ADVERTISEMENT

Recommend Me a Sound Bar for My 46" Sony TV . . .

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
$300 - $350 max . . I'm thinking of a ZVOX 450 for around $300 . . it's not available until the end of February though.

Figured you for a larger TV than that . Dont waste the money on the sound bar. Get a bigger tv

Originally posted by Grayhead:

Figured you for a larger TV than that . Dont waste the money on the sound bar. Get a bigger tv
Gray . .

I've got bigger TVs . . . I'm just looking for a sound bar that is in this price range, for a TV that's in the bedroom.

There are times when the wifey is in the living room watching American idol or Dancing with the Stars and I'm in the BR watching a game.

I've never looked into frontal sound only on my TV. Always been a surround sound person. Do you get the same effect with just a higher end sound bar? A nice investment I made was wireless headphones for my TV.

I would've said the same thing a couple of years ago but my experience w Bose products have been kinda shoddy of late.

The noise cancelling earbuds won't hold a charge. I've not taken them back yet but what a pain!

Couple of years ago I bought the tv sound gig w sub woofer and all that. Remote stopped working so they sent me another one. Didn't work either. Then tray stopped opening or shutting until hitting button a few times. Again a big pain to box it up and send back.

I love their stuff, but something has changed quality wise.

I will say the little bluetooth speaker I got for golf cart is the bomb!

I think Bose is good stuff but overpriced. I had a JBL surround back in the day that beat all the Bose systems my friends had. I don't think the size of the TV affects the sound either. The problem is just the flatscreens can't produce good sound, especially when most of it comes from the back of the TV. I've got my surround but my subwoofer is long gone so I've been thinking of a soundbar as well. The darn subwoofer is over $300 and I could get a reasonable soundbar for what I need a lot cheaper than that.

I bought a Vizio soundbar a few years back, but even though it was highly rated, I wasn't happy with it and returned it. I got the Bose CineMate system and it's been fine. It's only front speakers, but you get the separate sub-woofer and plenty of deep bass. Obviously, it's not full surround sound, but I'm very happy with it for the price.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT