ADVERTISEMENT

Partsgeek.com

ElizabethtownHeel

Hall of Famer
Oct 6, 2006
My wife needs a turbo pipe for her Volvo XC90 the old one split on both sides and had to be replaced. I never buy any volvo parts from the stealership as they are usually way more expensive that other places. I google the part and it shows up at partgeeks.com I have never used them before so I try them. I order the part online and then get an email that says it will be 3 to 5 business days and depending on the carrier may take as long as 7 to 12 days. I hoped it would not be that long, I ordered it Thursday at 12pm and by 3pm Friday roughly 27 hours my order has been processed and is sitting on my porch ! I could not have got any sooner if I had paid the 13.22 for 2 day shipping ! And it arrived this quick with free shipping ! Turn the part over and it is stamped Norway Volvo . So i am very pleased to have done business with them.

I have a 2004 Volvo s40. About 5 years ago the air conditioning compressor went out. I ordered a part online (can't remember which company) and it was OEM and made in Sweden. Very happy and it was new, not rebuilt. Half the cost from local parts places.

Anyway, it worked fine but just failed about 6 months ago and had to replace again with the alternator. I think the bad alternator caused the A/C compressor to fail again because they are on the same belt. Although, the mechanics told me then a/c compressors are known to fail a lot on Volvo's. Especially in Florida.

Volvo's are known to last for 1,000,000 miles. I have 180k on this one. So I am just breaking it in. Will drive this one into the dirt.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Louigi:
I have a 2004 Volvo s40. About 5 years ago the air conditioning compressor went out. I ordered a part online (can't remember which company) and it was OEM and made in Sweden. Very happy and it was new, not rebuilt. Half the cost from local parts places.

Anyway, it worked fine but just failed about 6 months ago and had to replace again with the alternator. I think the bad alternator caused the A/C compressor to fail again because they are on the same belt. Although, the mechanics told me then a/c compressors are known to fail a lot on Volvo's. Especially in Florida.

Volvo's are known to last for 1,000,000 miles. I have 180k on this one. So I am just breaking it in. Will drive this one into the dirt.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Louigi,
My mechanic has told me that the new Volvo cars are not nearly reliable as the old ones , I know we have put a lot of money in to the one we have. I really want to buy a couple of 91 to 93 240 volvo , I have heard they are the Holy Grail of Volvo !

Wanted also to tell you guys that you can get online coupons for Advance auto that range from 20 to 30% off and other coupons like buy 110 dollars worth online and get 40 dollars off.

Got my grandson a computer for his Ford Ranger from them. Came programmed and ready to go, saved me about $125.00. Fast ship as well.

Mike ,
talk about computers for cars , My wife has a volvo xc90 and over the past 4.5 yrs never had any transmission issues. All of sudden the transmission service required and then the transmission service urgent lights came on within a few minutes of each other last week. The shop we usually go to said they checked it out and the fluid smelled burnt and looked bad and that the computer spit out 2 codes and they recommend I park the close to a dealership and leave it overnite. Then the next morning while the car is cold trade it in to atleast get a little money out of it. They claimed the transmission was shot had to be replaced, about a 5 thousand dollar bill.

Took it to another shop and the guys said it looks like the first shop may have flushed the transmission because the fluid looked like it was new. So the guy said he could do a software update for the transmission and a week later it seems that has fixed my problem. It is amazing that the 2 shops could come to opposite conclusions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT