ADVERTISEMENT

PGA Championship Thread

forgot to poast this, thanks.

night time golf for us in the east is hella good...at some point, we need to discuss bryson, lol.

Reactions: uncboy10

night time golf for us in the east is hella good...at some point, we need to discuss bryson, lol.

Thursday tie breaker goes to Tiger since he didn't break a driver like Bryson Douchembeau.

Friday 5pm major championship golf is going to be awesome.

Great start from Tiger on a day he didn't really play well. That 68 was the lowest he could have shot. I hate Bryson and hope that he shoots 80 today. Brooks is a machine. This course sets up well for guys like Finau and Schafflue also.

Should be a great night/weekend.

i have Woodland $25 to win $1250

also have Rickie, same odds ... that money is gone.

Putter is letting Tiger down right now. Could easily be at -3 or -4 right now.

Looks like his back is feeling okay though which is a good sign.

Putter is letting Tiger down right now. Could easily be at -3 or -4 right now.

Looks like his back is feeling okay though which is a good sign.

He’s hitting it extremely well, can’t make a thing.

Needs to play the back in two or three under.

Reactions: uncboy10
He’s hitting it extremely well, can’t make a thing.

Needs to play the back in two or three under.

Yeah his ball striking is just as good as anyone's right now.

Ideally some putts would start to fall on the back nine, and he’ll have the same success off the tee box and with his approach shots tomorrow with another set of opportunities to make some birdies.

Whatever putter tiger switched to needs to get sent back to the manufacturer. Clearly needs calibration

Doesen't look great for my pre tourney pick Tommy Fleetwood after round 3, but he's in the running. I have him in a top 10 finish bet as well. Not as hefty a payout, but probably more realistic. Anyhow go Tommy...lol

first time i’ve actually gotten to watch cameron champ for a stretch, that dude is long af...he’s just average at accuracy and can’t score.

dustin is playing well...i expect him to finish this.

Smart money is on DJ or Brooks IMO. I’ll be pulling for DJ since he went to my high school.

Upside for Tiger fans is that he looked healthy for the whole weekend and his ball striking was great at time. Sorting out the putting stroke for the next two weeks won’t put nearly the same level of stress on his back that long days at the range to re-tool his swing would.

Putting was terrible and still managed to finish under par for the weekend. He’s going to be competitive all year. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s right there in the thick of things on Sunday when The Masters rolls around.

Reactions: gteeitup
Leaderboard is crazy right now. 15 guys within 3 strokes of the lead, 4 guys tied at -9 and several more at -8. Pretty much wide open at this point. Someone will have to step up and make some big shots to create separation.

Currently a five way tie for first at -10. This is fun

Incredible shot by Okinawa, and he converts the eagle putt.

Only 23 years old and is probably about to win the PGA Championship

Not looking forward to all the lame Tiger comparisons this week.

Lets see...

Both PGA Championship winners at 23,
both part asian,
both played college golf in California,
both former #1 amateurs.

And I'm sure they'll be able to dig up plenty more reasons why he's going to go on and win another 14 majors to be just like Tiger.

Reactions: dadika13
Smart money is on DJ or Brooks IMO. I’ll be pulling for DJ since he went to my high school.

Upside for Tiger fans is that he looked healthy for the whole weekend and his ball striking was great at time. Sorting out the putting stroke for the next two weeks won’t put nearly the same level of stress on his back that long days at the range to re-tool his swing would.

Putting was terrible and still managed to finish under par for the weekend. He’s going to be competitive all year. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s right there in the thick of things on Sunday when The Masters rolls around.

whoa, you went to dutch fork?...when did you graduate?

i was with the scga out of college so i know dustin, bill haas, glover, and some others...i was just texting about dusitn in a 1999 jr tourney at mid-carolina and him not having a closer gene.

whoa, you went to dutch fork?...when did you graduate?

i was with the scga out of college so i know dustin, bill haas, glover, and some others...i was just texting about dusitn in a 1999 jr tourney at mid-carolina and him not having a closer gene.

Yep. Graduated in 2010. Got a little unlucky actually, Kimrey was still the AD and football coach when I was there. He got fired the year after I graduated. Probably would've won a couple of state titles if we had better baseball and football coaches while I was there. The golf team was still pretty dominant at that time though.

Reactions: gteeitup
@uncboy10 thats nuts...kimrey is killing it at a private school here, multiple titles.

did you ever go to monday after the masters events?...i was probably a rules official then.

if you ever get back here, holla...we’ll run and drink beers.

@uncboy10 thats nuts...kimrey is killing it at a private school here, multiple titles.

did you ever go to monday after the masters events?...i was probably a rules official then.

if you ever get back here, holla...we’ll run and drink beers.

Never made it to the Monday after the Masters events. I didn't really get into golf much until after high school.

He was a nightmare when I was at DF. Just absolutely atrocious coaching, and overall management of the athletic program. I think we went like 2-10 my Junior year, then they won a state title the second year after they brought in Knotts, with less talent than we had.

For sure, I don't go down very often but usually I'm there for a few days before and after holidays. Sounds like a plan.

i also wanna say that i read the koepka statement before i heard rory’s response, then i watched the statement(thinking it was out of context) and brooks is sounding like a clown.

i don’t care either way, but that remark, from a dude that is supposedly a student of the game, came off as a bitch.

Brooks and DJ would easily be the most interesting cage match between two golfers.

Incredible shot by Okinawa

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT