ADVERTISEMENT

Rank 'em -- shit hole American cities

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
Rank from most shit hole-y to lease shit hole-y.

Baltimore

Detroit

Columbia, S.C.

Atlanta

Houston

St. Louis

<wild card: add two of your own and rank them accordingly with the rest>

Baltimore

Detroit

Columbia, S.C.

Atlanta

Houston

St. Louis

Luckily, I've only been thru most of these cities and have never had an overnight stay. Based on what I've read / seen, I'll go with...

Detroit
Baltimore
Cleveland
Columbia
Atlanta
Houston
St. Louis
Philadelphia

Reactions: nctransplant

Baltimore

Detroit

Columbia, S.C.

Atlanta

Houston

St. Louis

Chicago has some awesome parts. I’ve enjoyed my 3 visits there. St. Louis is also pretty cool. Baltimore and Columbia, shitholes for sure, don’t have any redeeming qualities like Chicago and St. Louis. I think Atlanta is the home of the NAACP so no thanks. Houston is even worse now than it was and I’ve only been in the Detroit airport.

Philly is a dump but does at least have some history. DC is garbage and is made worse by politicians that work there.

As far as big cities go, I’d never live in any of them. But The following cities would get more consideration than others.

Nashville
Indianapolis
San Diego
Boston
San Antonio
New Orleans (even though its a dump)

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Chicago has some awesome parts. I’ve enjoyed my 3 visits there. St. Louis is also pretty cool. Baltimore and Columbia, shitholes for sure, don’t have any redeeming qualities like Chicago and St. Louis. I think Atlanta is the home of the NAACP so no thanks. Houston is even worse now than it was and I’ve only been in the Detroit airport.

Philly is a dump but does at least have some history. DC is garbage and is made worse by politicians that work there.

As far as big cities go, I’d never live in any of them. But The following cities would get more consideration than others.

Nashville
Indianapolis
San Diego
Boston
San Antonio
New Orleans (even though its a dump)

Boston is actually pretty safe. The only areas that are sketchy are parts of Dorchester and all of Roxbury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT