ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Night Club Shooting

Dude where do you live? Lol. Sounds like a super trendy area that I don't want to be a part of it. But it also sounds like your area is crossing streams. You've got beer hipsters....who would never be caught dead wearing polo or playing golf. But then you've also got country club-sounding folks who love golf and tennis.

As I'm sure you appreciated as well, this past half season of South Park nailed it with the whole Shitty-Pa-Town and SoTaSoPa thing lol. Major cities are gentrifying EXACTLY like South Park depicted. I think that places and the people that live there try way, way, way too hard to be trendy. Not every single thing you do has to be unique, nu-wave, and all that shit. It's okay to drink a fuggin Bud Light and watch a normal American sport.

I'm in UVA country. I think I'm just jaded b/c I can't get Panthers games up here (and refuse to overpay Direct TV for it), basketball is VERY casual (at best) up here...the only interest in the sport is when UVA is good, and even that is nowhere near the level that you see in Carolina. When it's VaTech vs UVA, for example - even in football, it seems like more people would rather be watching a Lacrosse tournament instead. Just not my thing. And I'm a weather junkie and love a good lightning show...because of the mountains, the "storms" here (if they can even be called that) are glorified showers with a light breeze.

I think it's time to move back south!

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I understand the contempt for hipsters that you guys are describing. I see that kind of dbaggery all the time. Don't waste your energy getting mad about it. Just learn to be comfortable in your own skin and feel sorry for those who aren't, since I'd be willing to bet that most of them are just trying too hard to seem cool or interesting.

I would never go back to my 20s despite all the obvious perks. Maybe my mid-30s. You guys are gonna love your 30s and 40s.

I would never go back to my 20s despite all the obvious perks. Maybe my mid-30s. You guys are gonna love your 30s and 40s.
tumblr_liqpes24YQ1qacp1m.gif

I understand the contempt for hipsters that you guys are describing. I see that kind of dbaggery all the time. Don't waste your energy getting mad about it. Just learn to be comfortable in your own skin and feel sorry for those who aren't, since I'd be willing to bet that most of them are just trying too hard to seem cool or interesting.

Amen!!! Actually 50s are even better than my wonderful 40s so far... You give less and less sh*ts about what people think and do what actually makes you happy and laugh the little stuff off!!!!?20s had their fun but nothing like now.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
LMAO at complaining about beer snobbery when you wouldn't drink a Miller Lite instead of BL.

LOL - you beat me to this, I was thinking the same thing.

Could you honestly tell the difference between ML and BL in a blind test?

I'm guessing I probably could tell the difference, but I'm not sure. And regardless - even if I could tell the difference, I don't think I'd ever be in the mood for one but not the other, they're essentially the same thing.

Also, I'll admit the craft beer movement hatred on my part is also shaped by my taste buds. I just don't care for IPAs. I understand why all craft breweries brew IPAs and other ales (much shorter brew process than lagers), but I just prefer lagers. So the craft beer movement is sorta going against the grain of my taste. Mostly it's the hipster aspect of it though. I can't stand it.

The ales I do like are Scotch ales and certain brown ales. That's about it. Everything else I like is lager. I dislike all stouts.

I hate the dbag hipster angle of the craft beer movement, but I do love the craft beers and variety and whatnot - so I take the good with the bad. I tend to check out breweries fairly regularly, however I do notice that when I'm on those tours, my GF and I seem to be the only ones who have showered that week.

Maybe we should start a new thread for craft beers, since it doesn't fit with the Orlando shooting thread. Not sure what you don't like about IPAs - but if you like the hoppiness, there are such things as IPLs (India Pale Lager) that might be more your style if you like lagers. I'm not a huge fan of Scotch Ales, but I do really like brown ales. Stouts and porters are good at the right time - in the winter I'll go for those if I'm feeling it, but wouldn't go near one in the summer. One style I don't really care for are Belgian Tripels. I've also had habanero infused beer which was possibly the worst thing I've ever tasted.

The beer bubble is bound to bust soon. I just dont get walking into these boring breweries to drink their beer that to me tastes like....beer. I guess i need a man bun, close cropped beard, and flannel shirt to get the full effect.
I am sorry but there is nothing as ridiculous as a man bun. My apologies to any of you who may be sporting one. My opinions aren't necessarily the opinions of Rivals Inc and it's affiliates.

I am sorry but there is nothing as ridiculous as a man bun. My apologies to any of you who may be sporting one. My opinions aren't necessarily the opinions of Rivals Inc and it's affiliates.
Don't apologize for that. If there is anyone here currently sporting a man bun, then they need to be called out on it ASAP.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
That's what one of the two things that irritates me about the whole movement:

1). When did brewing and drinking beer -- once seen as a super "manly man" thing -- become such a hipster, nu-wave, trendy dbag thing? I HATE the type of people that frequent breweries.
2). Sometimes I wanna wash down my fuggin hamburger or chicken wings with a Yuengling, Bud Light, or Budweiser. I don't always want a GD milk stout or seasonal double IPA with extra hoppy aroma. JHC dude, craft beer has its time and place, and that time and place isn't EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME. Shit. Now I'm flustered.
I drink some craft and imports on occasion , but for power beer chugging at the beach or at an outdoor fest any of Bud Light , Lite , Mich Ultra , Coors Light or what's on sale will more than suffice.

I hate the dbag hipster angle of the craft beer movement, but I do love the craft beers and variety and whatnot - so I take the good with the bad. I tend to check out breweries fairly regularly, however I do notice that when I'm on those tours, my GF and I seem to be the only ones who have showered that week.

Maybe we should start a new thread for craft beers, since it doesn't fit with the Orlando shooting thread. Not sure what you don't like about IPAs - but if you like the hoppiness, there are such things as IPLs (India Pale Lager) that might be more your style if you like lagers. I'm not a huge fan of Scotch Ales, but I do really like brown ales. Stouts and porters are good at the right time - in the winter I'll go for those if I'm feeling it, but wouldn't go near one in the summer. One style I don't really care for are Belgian Tripels. I've also had habanero infused beer which was possibly the worst thing I've ever tasted.
I go to my fair share of breweries as well and I dabble in home brew. I still hate hipsters lol. Reason # 4902 I want to move out of Atlanta.

WTF is a man bun? Actually, never mind...sounds *** as hell. Don't care to know.

Insert any word you wish where the asterisk is -- due to this thread theme, I chose not to type it out.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Like, yes, there are some local and national craft brews I do enjoy for sure, don't get me wrong. But I hate the fuggin snobs. Beer snobs who are small brewery owners have a saying and philosophy that goes, roughly, "once you start drinking quality [craft beers], you never go back [to big label beers]." Fugg that crap dude. I can drink a Monday Night Drafty Kilt tonight and then be perfectly content slamming back some Miller Lites tomorrow night. Quit acting like an elitist dbag because you drink really heavy beer that tastes like drinking cologne.

By the way, how in the everlasting **** do skinny girls drink these craft beers?! This is something that truly baffles me. I've got a pretty damn strong tolerance for alcohol, and even for me, after two strong craft beers I have to go into "wait it out before I can drive" mode. And yet I see these skinny, 120-lbs soaking wet girls who down 3-4-5 craft brews at a brewery or trendy drink spot. Like WTF? It makes me wanna take a nap immediately.
I went to a local restaurant and bar in Durham(can't remember the name) with my wife , my son and my daughter in law. I had 3 20 oz craft drafts and my wife had 3 glasses of wine , we also had a full meal. On the ride home my son (who is in law enforcement) said I'm going to put you 2 on the breathalyzer when we get home . Long story short is both of us barely registered and my son said you 2 have just become immune to it .

WTF is a man bun? Actually, never mind...sounds *** as hell. Don't care to know.

Insert any word you wish where the asterisk is -- due to this thread theme, I chose not to type it out.
I try to forget what they are and then get jolted back to reality when I see some douche with one.

Reactions: Blue2010
I went to a local restaurant and bar in Durham(can't remember the name) with my wife , my son and my daughter in law. I had 3 20 oz craft drafts and my wife had 3 glasses of wine , we also had a full meal. On the ride home my son (who is in law enforcement) said I'm going to put you 2 on the breathalyzer when we get home . Long story short is both of us barely registered and my son said you 2 have just become immune to it .
Alcohol tolerance is a peculiar thing.

Anyone else notice you get tipsy a lot "easier" at a restaurant/bar than at home? Maybe it's the added 'stress' of knowing you have to drive home, but I swear it seems like I can pound 3-4 beers at home and be sober as a judge, but if I have 1-2 of the same type of beer at a restaurant, I feel a more noticeable buzz.

Don't apologize for that. If there is anyone here currently sporting a man bun, then they need to be called out on it ASAP.
I had to google that to see WTH you guys were talking about. I need to get out more.....

Anyone else notice you get tipsy a lot "easier" at a restaurant/bar than at home? Maybe it's the added 'stress' of knowing you have to drive home, but I swear it seems like I can pound 3-4 beers at home and be sober as a judge, but if I have 1-2 of the same type of beer at a restaurant, I feel a more noticeable buzz.

That's the roofies you're noticing.

Because I am made to feel like the Dbag who knows nothing about beer when I'm surrounded by a bunch of hipsters discussing the intricacies of each beer...

When that happens to me, I start talking about soap. Those hipster types know nothing about that.

Look, my comment on IPAs was directed at IPAs (and maybe somewhat at the hipster culture THN has cited). I like some craft brews. But I tend to like malty beers - reds, browns, porters and stouts. I don't much care for IPAs and I'm not scared to say it. I know IPAs are super trendy (so much so that some people drink them just to be part of the crowd when they know deep down that they don't like them). But for me, IPAs are just to alcoholicly for me. That Dogfish head 120 minute IPA is crapity-crap. C'mon, y'all don't really like that stuff. If I want that much alcohol in my drink, I'll order a bourbon. But when I'm on the river on a hot summer day and want to be refreshed, just give me a damn Busch Light or Natty.

Related but not related, I almost have an aversion to bottles these days. If you can't put your beer in a can, then I'm probably not drinking it.

This thread was once a 1 star. Now it's up to 3 star. If we continue to hijack it with discussions on beer, the hipster culture and other things, we might make it all the way to a 5 star.

Alcohol tolerance is a peculiar thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT