ADVERTISEMENT

Ruh roh Zion; it's finally bubbling to the surface...

truetarheelraider0806

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2016
I know this was already out there,but now it is front and center; dook wont be able to hide behind we are a private institution with the feds.... starting to see the flames with the smoke

Follow Follow @DanWetzel
More
In a taped conversation that was not allowed into evidence today, Adidas' Merl Code and Kansas asst Kurtis Townsend discuss the recruitment of Zion Williamson, who wound up at Duke. In arguing for admission, a transcript was read by Code defense atty Mark Moore. (thread)

3:22 PM - 16 Oct 2018
30 Retweets 28 Likes Steven HermansonRyan AckermanJesseLindsey AlsipR E D ?? R E I G NDerekBrandon Bargo™Mark Barrerasai
5 replies 30 retweets 28 likes
Reply 5 Retweet 30 Like 28
New conversation

Dan Wetzel
?
Verified account

@DanWetzel
8m8 minutes ago
More
Code: "Hey, but between me and you, he asked about some stuff ... I know what he's asking for. He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

2 replies 10 retweets 7 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 10 Like 7

Dan Wetzel
?
Verified account

@DanWetzel
7m7 minutes ago
More
Kurtis Townsend: "I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way."

Yep. So, the thought is the Feds would look to see if there were any similarities that appear to have been fulfilled immediately before or after his committment to Duke.

You know like the house his family lives in or where his dad/mom currently work and is their pay commensurate to their position or their specific experience level?

I doubt anything will come of this but are we meant to believe that Zion was asking for all of these extras but chose Duke at the last minute and made no demands whatsoever?

His recruitment was a huge question mark and Duke was never perceived as the leader. The only facts we do have are this evidence but of course Zion decided to forego any and all demands simply for the chance to attend Duke....

Why wasn't this allowed into evidence?

It was read in court, but the judge ruled it wasn't relevant to the current case. It is absolutely relevant to Kansas and likely dook getting hammered.

Poor dookies have to vacate an elite 8 and preseason banner :(

Also... doesnt mean the feds arent looking into Zion with Duke.
Oh yeah, headen, we know they are deep in the rectal exam and exploring every avenue, at both KU & Brown's Chapel/Trinity/dook...ya know, in their history from the wandering about Randolph County looking for a handout, they are still at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT