ADVERTISEMENT

Point

UNCD1502

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2012
Carolina in my mind
I know it’s one game, but if your PG had no assists, 3 TO’s, and was 1/5 from deep while playing 35 mins, wouldn’t you cut down his mins/play somebody else at point some/tighten his freedom/etc? He can drive the lane and wildly throw the ball up with 5 bigs in the paint (essentially a TO), play on. He lost the ball dribbling without any pressure out of bounds by the B/C bench; TWICE. And he’s supposed to be fast/quick, so why does the guy he’s guarding end up with the most dribble penetration, breaking down our defense?? Or he gets torched and he’s watching the back of his man’s jersey as he hits a layup. He may get non-defensive player of the game, every game…. unless McCoy’s in a lot and has to attempt to play help side, obviously while not letting his guy go back door for a layup/dunk. Several possessions it’s just dribble, dribble, DRIBBLE. I know Ant isn’t available, but Caleb can play the 1, Kerwin at the 2, Dunn at the 2, Leaky has played the 1; I’m just saying he does not need to play 35 mins, Hubert needs to expand his “7-man rotation” he started the first of December mind you, and keep guys fresher (Mondo and Caleb playing 35-37 mins will leave them burned out come tourney time, and that’s if they’re not ravished by injuries). Ok, sorry maybe a little harsh, but the Heels I was watching the game with tonight all agreed, and we’ve noticed it as an ongoing trend for him. He’s had a couple big games that have saved our butts, so hopefully he stays out of the lane if there is two or more defenders in there and once he’s missed his first 3 threes, hold off and try again next game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT