ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Night Club Shooting

UNC '92

Hall of Famer
Mar 2, 2011
Came home from vacation to the terrible and tragic news of essentially what is a massacre at the Pulse night club this morning. This is a crazy world we live in today. At least 20 dead and over 40 wounded. I mean wtf!?

Praying for the friends and families of the dead and injured. Hoping for a special place in hell for the murderer. Glad he was killed because I doubt he would receive the justice deserved had he lived. The only justice I would want for that guy is slow torture until death. Just damn.

Well I could never wish torture on any one but you're right justice around here lately usually is never served to anyone. I personally do not see death necessarily as a "bad" thing like most people do so with the perpetrator being dead now I see him as being free as well as those of us still living, we are free from his presence.

I just wish we could figure out the real root of the hate in this country. Why do so many have hateful hearts and feel the need to do things like this to complete strangers??

I too pray for peace and comfort for all involved in any way and pray we find a way to have true respect, love and peace with each other.

Well I could never wish torture on any one but you're right justice around here lately usually is never served to anyone. I personally do not see death necessarily as a "bad" thing like most people do so with the perpetrator being dead now I see him as being free as well as those of us still living, we are free from his presence.

I just wish we could figure out the real root of the hate in this country. Why do so many have hateful hearts and feel the need to do things like this to complete strangers??

I too pray for peace and comfort for all involved in any way and pray we find a way to have true respect, love and peace with each other.
Without a second thought I'd love him to have his ball skin peeled away.

Wow. I live about 30 miles away. One of my clients is a comedian and performed there recently. This is known as a Gay night club.

Shooter is Omar Mateen, parents from Afghanistan per report. IMHO, 95% radical Muslim terrorist.

Without a second thought I'd love him to have his ball skin peeled away.

I know I'm in the minority on this way of thinking. How crazy of me to think peace, respect and love would have to begin with the same. We get what we give and the tragedy in Orlando is absolute proof of that!

I don't expect much around here from the testosterone pool :(;)

Thoughts and Prayers are out for anyone that may have felt an affect of this horrible and senseless tragedy.

Godspeed

angelsad2.gif
times 50 . .

I know I'm in the minority on this way of thinking. How crazy of me to think peace, respect and love would have to begin with the same. We get what we give and the tragedy in Orlando is absolute proof of that!

I actually tend to agree with you -- the amount of hatred it requires to commit this sort of atrocity is unfathomable to me -- but I don't think it's something that will ever change. There's simply too much evil in the world and too many opportunities to do the unspeakable, and both seem to be on the rise.

It's only going to get worse. I saw somebody on Twitter say that 16 of the last 21 mass homicides in this country were committed by Islamic extremists who were U.S. citizens (haven't checked to verify that, though). It's only a matter of time before some sicko finds a way to blow up a stadium, dam, nuclear power plant, etc. God help us all.

Yes, if there was only more rainbows and lollipops to go around everything would be perfect. This guy is mentally unstable. Being nice and loving to him wasn't going to work.

Reactions: UNC '92
I actually tend to agree with you -- the amount of hatred it requires to commit this sort of atrocity is unfathomable to me -- but I don't think it's something that will ever change. There's simply too much evil in the world and too many opportunities to do the unspeakable, and both seem to be on the rise.

It's only going to get worse. I saw somebody on Twitter say that 16 of the last 21 mass homicides in this country were committed by Islamic extremists who were U.S. citizens (haven't checked to verify that, though). It's only a matter of time before some sicko finds a way to blow up a stadium, dam, nuclear power plant, etc. God help us all.

You're right. It's coming. It probably is too late to change the entire course of hatred but I'll try and do my part. I can disagree with people and not hate them. I may not always understand but I will respect them and care enough to never wish harm to them regardless. Peace has to start somewhere I guess.

You're right. It's coming. It probably is too late to change the entire course of hatred but I'll try and do my part. I can disagree with people and not hate them. I may not always understand but I will respect them and care enough to never wish harm to them regardless. Peace has to start somewhere I guess.
Good luck with that. You won't get it in return from the type of people we are talking about here. Me? I still like the idea of him in agony.

Good luck with that. You won't get it in return from the type of people we are talking about here. Me? I still like the idea of him in agony.

I haven't met anyone from ISIS that I'm aware of but met a few Muslims that brought their children here for prosthetic limbs that the US accidentally bombed in a school yard years ago and they were very kind and held no hatred for the US despite losing some of their children and bringing the surviving children here through a group I was affiliated with to aid in their medical care. They are kinder than many Americans I know.

The shooter was pro-ISIS (per CNN, but too lazy to link it). Is anyone surprised? These worthless pieces of shit are only going to continue this crap right here on US soil. Very sad and depressing world we live in....

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Well, if someone offers kindness only because they "expect it in return", then they're not really offering kindness.

If you allow yourself to be influenced and motivated by revenge, then you are allowing yourself to be motivated by the exact same thing as the people that commit these atrocities. I don't mean that I think you'll mimic their actions, I'm just saying that you allow yourself to be motivated by the same sources.

There is FEAR and there is LOVE. You have a choice.

I haven't met anyone from ISIS that I'm aware of but met a few Muslims that brought their children here for prosthetic limbs that the US accidentally bombed in a school yard years ago and they were very kind and held no hatred for the US despite losing some of their children and bringing the surviving children here through a group I was affiliated with to aid in their medical care. They are kinder than many Americans I know.
What does that have to do with what I am saying? Absolutely nothing. I didn't say we need to go after Muslims and kill them all. But good for you and your new Muslim friends. I know a few too, but since they don't pertain to this I won't tell you how nice they are. And it's nice to see we acknowledged our mistakes and are at least helping those we accidentally injured. War Is hell.

Well, if someone offers kindness only because they "expect it in return", then they're not really offering kindness.

If you allow yourself to be influenced and motivated by revenge, then you are allowing yourself to be motivated by the exact same thing as the people that commit these atrocities. I don't mean that I think you'll mimic their actions, I'm just saying that you allow yourself to be motivated by the same sources.

There is FEAR and there is LOVE. You have a choice.
I'll choose to wish for the worst for people like this.

No, I choose disgust.
At least own-up to your choice. I'm not saying choosing Fear or Love is easy. But, that is the choice. Disgust is secondary. All of us here are disgusted. But, do you react in fear or in love? Is it based in one or the other?

I understand why these people do what they do. They allow fear to take them over. They choose to serve their fears, to enable them, empower them.

I really feel more for the families of these people. I hope they can find forgiveness and heal.

That's why I said I haven't met anyone from ISIS. I'm sure I wouldn't be met with the same from them. I was making the distinction between terrorist and Muslims, not really directed at you. I wasn't disagreeing with your statement about those "type of people," but I don't go along with your condoning doing violent things to them or wishes to do so. That's the same mentality they have... How's that working for us so far????

At least own-up to your choice. I'm not saying choosing Fear or Love is easy. But, that is the choice. Disgust is secondary. All of us here are disgusted. But, do you react in fear or in love? Is it based in one or the other?

I understand why these people do what they do. They allow fear to take them over. They choose to serve their fears, to enable them, empower them.

I really feel more for the families of these people. I hope they can find forgiveness and heal.
They are your choices, you came up with them. I simply don't agree with your characterization of the choices we have, as usual. I choose disgust.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
That's why I said I haven't met anyone from ISIS. I'm sure I wouldn't be met with the same from them. I was making the distinction between terrorist and Muslims, not really directed at you. I wasn't disagreeing with your statement about those "type of people," but I don't go along with your condoning doing violent things to them or wishes to do so. That's the same mentality they have... How's that working for us so far????
I'd say I'm ok with it so far. This is a pretty damn good country we live in. I love it here.

I'd say I'm ok with it so far. This is a pretty damn good country we live in. I love it here.
Are you okay with that? Why are you disgusted, then? Is that what's making it a "damned good country?" I'd say that it's a damned good country, a damned good world, IN SPITE OF those who seek revenge and to strike others down because their own hatred tells them to do it.

This guy was born here. The visa thing wouldn't have prevented this.
Maybe not. You still think it is a bad idea?

Also, How do you know he was born here? Maybe he was. He was a US citizen 29 years old, parents from Afghanistan. I don't know where he was born.

Are you okay with that? Why are you disgusted, then? Is that what's making it a "damned good country?" I'd say that it's a damned good country, a damned good world, IN SPITE OF those who seek revenge and to strike others down because their own hatred tells them to do it.
One doesn't preclude the other. I like this country and can be totally disgusted with people who do things like this.

One doesn't preclude the other. I like this country and can be totally disgusted with people who do things like this.
I'm disgusted with them, too. But, I'm not surprised. It does preclude the other. Wanting him to have his ball skin peeled-away is exactly what motivated this guy to do what he did. He just made the thought of revenge and hatred a reality.

Hate breeds more hate. Violence breeds more violence. Revenge breeds more revenge. It's not complicated. It's totally understandable to feel disgust and to feel the need for revenge. I wanna rise above it. I want you to rise above it, too! I really do! Find it within yourself to rise above it. You can do it.

I'm disgusted with them, too. But, I'm not surprised. It does preclude the other. Wanting him to have his ball skin peeled-away is exactly what motivated this guy to do what he did. He just made the thought of revenge and hatred a reality.

Hate breeds more hate. Violence breeds more violence. Revenge breeds more revenge. It's not complicated. It's totally understandable to feel disgust and to feel the need for revenge. I wanna rise above it.
I could not disagree more that neither precludes the other. Not even if a cheese grater is used to do the act. Which I would immensely enjoy happening.

Maybe not. You still think it is a bad idea?

Also, How do you know he was born here? Maybe he was. He was a US citizen 29 years old, parents from Afghanistan. I don't know where he was born.
I'm not sure if it's a bad idea or a good idea. I understand the premise for wanting to keep out the POTENTIAL for more attacks like what happened in Orlando. That makes sense. We all want that, I think. You can build walls and keep everyone who is Muslim out of the country (who is not already in it), but I think that will have some very bad unintended consequences. Very few here will agree, but Islam is not the culprit. Islam is a belief system. It's an organized religious institution. There are far more Muslims who live peaceful lives than these radicals who have co-opted the religion and used it to fuel their hatred and revenge motivations. Then, you have to factor-in the reason the US (and other western countries) are the targets. That's an even bigger task. Most jingoist Americans will never accept that the US foreign policy has had anything to do with the revenge attacks of radical Muslim extremists.

I'm not sure that "keeping them out" is an actual solution. It's not a disease you can catch like a cold. This is a spreading of ideological beliefs. Those are already here. You can't keep out and deport all the Middle Easterners because you fear their potential for being subversive.

I could not disagree more that neither precludes the other. Not even if a cheese grater is used to do the act. Which I would immensely enjoy happening.
Well, you made your choice. Don't be surprised when they put heads on a pike. It's a race to see who can out-disgust the other. Rise above it, or become a casualty of it.

Also this wasn't the typical reason to attack like we usually hear. This guy, who btw is a registered democrat, was sickened and pissed because he saw two men kissing. So he was targeting a specific group of people.

Some of you need to recognize that there are two types of people who do this sort of thing. People who have a mental illness and people who are just pure evil. People don't do this because of our foreign policy or because he was yelled at on the street. Being called a doo doo head in second grade had nothing to do with this. You can't put the blame on other people.

Reactions: UNC '92
I'm not sure if it's a bad idea or a good idea. I understand the premise for wanting to keep out the POTENTIAL for more attacks like what happened in Orlando. That makes sense. We all want that, I think. You can build walls and keep everyone who is Muslim out of the country (who is not already in it), but I think that will have some very bad unintended consequences. Very few here will agree, but Islam is not the culprit. Islam is a belief system. It's an organized religious institution. There are far more Muslims who live peaceful lives than these radicals who have co-opted the religion and used it to fuel their hatred and revenge motivations. Then, you have to factor-in the reason the US (and other western countries) are the targets. That's an even bigger task. Most jingoist Americans will never accept that the US foreign policy has had anything to do with the revenge attacks of radical Muslim extremists.

I'm not sure that "keeping them out" is an actual solution. It's not a disease you can catch like a cold. This is a spreading of ideological beliefs. Those are already here. You can't keep out and deport all the Middle Easterners because you fear their potential for being subversive.

I don't have any problem with the Muslim faith. One of my good friends and coworker is Muslim. He just got back from Mecca with his family about a month ago. He goes into the computer closet to say his prayers everyday. He is one of the most loving and caring persons I know.

The problem is there are too many Muslims that are radical and we have know way of knowing exactly who. All I know is that we must stop the immigration to figure it out ASAP. On this I agree with Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT