ADVERTISEMENT

PRESIDENT TRUMP

ba-colorful-row-of-firework-shells-pretty-animated-gif-pic.gif

and no pardon for Hillary either. I didn't think former President Obama would do it actually- no love lost between the Clintons and Obamas

I do hope he does positive things and I hope that I have to apologize for doubting him some day but I'm having a hard time seeing it.

What is one thing he could NOT do that he promised that would disappoint you guys the most?

Mr. Uniter is off to a great start . .

and he's the slowest reading sumbitch I've ever heard . . he took a 2 minute speech and dragged it on for 6.

Hands down it was the worst inaugural speech I've ever heard . .

Mr. Uniter is off to a great start . .

and he's the slowest reading sumbitch I've ever heard . . he took a 2 minute speech and dragged it on for 6.

Hands down it was the worst inaugural speech I've ever heard . .
That confirms how great it was!

"Buy American, hire American" love it.

Reactions: nctransplant
Geez . . . where the f*ck is everybody . . ? Is this the smallest crowd ever for a POTUS Inaugural event or what ?

Looks more like an NCState home basketball game to me . .

Obamacare cost me a real cushy, well paying job and it has really hurt but Obamacare also helped so many so I'm really torn about it.

It has only helped some people by SCREWING others. That's ridiculous. I have been selling BCBS health insurance for 10+ years, including under the Obamacare rules ...I speak from real, retail experience. MOST folks are getting hosed by the ACA. Most.

Obamacare cost me a real cushy, well paying job and it has really hurt but Obamacare also helped so many so I'm really torn about it.

It has only helped some people by SCREWING others. That's ridiculous. I have been selling BCBS health insurance for 10+ years, including under the Obamacare rules ...I speak from real, retail experience. MOST folks are getting hosed by the ACA. Most.
I believe you. I do hope Trump comes up with something helpful to everyone. That would definitely change my opinion of him.

EXACTLY. Prior to Obamacare our family insurance was was $550/month ...currently sits at $1275/month for LESS COVERAGE.

The company I work for is 95% single, healthy individuals in their 20's / 30's. We have shopped our insurance as many ways as we possibly can...

Our cost for a single individual is $380 per month...with a $10,000 deductible. Calculate that out annually, and you're left with nearly $15,000 that you would have to spend BEFORE you get any insurance benefit whatsoever. That is atrocious, insane, and just downright criminal. It's the greatest ponzi scheme ever known to mankind.

We literally explain to our staff that it is cheaper to decline coverage and just accept the "non coverage" penalty...and pay everything out of pocket. It's the complete opposite of how this should work.

I believe you. I do hope Trump comes up with something helpful to everyone. That would definitely change my opinion of him.

Honestly, there is NO feasible way to make private health insurance comprehensively "affordable" without underwriting ...same goes for auto insurance, life insurance, all of it. It just doesn't work. You must balance the risk with the cost, otherwise you cannot sustain coverage long term. It's not rocket science.

Get rid of pre-existing condition coverage effective 1/1/18 ...if you already have coverage, you can keep it, regardless of how "sick" you are. But starting next year, underwriting is back and rates follow the risk. And, as always, you can try to get a job that offers group coverage with auto-approval. Of course some folks are going to get screwed but, in my opinion, health insurance is not a RIGHT.

And don't bitch about the rates while you smoke 2 packs a day, eat whatever you want and check the plan options on your iPhone 7 from the front seat of your SUV with a $725 a month payment.

Reactions: nctransplant
Question for anyone not named @BillyL or @UNC71-00. How was his speech? Did he take any shots at anyone or was it diplomatic?

Didn't blow me away, but I was surprised how blunt he was in that moment. I'll be perfectly honest though, I've maintained this all along...I care more about what actions he is about to take than I do his ability to give a speech.

it's helped millions people become healthier...what about when that makes the sick pool smaller and reduces costs?...of course it needs tweaks and i'm sure it wouldve happened, but the facts are undeniable despite what some of these folks here say.

people are eating better, getting preventive care, screenings, and are more aware of what constitutes a healthier lifestyle...well worth the increase, imo.

Reactions: Heels Noir
people are eating better, getting preventive care, screenings, and are more aware of what constitutes a healthier lifestyle...well worth the increase, imo.

Yep there ya go. Stating that it takes GOVERNMENT interference to cause folks to take better care of themselves. (which is BS anyway, our sociery is not healthier) Liberal theology at its finest.

EXACTLY. Prior to Obamacare our family insurance was was $550/month ...currently sits at $1275/month for LESS COVERAGE.

The company I work for is 95% single, healthy individuals in their 20's / 30's. We have shopped our insurance as many ways as we possibly can...

Our cost for a single individual is $380 per month...with a $10,000 deductible. Calculate that out annually, and you're left with nearly $15,000 that you would have to spend BEFORE you get any insurance benefit whatsoever. That is atrocious, insane, and just downright criminal. It's the greatest ponzi scheme ever known to mankind.

We literally explain to our staff that it is cheaper to decline coverage and just accept the "non coverage" penalty...and pay everything out of pocket. It's the complete opposite of how this should work.
That is horrible! I'd just pay the fine too! That's crazy!

There has to be a way to have healthcare for everyone without burdening others. I do hope he figures it out.

Yep there ya go. Stating that it takes GOVERNMENT interference to cause folks to take better care of themselves. (which is BS anyway, our sociery is not healthier) Liberal theology at its finest.

it's not bs, actually...people are healthier and more aware.

of course there are segments, possibly you, that don't care what they eat, drink, or how they live...there are variables always in play...speaking to physicians on the reg, people are getting the message.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT