ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season Superlatives

khalidha

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2001
It's that time of year where the major sports are gone and then there is baseball (or Stanley Cup). So I come up with stuff to keep me from being bored and lonely on the site...lol

Comeback Player of the Year
- Offense - OL William Barnes
- Defense - DL Keeshawn Silver/ DE Desmond Evans

I think all of these guys will take advantage of new coaches. Position coaches or schemes of coordinators. I'm looking at Silver's weight closely...that will tell me how committed he is. He put on too much bad weight too quickly IMO.

MVP
- Offense - WR Downs
- Defense - DL Myles Murphy

I know probably very boring picks here...

Rookie of the Year
- Offense - OL Zach Rice/ WR Andre Greene
- Defense - DL Travis Shaw

OUR THREE MOST TALENTED FRESHMEN AND MAYBE PLAYERS AT THEIR POSITIONS!!! It will be difficult keeping these guys off the field. It will be all about mental preparation and maturity whether they see the field or not.

Surprise Player
- Offense - TE/ WR Bryson Nesbitt/ WR Antione Green
- Defense - Nickel DeAndre Boykins

With Boykins...this is more like the broken clock theory for me. I've been hoping for big things from him for a while. We will see... Again...he may benefit from the scheme change. Nesbitt has been discussed frequently by the Mods but he still has to put up numbers. You can see the talent dripping off this kid but he HAS to clean up the blocking. Green just needs to catch the ball at this point and then make plays. He needs to make those 50/50 plays to make it to the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News