ADVERTISEMENT

Phillips Says the ACC is Healthy Moving Forward

Healthy compared to what and/or to whom?

I would say that the BT move to 18 means that super sized conferences are going to be all tenant remain as MAJOR. Is the ACC must think about the, and not just trying tonbhve at least 15 should it lose at least 3 of its biggest Brand Names. That means the ACC must now be proactive in doing 2 things: whatever to takes monetarily to secure all its biggest brand names and preparing to add at least a coupe more schools to make its football quality deeper and its football value greater in the future.

I think the required move for the first is to agree to set aside an amount of the payouts to be distributed per TV numbers. That means that for that part of the payouts, even if Wake is 10-2, if Wake draws the fewest TV viewers, Wake gets the smallest part. Likewise, if FSU is just 7-5 but draws the most TV viewers, FSU gets the largest cut of that set aside.

All TV money is about TV drawing power. It never is about wins. So the ACC office must accept that fact and act on it for the good of the whole. If that leads to BC leaving, so much for the better.

I think the next TV deal fort the post - UT/OU Big 12 will be quite poor. If you take Big 12 ratings this year and then subtract the UT and OU games they are abysmal, well below the Pac or ACC. So at that point, the ACC can poach Big 12 teams that can help with ACC football. I think the fiords thing that should be done in that regard is explore TX further. This a football crazed state., and having multiple teams in and around DFW is worth 10 times what having anybody in the northeast not named Penn St could ever mean.

Likewise, Cincinnati is in a large football crazed state. And unlike SMU it is a large state U.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT