ADVERTISEMENT

Several NCAA assistant basketball coaches arrested

So that's Auburn, Oklahoma State, USC, and Arizona as the schools.

2 of the shadiest coaches in the land in Sean Miller and Bruce Pearl are two of those head coaches. Curious to learn all the details but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are involved in this.

So that's Auburn, Oklahoma State, USC, and Arizona as the schools.

2 of the shadiest coaches in the land in Sean Miller and Bruce Pearl are two of those head coaches. Curious to learn all the details but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are involved in this.
WSJ is reporting an appeal executive is going to be charged too. I think all of those teams except for auburn are Nike schools.

This could end up getting a whole lot bigger than it currently is. These are federal charges not state charges so they could be looking at significant prison time depending on what the exact charge will be. That gives people a lot of incentive to cooperate and name more names.

I made an announcement on the Premium site several days ago that I have a good friend who is a local AAU coach in the DMV area. I'm using him as a source and working on a telling "bag men" piece and was planning to publish this on the board in several weeks. Of course, my plan is not to mention schools but it would be obvious to many what schools are doing things undercover. Folks, I have been telling you on this board for the last couple of years it has been all about money in the case of many of these players. How many times have I said "Roy does not deal with handlers".

Reactions: gauchoheel
Not good news for UL. I was hoping it would be UK.

"And while he's listed as Player-10 in court documents, part of Louisville's section clearly references the Cardinals' recruitment of late signee Brian "Tugs" Bowen, with Adidas allegedly agreeing "to funnel $100,000 (payable in four installments)" to Bowen's family."

ETA: According to the court docs they have wire taps, electronic surveillance and other hard evidence proving this. It's not just going to be a hearsay deal.

Last edited:
WOW!

USC, Arizona, Ok. St, and Auburn: these are some interesting programs since there have been rumors about all of them in bball and/or football for years!

Maybe the NCAA might have a new toy to play with and will leave us alone! (Probably not though, lol)

Did anyone else hold their breath while reading this either hoping puke or Kentuck would be listed or, more importantly, that UNC would NOT!

WOW!

USC, Arizona, Ok. St, and Auburn: these are some interesting programs since there have been rumors about all of them in bball and/or football for years!

Maybe the NCAA might have a new toy to play with and will leave us alone! (Probably not though, lol)

Did anyone else hold their breath while reading this either hoping puke or Kentuck would be listed or, more importantly, that UNC would NOT!

It will be hard to get WWW who is the bag rep for Kentucky. There are too many layers. The only chance is to get federal prosecutors to interview WWW under oath. Also, to inteview several former Kentucky players under oath. No one has been able to touch WWW in 30 years.

We (okay, many of us) suspected this for years. Wonder who rolled?
A "public research University in Ky"...oh, dear not any hookers, eh Ricky? :eek:
As to Little, isn't he a 75% lean o UNC anyway...

Sometimes the smartest people are on the criminal side!

And sometimes they are Capel!

And those schools for the most part have been punching above their weight with recruiting. Hmm.....

Think this is going to be huge. The shoe companies have been a known shady vehicle for recruiting for years, but the NCAA was never willing to crack down on them. Looks like that might change now.

I wonder if this is the "Seismic" shift Fran Franschilla was talking about.

I assume UNC isn't involved. Is this the entire list?

Not good news for UL. I was hoping it would be UK.

"And while he's listed as Player-10 in court documents, part of Louisville's section clearly references the Cardinals' recruitment of late signee Brian "Tugs" Bowen, with Adidas allegedly agreeing "to funnel $100,000 (payable in four installments)" to Bowen's family."

ETA: According to the court docs they have wire taps, electronic surveillance and other hard evidence proving this. It's not just going to be a hearsay deal.

Uh oh Scooby, cases are not brought on hearsay so this is a big mess for at least 4 Universities.

I find it unbelievably stupid for a program already on probation to still keep doing such blatant dirt! If U of L is really the program referenced, Pitino is a real gangster!

Could mods combine both threads?

Never thought I'd see the day the shoe companies actually get hit. Gonna be an interesting basketball season.

I might scratch my head at some of Roy's recruiting tactics, but im so thankful he's not one of these types of guys.

Hey Nassir & Simi, y'all see this?? ;)

Reactions: Sk1310
Think this is going to be huge. The shoe companies have been a known shady vehicle for recruiting for years, but the NCAA was never willing to crack down on them. Looks like that might change now.

Strongly doubt that will be the whole list but it is very interesting that it took the FBI to bring this public rather than the NCAA. I would be shocked, more than shocked if there is such a thing for UNC to have been involved in any of this.

Even many of our own fans may laugh at me for saying this but I do strongly believe that UNC is and has been one of the cleanest programs in the NCAA. Yes, of course we have and have had some skeletons in our closet but not nearly to the extent most of the NCAA has. The big deal made out of our AFAM issues is nothing but smoke, not that it was a great thing but that it was minor compared to what goes on at most of the blue blood NCAA schools. The reason the AFAM stuff was treated as such a big deal is that we were the NCAA's gold standard program and everyone wanted to take us down a notch so they would not look as bad.

Miami and UL are involved. Adidas sponsors a lot of schools. If their executive wants to plead out, there are lots of schools he could name.

Reddit claimed he paid 100k for Bowen. If it's true, I have to imagine that's the end of his career.

It could mean LVille's program gets the death sentence...Expect the hammer to fall extra hard on them.

Strongly doubt that will be the whole list but it is very interesting that it took the FBI to bring this public rather than the NCAA. I would be shocked, more than shocked if there is such a thing for UNC to have been involved in any of this.

Even many of our own fans may laugh at me for saying this but I do strongly believe that UNC is and has been one of the cleanest programs in the NCAA. Yes, of course we have and have had some skeletons in our closet but not nearly to the extent most of the NCAA has. The big deal made out of our AFAM issues is nothing but smoke, not that it was a great thing but that it was minor compared to what goes on at most of the blue blood NCAA schools. The reason the AFAM stuff was treated as such a big deal is that we were the NCAA's gold standard program and everyone wanted to take us down a notch so they would not look as bad.

You are correct Dave, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Another thing that will end soon....OAD...gone within 2-3 years.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT