sort of observation

Reactions: bluetoe
She does ok with governing a very small population quite simple state. But she’s shown on about a dozen different topics and occasions - NFW is she ready for prime time. Sounds like a not particularly bright simpleton - deer in headlights when needing to think fast on her feet. Horrible at it.
Are you describing Kristi Noem or Sarah Palin?

I won't bother substantiating this. so I'll just say my belief is that dems take a decent economy and run it into the ground, where it's turned over to republicans to dig up and fix... Prove me wrong.
Wait, what? I believe you have that backwards, Mr. Blunder. The roller coaster ride, at least recently, goes more like:
George W. H. Bush leaves Bill Clinton an economic mess
Bill Clinton leaves George H. Bush an absolute windfall
George H. Bush leaves Barack Obama an economic mess
Barack Obama leaves Donald Trump a flourishing economy
Trump leaves Joe Biden . . . well, you guessed it, an economic mess

Notice anything surprising about the pattern?

Last edited:
Wait, what? I believe you have that backwards, My Blunder. The roller coaster ride, at least recently, goes more like:
George W. H. Bush leaves Bill Clinton an economic mess
Bill Clinton leaves George H. Bush an absolute windfall
George H. Bush leaves Barack Obama an economic mess
Barack Obama leaves Donald Trump a flourishing economy
Trump leaves Joe Biden . . . well, you guessed it, an economic mess

Notice anything surprising about the pattern?
I stopped at Bill Clinton and skipped to Biden, because the 'windfall' was the doing of republicans who forced Clinton's hand who then gutted our system of security measures that led to 9/11; and because anyone who thinks that Trump created any mess and that Biden has nothing to do with the mess on his hands, is not to be taken seriously.. YOU are not to be taken seriously. But we knew that.

My contention stands unscathed.

I stopped at Bill Clinton and skipped to Biden, because the 'windfall' was the doing of republicans who forced Clinton's hand who then gutted our system of security measures that led to 9/11; and because anyone who thinks that Trump created any mess and that Biden has nothing to do with the mess on his hands, is not to be taken seriously.. YOU are not to be taken seriously. But we knew that.

My contention stands unscathed.
🤣
I expected your spin. It's not at all surprising that you didn't try to "substantiate" that hogwash you posted yesterday. Luckily I went ahead and did the legwork for you. Let's take a look at recent history:

Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush R
- Midterm recession for Bush with unemployment peaking at 7.8% in June 1992.
- That was following the 10.8 percent joblessness in 1982 and the Reagan recession, and tripling of the national debt in eight years under Reaganomics.
- Under Bush, America witnessed the most significant financial collapse since the Great Depression.
- Result: Reelected for second term (Reagan), one term and done (Bush).
👎

Bill Clinton D
- Turned deficits into surpluses and created the conditions for strong future growth.
- He inherited 7.5% unemployment and through a strengthening economy 23 million new jobs were added under Clinton compared to just 2 million under Bush.
- President Clinton presided over one of the most impressive economic turnarounds in modern history.
- By the end of his two terms, 22.7 million new jobs had been created, unemployment dropped to a 30-year low, and gross domestic product grew by 35% overall through the longest period of sustained growth in U.S. history.
- Average hourly wages increased by 6 percent after accounting for inflation, and median household income grew by 14 percent, the highest increase for a two-term president.
- Clinton reduced the national debt by $223 billion and left the largest on-budget surplus since LBJ upon leaving office.
- Result: Reelected for second term.
👍

George W. Bush R
- Known as the "lost decade," Bush's two terms fueled the housing and finance bubble in 2008.
- Gave hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks to the wealthy, focusing on their needs while neglecting the stagnant economy of the majority of Americans.
- He put the burden of fiscal imbalance on future generations.
- He diverted billions of dollars to two foreign wars -- one of which was out of necessity but one of which was created under false pretenses -- when we could have invested that money here in America.
- Bush's lasting legacy includes two recessions, in 2001 and the Great Recession of 2007–2009.
👎

Barack Obama D
- Avoided another Great Depression in the winter of 2009 soon after taking office.
- Longest expansion of job growth on record through 2017 dating back to 1939.
- The U.S. economy was shrinking when President Obama took office in the first quarter of 2009. By the end of his presidency, the economy was growing at about 2% in inflation-adjusted terms.
- President Obama’s second-term economic growth per person was higher than the growth of several previous presidents, specifically President George W. Bush in both his terms, President George H.W. Bush in his term, Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford in their combined term, President Nixon in his first term, and President Dwight D. Eisenhower in his second term.
- The economy lost close to 800,000 jobs in January 2009, when President Obama took office. The job market started to expand by early 2010 and consistently added jobs from October 2010 to January 2017, when President Obama left office.
- The typical weekly pay of U.S. workers reached its highest level on record, dating back to 1979, at the end of 2016.
- Household debt fell relative to after-tax income during both of President Obama’s terms. Total debt amounted to 105.9 percent of after-tax income, the lowest level since mid-2002.
👍

Donald Trump R
- Inherited a solid economy after years of improvements, with the economy and the labor market headed in the right direction on all key economic indicators.
- Paychecks grew faster than inflation with average weekly earnings up 8.7% after inflation.
- After-tax corporate profits went up and the stock market set new records.
- The economy lost 2.9 million jobs and the unemployment rate increased by 1.6% to 6.3%.
- The international trade deficit Trump promised to reduce went up. The U.S. trade deficit in goods and services in 2020 was the highest since 2008 and increased 40.5% from 2016.
- The number of Americans without health insurance rose by 3 million.
- The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.
- Handgun production rose 12.5% in 2020 compared to 2016, setting a new record.
- The murder rate in 2020 rose to the highest level since 1997.
- Trump mismanaged the pandemic crisis, resulting in the economy he inherited and continued building upon to completely collapse.
- Result: One term and done.
👎

Joe Biden D
- Despite inheriting an economy struggling with 10 million jobless and millions more out of the workforce., the U.S. economy improved more during President Joe Biden’s first year in office than in the first 12 months of any other president in the past 50 years.
- Also inherited a Federal debt the highest since World War II.
- Avoided a recession most critics predicted would occur.
- Gross domestic product growth in 2021 reached 5.7%—the highest annual growth since 1984—after rebounding from a decrease of 3.4% in 2020.
- The U.S. continues to lead among its peer countries in its pandemic recovery, and the rate of annual growth surpasses both the Federal Reserve’s projection and the Congressional Budget Office’s projection regularly.
- Unemployment reached its lowest level since 1969 under Biden, and the US gained a record 7.27 million new jobs in 2021, fueled by a recovery in the labor market as vaccines became available and the country opened up. Job creation has remained strong in the years since with 2.7 million jobs added in 2023.
- While stocks have seesawed over the course of the Biden Administration, the S&P 500 recently hit all-time highs.

Annualized change in unemployment rate over each presidency from Truman to Biden, ordered from best-performing to worst-performing economic performance. Democrats are in blue, Republicans are in red.
880px-Average_annual_change_in_unemployment_rate_by_president.png

880px-Annual_change%2C_non-farm_employment.png

800px-0_Pie_charts_-_Jobs_and_Recession_timing.png

Sources:
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/economy/its-the-economy-stupid-and-the-bad-luck-of-george-h-w-bush/
https://www.americanprogress.org/article/power-of-progressive-economics-the-clinton-years/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_George_W._Bush_administration#:~:text=Bush administration was characterized by,the Great Recession that followed

AGAIN, I go no further than Bill Clinton. Clinton was politically forced by republicans to reign in spending and produce a viable budget (this was when Newt Gingrich and republicans had some cojones). In doing so, Clinton made cuts in the military rather than entitlements, and also carved into our security systems. As a result we got 9/11, which of course was gifted to Bush who had to deal with those consequences. Credit for the economy, which should have been credited to those republicans, was of course taken by the dems just because Clinton was in office. ADDITIONALLY, Clinton gifted US with not just 9/11 but a financial crisis to beat all financial crises. So again, I inform you that the economy tends to crash and burn with the dems and be rescued by the republicans.

I'm only stopping there because I have no intention of wasting time addressing the rest of your 'spin'. The internet has all the information anyone needs to show that you as usual are FOS (not spin). Like crediting obama with rescuing the economy? The economy was recovering globally anyway, and obama began the trend toward obscene amounts of debt that continue to this day, with Biden adding trillions just as a budget.

LMAO at you calling my offering spin. Spin is all you do, to put it more politely than I usually do, and spin is all you provide here. Ho hum.

Shooting holes in your presentation is too easy. My contention still remains unscathed.

🤣
I expected your spin. It's not at all surprising that you didn't try to "substantiate" that hogwash you posted yesterday. Luckily I went ahead and did the legwork for you. Let's take a look at recent history:

Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush R
- Midterm recession for Bush with unemployment peaking at 7.8% in June 1992.
- That was following the 10.8 percent joblessness in 1982 and the Reagan recession, and tripling of the national debt in eight years under Reaganomics.
- Under Bush, America witnessed the most significant financial collapse since the Great Depression.
- Result: Reelected for second term (Reagan), one term and done (Bush).
👎

Bill Clinton D
- Turned deficits into surpluses and created the conditions for strong future growth.
- He inherited 7.5% unemployment and through a strengthening economy 23 million new jobs were added under Clinton compared to just 2 million under Bush.
- President Clinton presided over one of the most impressive economic turnarounds in modern history.
- By the end of his two terms, 22.7 million new jobs had been created, unemployment dropped to a 30-year low, and gross domestic product grew by 35% overall through the longest period of sustained growth in U.S. history.
- Average hourly wages increased by 6 percent after accounting for inflation, and median household income grew by 14 percent, the highest increase for a two-term president.
- Clinton reduced the national debt by $223 billion and left the largest on-budget surplus since LBJ upon leaving office.
👍

George W. Bush R
- Known as the "lost decade," Bush's two terms fueled the housing and finance bubble in 2008.
- Gave hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks to the wealthy, focusing on their needs while neglecting the stagnant economy of the majority of Americans.
- He put the burden of fiscal imbalance on future generations.
- He diverted billions of dollars to two foreign wars -- one of which was out of necessity but one of which was created under false pretenses -- when we could have invested that money here in America.
- Bush's lasting legacy includes two recessions, in 2001 and the Great Recession of 2007–2009.
👎

Barack Obama D
- Avoided another Great Depression in the winter of 2009 soon after taking office.
- Longest expansion of job growth on record through 2017 dating back to 1939.
- The U.S. economy was shrinking when President Obama took office in the first quarter of 2009. By the end of his presidency, the economy was growing at about 2% in inflation-adjusted terms.
- President Obama’s second-term economic growth per person was higher than the growth of several previous presidents, specifically President George W. Bush in both his terms, President George H.W. Bush in his term, Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford in their combined term, President Nixon in his first term, and President Dwight D. Eisenhower in his second term.
- The economy lost close to 800,000 jobs in January 2009, when President Obama took office. The job market started to expand by early 2010 and consistently added jobs from October 2010 to January 2017, when President Obama left office.
- The typical weekly pay of U.S. workers reached its highest level on record, dating back to 1979, at the end of 2016.
- Household debt fell relative to after-tax income during both of President Obama’s terms. Total debt amounted to 105.9 percent of after-tax income, the lowest level since mid-2002.
👍

Donald Trump R
- Inherited a solid economy after years of improvements, with the economy and the labor market headed in the right direction on all key economic indicators.
- Paychecks grew faster than inflation with average weekly earnings up 8.7% after inflation.
- After-tax corporate profits went up and the stock market set new records.
- The economy lost 2.9 million jobs and the unemployment rate increased by 1.6% to 6.3%.
- The international trade deficit Trump promised to reduce went up. The U.S. trade deficit in goods and services in 2020 was the highest since 2008 and increased 40.5% from 2016.
- The number of Americans without health insurance rose by 3 million.
- The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.
- Handgun production rose 12.5% in 2020 compared to 2016, setting a new record.
- The murder rate in 2020 rose to the highest level since 1997.
- Trump mismanaged the pandemic crisis, resulting in the economy he inherited and continued building upon to completely collapse.
- Result: One term and done.
👎

Joe Biden D
- Despite inheriting an economy struggling with 10 million jobless and millions more out of the workforce., the U.S. economy improved more during President Joe Biden’s first year in office than in the first 12 months of any other president in the past 50 years.
- Also inherited a Federal debt the highest since World War II.
- Avoided a recession most critics predicted would occur.
- Gross domestic product growth in 2021 reached 5.7%—the highest annual growth since 1984—after rebounding from a decrease of 3.4% in 2020.
- The U.S. continues to lead among its peer countries in its pandemic recovery, and the rate of annual growth surpasses both the Federal Reserve’s projection and the Congressional Budget Office’s projection regularly.
- Unemployment reached its lowest level since 1969 under Biden, and the US gained a record 7.27 million new jobs in 2021, fueled by a recovery in the labor market as vaccines became available and the country opened up. Job creation has remained strong in the years since with 2.7 million jobs added in 2023.
- While stocks have seesawed over the course of the Biden Administration, the S&P 500 recently hit all-time highs.

Annualized change in unemployment rate over each presidency from Truman to Biden, ordered from best-performing to worst-performing economic performance. Democrats are in blue, Republicans are in red.
880px-Average_annual_change_in_unemployment_rate_by_president.png

880px-Annual_change%2C_non-farm_employment.png

800px-0_Pie_charts_-_Jobs_and_Recession_timing.png

Sources:
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/economy/its-the-economy-stupid-and-the-bad-luck-of-george-h-w-bush/
https://www.americanprogress.org/article/power-of-progressive-economics-the-clinton-years/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_George_W._Bush_administration#:~:text=Bush administration was characterized by,the Great Recession that followed

200.gif

I'm aware of the above list if that's to what you are referring. However, you cited a bunch of alleged things without a source (which leads me to believe that it's from the DNC, Axios, your bald claims, etc.) so I dismissed it as unreliable claims. However, none of that explains how any of those assertions disenfranchises minorities or the elderly. Frankly, it's insulting to every single minority or elderly person out there.

More importantly, I don't believe you that these are actual impediments to people who want to vote. If the cable went out and they needed a new box to watch their shows, they'd have a relative/friend/uber give them a ride to the cable store. If they were getting some type of government payment or benefits, but had to show up on a specific day of the week to get the next payment, I bet they'd show up on that day.

This is about motivation and desire. You don't pop into the 24/7 convenience store to grab a hot dog and an ID. I'm not going to apologize for placing a level of importance to the idea that voting is part of what separates us from others and it's a minimal burden to ask that they have ID. No amount of false claims about it being designed to suppress minorities and elderly makes it true.
I've worked with some very poor populations in a prior career - people without reliable transportation, who are paycheck-to-paycheck, who have inflexible "jobs", whose homes and belongings are transient, etc. Everything is a burden and expensive for those types of people, every hurdle or difficulty is magnified. Generally i agree with your points, but if we're going to require an ID so they can partake in their constitutional right, then it needs to be easily obtained.

Last edited:
We buy things online.
We pay bills online.
We gamble online.
We trade stocks online.
We pay our taxes online.

And each of those things have been hacked and will be hacked again, and again. I work in the software/IT industry. In a prior role i was very involved with security related bugs and consulting customers on how to assess specific CVE, implement fixes/remediations.

No hacking stories would surprise me. I'd actually be shocked if almost everything digital/electronic didn't have some known accidental or intentional vulnerability.

Software/infrastructure is only as secure as the intelligence/ability of the people managing it, and many of the customers i worked with were frighteningly incapable. Plus competent people make mistakes. Plus open-source stuff is everywhere due to cost. Finally there are rogue actors everywhere.

Last edited:
@What Would Jesus Do? sorry for the tl;dr but regarding rogue actors read

Basically, this 'open-source developer person' (likely a state agency) spent yrs forging an identity that could be trusted enough to allow him to plant a backdoor in linux (which is commonly used server OS) which resulted in "Anyone in possession of a predetermined encryption key could stash any code of their choice in an SSH login certificate, upload it, and execute it on the backdoored device. No one has actually seen code uploaded, so it's not known what code the attacker planned to run. In theory, the code could allow for just about anything, including stealing encryption keys or installing malware."

^to put that last sentence more simply, bad guys would have root access to any infected machine that is exposing ssh (and network accessible) - (and many do, since ssh is how they're remotely administered).

The crazy part of the story is how it happened, how it unfolded. The code he was "touching" is just compression software (like zip or tar) which sounds pretty benign, you'd think it couldn't impact something like sshd..... so how he got as far as manipulating sshd is brilliant.

Last edited:
Reactions: pooponduke
And each of those things have been hacked and will be hacked again, and again. I work in the software/IT industry. In a prior role i was very involved with security related bugs and consulting customers on how to assess specific CVE, implement fixes/remediations.

No hacking stories would surprise me. I'd actually be shocked if almost everything digital/electronic didn't have some known accidental or intentional vulnerability.

Software/infrastructure is only as secure as the intelligence/ability of the people managing it, and many of the customers i worked with were frighteningly incapable. Plus competent people make mistakes. Plus open-source stuff is everywhere due to cost. Finally there are rogue actors everywhere.
so, you're saying those voting machines WERE hacked.

Clinton was politically forced by republicans to reign in spending and produce a viable budget (this was when Newt Gingrich and republicans had some cojones). In doing so, Clinton made cuts in the military rather than entitlements, and also carved into our security systems. As a result we got 9/11, which of course was gifted to Bush who had to deal with those consequences. Credit for the economy, which should have been credited to those republicans, was of course taken by the dems just because Clinton was in office.
🤣

I've worked with some very poor populations in a prior career - people without reliable transportation, who are paycheck-to-paycheck, who have inflexible "jobs", whose homes and belongings are transient, etc. Everything is a burden and expensive for those types of people, every hurdle or difficulty is magnified. Generally i agree with your points, but if we're going to require an ID so they can partake in their constitutional right, then it needs to be easily obtained.
A whopping 25 seconds in, besides a multitude of other acceptable forms, get your free voter ID from your local board of elections. It's animated and narrated, so even the "elderly" and "minorities" you claim to be so woefully inept and disadvantaged should be able to prepare for November.

Couldn't agree more. This would be even dumber than what we've done up to this point. You want an election to manipulated and influenced by Russia/China/anyone else, put it online. And talk about putting people at a disadvantage, people have to have the internet and something with which to access it to vote? And we think it would be secure? It's 2024 and people still use "password" for their password.

Just as an aside to any impact of that on voting, it's only anecdotal, but I seem to be meeting a bunch more of those you describe since Covid and our great recovery.

A whopping 25 seconds in, besides a multitude of other acceptable forms, get your free voter ID from your local board of elections. It's animated and narrated, so even the "elderly" and "minorities" you claim to be so woefully inept and disadvantaged should be able to prepare for November.

What does it say regarding the points i mentioned above regarding hours of operation and people without transpo that live far from the county BOE, DMV and passport agency?

Last edited:

We aren't talking about protecting a list of emails in some lame company database.

If we can use data mining and blockchain tech to secure bitcoin transactions and ownership, surely that same or similar tech will secure voter IDs and votes. If not, instead of dismissing this approach, figure out how to make it even more secure.

Our current electoral process seems a lot worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT