ADVERTISEMENT

Ordinary people doing extraordinary things

NC_State_North_Carolina_Basketball_90501.jpg

Not sure this counts as "ordinary people," but it is pretty cool.

Woman sets 180+ mph bicycle speed record
I was just looking through this thread again today, and realized this post is about a woman who I've met and am friends with on Facebook. I've run a couple half marathons with her. She is very nice - and a crazy racer of cars, too. Usually mini-coopers, I think.

This doesn’t precisely fit but I didn’t wanna create a thread just for the story. Today I stopped at a Scotchman gas station that I haven’t been to or gone inside for years. As I pulled up and parked a squirrel came running up to me and got up on his hind legs and started chirping at me. As I stood there wondering what was going on lady poked her head out the door of the Scotchman and said “that’s Rocky he’s waiting on a peanut”. so I bought some and went back out and held them in my hand and Rocky came and got them and chowed down inches away from me. For some reason it was incredibly therapeutic and made my day

This doesn’t precisely fit but I didn’t wanna create a thread just for the story. Today I stopped at a Scotchman gas station that I haven’t been to or gone inside for years. As I pulled up and parked a squirrel came running up to me and got up on his hind legs and started chirping at me. As I stood there wondering what was going on lady poked her head out the door of the Scotchman and said “that’s Rocky he’s waiting on a peanut”. so I bought some and went back out and held them in my hand and Rocky came and got them and chowed down inches away from me. For some reason it was incredibly therapeutic and made my day
The tourist usually feed him

source.gif

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Postman’s Park is one of the few gardens you can find in the old City of London.... It contains 54 plaques, each dedicated to an ordinary person who did something most extraordinary: gave their life in an attempt to save someone else.

Plaques-at-the-Memorial-to-Heroic-Self-Sacrifice.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT