ADVERTISEMENT

Question ? Greg Webb 2013 recruit

Sep 20, 2012
It was just stated, that he is transferring from a JUCO to Rutgers. What's the scoop on him? I understand that he signed with NC in 2013, but then transferred. Any info will be appreciated. Thank you

4-star recruit, arguably the jewel of the 2013 recruiting class (at least on defense). Redshirted his freshman year and was declared academically ineligible for his sophomore year. Never played a snap at UNC. Transferred to JUCO and now he has committed to Rutgers. Guessing his grades aren't an issue for acceptance?

Sorry to have never seen him in Carolina blue, but I'm happy that he's getting another chance and he'll be playing close to home. Hope he makes the most of the opportunity. Wish him the best.

Savon Huggins can KMA though.
wink.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 10/1 3:28 PM by Raising Heel

Webb just completely stopped going to class. Didn't turn in assignments...nothing. Don't know how they floated his academics through admissions up there. That twitter handle always kinda bothered me as well; @sparcmeup.

This post was edited on 10/2 5:45 AM by heelbent

Doesn't he lose a year of eligilibity? Doesn't the clock start clicking the day a kid gets on campus?

Originally posted by jefro6:

Doesn't he lose a year of eligilibity? Doesn't the clock start clicking the day a kid gets on campus?
I believe since he went JUCO- there is no loss of eligibility. He is cleared for 2015.

^^^ I believe that's correct. Guys have 5 years to play 4. Webb burned his redshirt at UNC, but as long as he didn't play in JUCO he should enter Rutgers as a redshirt freshman with 4 years of eligibility remaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT