ADVERTISEMENT

Poll shows Trump leads GOP field in NC

JuleZ '02 HEEL

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2003
Here be dragons
http://myfox8.com/2015/07/08/poll-shows-trump-leads-gop-field-in-north-carolina/

Homer+Facepalm.jpg

My wife loves Trump. She's always loved his business savvy. She'd vote for him tomorrow.

I respect the guy but don't think he'd make a good President. But honestly, hasn't the bar been lowered considerably recently? I mean, Obama wasn't any more qualified than the man in the moon. Y'all know I detest the guy but that aside, you can't honestly tell me that his qualifications were worthy of being elected leader of the free world.

Reactions: TennesseeWaltz1
I'd vote for him because he can't be tainted by fundraising and he is anti politically correct

Reactions: TennesseeWaltz1
Every die-hard liberal in the country is praying right now that Trump will be the GOP's choice for POTUS.

BillyL is praying right now that Trump will be the GOP's choice for POTUS ;)

I'm not a die-hard lefty, THN.

I've voted republican plenty of times in my lifetime, with former Gov. Bob McDonnell being the latest . .

Trump rules! Clinton sucks.

Fixed it for ya.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta think it's Trump's stance on illegal aliens that is resonating in NC.

But much ado about nothing.

That stance would resonate with most states and most Americans, not just NC.

Of the southern Red states, only Ga had more illegals in the workforce. I would be curious to see how Trump polls right now in your state.

ETA- I just checked and found that most recent Ga poll was taken before Trump entered. Funnily enough though, Huckabee was leading in that one.

Of the southern Red states, only Ga had more illegals in the workforce. I would be curious to see how Trump polls right now in your state.
Something that the state government has been really trying to address of late. But it's kinda hard to curtail it once it stops. I'm actually surprised by that stat -- I figured NC would be higher. All I can say is, my dad is a small business owner and he 100% demands -- and verifies -- legal residency before extending a job offer. I wish all business owners would do the same (and, you know, I wish NC agricultural plant owners hadn't tried to cut corners in the 90's, leading to massive influx of illegal aliens. Think Siler City.)

ETA- I just checked and found that most recent Ga poll was taken before Trump entered. Funnily enough though, Huckabee was leading in that one.
Georgia, Atlanta notwithstanding of course, is about as red and conservative (socially and politically) as they come.

No idea about his politics, but can Trump announce Cuban as his running mate? Talk about a duo that wouldn't bow down to anyone and wouldn't take crap from anyone.

No idea about his politics, but can Trump announce Cuban as his running mate? Talk about a duo that wouldn't bow down to anyone and wouldn't take crap from anyone.

Yeah, that's why liberals try to belittle Trump. He's actually a scary force for them because he doesn't wilt under liberal pressure. He's not politically correct. He calls it like he sees it. If only more GOP politicians had the balls to stand up to liberal ridiculousness, maybe our country wouldn't be going down the shitter.

With that said, I wouldn't vote for him. I like that he gives liberals hell. But I won't vote for him. It's the same way I feel about Liberty University being in my town. I don't agree with everything Liberty does. But they keep the liberals around here in check. I like that.

Reactions: GACMAN
Yeah, that's why liberals try to belittle Trump. He's actually a scary force for them because he doesn't wilt under liberal pressure. He's not politically correct. He calls it like he sees it. If only more GOP politicians had the balls to stand up to liberal ridiculousness, maybe our country wouldn't be going down the shitter.

With that said, I wouldn't vote for him. I like that he gives liberals hell. But I won't vote for him. It's the same way I feel about Liberty University being in my town. I don't agree with everything Liberty does. But they keep the liberals around here in check. I like that.
Hey, I'm graduating from there with my BA in Dec. Go easy my friend. Liberty U

If Trump governed like he completed projects in New York he would have the effect of a political enema. Lincoln and TR couldn't get elected today with the namby-pamby standards. Reagan only got elected because people were angry after Carter. Obama only got elected because people were angry after Bush. I'm not sure Trump is serious but he's riding a wave of anger both parties are underestimating. Media portrays Trump as mainly anti-immigrant or anti-Mexican when he is mainly anti-party. I keep hearing pundits warn that "Trump is alienating the Republican party" as if he's doing something wrong. The GOP base likes him because he alienated the GOP leaders

Trump is not to be taken litely,he is anti PC in which a lot of people are fed up with.He's not a politician and doesn't need lobbyists or big time donors. That means he doesn't have to ponder to anyone.He has said some things I agree with, but if he chooses Oprah as his running mate then he will fade away like an old photograph.

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. The last thing this country needs at this point is "more of the same"...and that goes for BOTH sides. I've long felt this country needs a leader who is a businessman and - as was mentioned above - isn't swayed by fundraisers or whichever foundation is donating this week. If a few people get hurt feelings along the way, so be it - I'd rather hurt someone's feelings than witness first hand this country go further into the shitter.

If not being swayed by fundraisers is what you're looking for then Bernie Sanders should be your man. Campaign finance reform is actually an integral part of his platform, and it comes without the racist rhetoric. He's also actually qualified for the job and has a very impressive voting history

If not being swayed by fundraisers is what you're looking for then Bernie Sanders should be your man. Campaign finance reform is actually an integral part of his platform, and it comes without the racist rhetoric. He's also actually qualified for the job and has a very impressive voting history
you are joking ? Right?

you are joking ? Right?
Certainly you're for government healthcare, abortion rights, an assault weapons ban, and paying off the national debt by forcing rich people to forfeit 14.25% of their total wealth? Right?

Because these are all things that Trump has publicly argued for.

He still has to answer to those pouring in the $$$$$ to his campaign...Trump doesn't.

He still has to answer to those pouring in the $$$$$ to his campaign...Trump doesn't.

Obviously you haven't been following his campaign. Almost the only people pouring money into his campaign are doing so less than 100 bucks at a time.

No more Clintons.
No more Bushes.

I hope it comes down to Trump vs Sanders. The debates would be awesome.

Obviously you haven't been following his campaign. Almost the only people pouring money into his campaign are doing so less than 100 bucks at a time.

For now. There's no way he won't get serious money from all sorts of donors if he picks up a head of steam.

And the same should be said of Trump- no way will he spend his own money if he can use someone else's.

For now. There's no way he won't get serious money from all sorts of donors if he picks up a head of steam.

And the same should be said of Trump- no way will he spend his own money if he can use someone else's.

He's building his campaign on being a populist movement. He would lose all credibility

Agree on Trump though.

Sanders has NO chance at being President.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT