ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at UNC Chapel Hill

Reports are 1 person was killed, no others hurt. I think it was more of a straight up murder situation rather than an active shooter situation.

Reactions: randman1
Reports are 1 person was killed, no others hurt. I think it was more of a straight up murder situation rather than an active shooter situation.

Good thing it was just a murder, we should have told those kids they were safe.

Good thing it was just a murder, we should have told those kids they were safe.

I know where you trying to take this and not only is it unwarranted because I didn’t offer any commentary other than the reports of what I had seen, but it’s disgusting if you’re leveraging this to make some political point, which your response to me would suggest.

I know where you trying to take this and not only is it unwarranted because I didn’t offer any commentary other than the reports of what I had seen, but it’s disgusting if you’re leveraging this to make some political point, which your response to me would suggest.
You actually don’t know shit.

You actually don’t know shit.

200w.gif

The terror is the same. A decade ago you heard a pop and you thought it is a vehicle backfiring, or ask yourself what sports victory might result in fireworks. If it really sounded like a gun you might suspect domestic issues, hopefully not workplace rage. But now you have heavily armed people shooting for random reasons of hate. For all we know this guy had a single bullet, and threw the gun into a dumpster, regardless, now you hear a pop and you start looking for exits and safety.

The terror is the same. A decade ago you heard a pop and you thought it is a vehicle backfiring, or ask yourself what sports victory might result in fireworks. If it really sounded like a gun you might suspect domestic issues, hopefully not workplace rage. But now you have heavily armed people shooting for random reasons of hate. For all we know this guy had a single bullet, and threw the gun into a dumpster, regardless, now you hear a pop and you start looking for exits and safety.
c'mon man. I'm pretty sure there aren't bands of heavily-armed, raving mad ex-employees roaming through your neighborhood looking for someone to blow away. That pop is just a vehicle backfiring or fireworks resulting from some sports victory. I hear them occasionally and I'm not even hiding under my bed.

I suggest voting for a law and order type so you can stop worrying so much.

donald-trump-shaking-head-cz36xeky9eop7vcp.gif

Oh, and maybe do what I did and stop watching/listening to the hysteria-inducing news media.

And get yourself a gun.

^ Check out the privilege on white bread here. A decade ago, kids in ghettos were walking to the bodega, doing homework and going to bed surrounded by gunfire. Same for 3 decades ago. And they knew exactly what it was. I’m pretty sure they didn’t believe it to be fireworks or cars backfiring. Only now that it affects rich, white college kids, you want to use it as some evidence of the world gone mad. Before, it was just a bunch of poor, black folks shooting other poor, black folks. Your racism is showing.

Not to speak for gsd but I think he was just pointing out the shooting seems to be a targeted isolated event as opposed to someone walking on campus and blasting such as va tech. In all honesty it seemed to be a case of over reaction from officials and media. But these days one can understand the hysteria I guess.

Not to speak for gsd but I think he was just pointing out the shooting seems to be a targeted isolated event as opposed to someone walking on campus and blasting such as va tech. In all honesty it seemed to be a case of over reaction from officials and media. But these days one can understand the hysteria I guess.

1504107477_098483_1504115430_sumario_normal.gif

Yes, it was an overaction.
But can you blame them? That was my point.

In the past kids at colleges and schools could simply avoid ghettos and ghetto-adjacent bodegas to avoid being accidental part of a drive-by and also not hang out with gang-bangers to avoid direct bullets. It was unfortunate if they lived in the ghetto and therefore couldn't avoid it. But now we have rage-based killers that target people due to random reasons or race happening once a month. You hear something like gunfire at a public place and sadly you can't assume that it is fireworks or backfiring.

^ Check out the privilege on white bread here. A decade ago, kids in ghettos were walking to the bodega, doing homework and going to bed surrounded by gunfire. Same for 3 decades ago. And they knew exactly what it was. I’m pretty sure they didn’t believe it to be fireworks or cars backfiring. Only now that it affects rich, white college kids, you want to use it as some evidence of the world gone mad. Before, it was just a bunch of poor, black folks shooting other poor, black folks. Your racism is showing.
Is it racist to be priviledge enough to not live in a ghetto? I don't think so.

Is it ignorant for you to not know that ghetto violence is typically not random (domestic issues which I stated, or gang-related), rather targeted. I do think so.

There are more acts of random killings in public (aka mass shooting), it seems you are ignoring this for some reason or you're just a dumbass.

Is it racist to be priviledge enough to not live in a ghetto? I don't think so.

Is it ignorant for you to not know that ghetto violence is typically not random (domestic issues which I stated, or gang-related), rather targeted. I do think so.

There are more acts of random killings in public (aka mass shooting), it seems you are ignoring this for some reason or you're just a dumbass.

Does it matter to the dead people if the act was random or not? I don't think so.

Is it hysterical to believe the hype that every situation involving a gun is some random act? I do think so.

This was targeted. If kids were jumping out of windows, it's because the media has conditioned them all to believe that mass shooters are behind every corner and an over reaction, which may be understandable based on how the media has publicized every event that's happened thus far. In other words, if the media didn't cover mass shootings like they did, would those students have jumped out the window?

The world is a dangerous place. Always has been. I understand the risk to living. However, I don't choose to live life with those risks on my mind. And I'm certainly not going to punish law abiding citizens because of the dastardly deeds of criminals.

But by all means, please don't let me get in the way of your racist, phony, virtue signaling.

Reactions: nctransplant
Does it matter to the dead people if the act was random or not? I don't think so.

Is it hysterical to believe the hype that every situation involving a gun is some random act? I do think so.

This was targeted. If kids were jumping out of windows, it's because the media has conditioned them all to believe that mass shooters are behind every corner and an over reaction, which may be understandable based on how the media has publicized every event that's happened thus far. In other words, if the media didn't cover mass shootings like they did, would those students have jumped out the window?

The world is a dangerous place. Always has been. I understand the risk to living. However, I don't choose to live life with those risks on my mind. And I'm certainly not going to punish law abiding citizens because of the dastardly deeds of criminals.

But by all means, please don't let me get in the way of your racist, phony, virtue signaling.
How is it racist, phony, virtue signaling to explain why UNC students are jumping from windows when they hear that there is an undetained person on campus who just shot someone?

Midwestern kids may "live in fear" due to media coverage of Tornados, OR because they hear second-hand accounts of the carnage. Regardless, fear of tornados is warranted, and when you hear the alarm go off you are conditioned to act appropriately, due to school tornado drills or what your parents told you, etc. Same goes for the kids jumping out of the windows.

How is it racist, phony, virtue signaling to explain why UNC students are jumping from windows when they hear that there is an undetained person on campus who just shot someone?

It's racist, phony virtue signaling because gangs have been randomly shooting people in the ghettos for decades and still do daily, yet you and your liberal brethren didn't have much to say about that. It was only after white college students are shown jumping out of windows that you and others can use the situation to scare people into making changes to gun laws.

It's racist, phony virtue signaling because gangs have been randomly shooting people in the ghettos for decades and still do daily, yet you and your liberal brethren didn't have much to say about that. It was only after white college students are shown jumping out of windows that you and others can use the situation to scare people into making changes to gun laws.
Come on, it couldn't be racist and we don't even have to look at what was said. Blaze is a flaming lib. By today's definition, he can't be or say anything racist. How could you make such an outrageous error in judgment? Besides, it's being reported that the shooter had previously been at Wuhan University, so he may be the victim here. (sarcasm of course).

not unless you're a white guy who has wound up in the wrong part of Chicago or Los Angeles. Otherwise, the chance of you getting rando'ed by a bullet is less than me getting a handy from Kate Beckinsale while riding a cruise missile to the Kremlin to ask Putin to please hold it down a little. You can't even figure chances that miniscule.

Notice I said rando'ed. Individual intentional targeting wise, YMMV.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Otherwise, the chance of you getting rando'ed by a bullet is less than me getting a handy from Kate Beckinsale while riding a cruise missile to the Kremlin to ask Putin to please hold it down a little.
My bet is on the bullet.

giphy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: blazers

Midwestern kids may "live in fear" due to media coverage of Tornados, OR because they hear second-hand accounts of the carnage. Regardless, fear of tornados is warranted, and when you hear the alarm go off you are conditioned to act appropriately, due to school tornado drills or what your parents told you, etc. Same goes for the kids jumping out of the windows.
lol, I'm sure 'Midwestern kids live in fear of a tornado taking them out. Even though the chances of them encountering a tornado is probably greater than the chance of a stray AR-15 bullet from a triggered lunatic finding your sorry liberal butt, they aren't huddled in a storm shelter and soiling themselves.

The fear of a tornado is normally reserved for the one you see heading your way, just as your fear of a bullet should be reserved for when you can see a gun associated with that pop sound.

Enough with the media-driven hysteria. It will be OK, unless it isn't.

My bet is on the bullet.

giphy.gif
I know. I just threw that cruise missile part in to be funny.

But thanks for the picture, like I needed to see that. I mean it isn't like I was already imagining doing filthy things to her or anything.

Where were the parents at? And look where it's at. Middle America, now it's a tragedy, now it's so sad to see, an upper class city having this happening.

cc: @toophly1124

lol, I'm sure 'Midwestern kids live in fear of a tornado taking them out. Even though the chances of them encountering a tornado is probably greater than the chance of a stray AR-15 bullet from a triggered lunatic finding your sorry liberal butt, they aren't huddled in a storm shelter and soiling themselves.

The fear of a tornado is normally reserved for the one you see heading your way, just as your fear of a bullet should be reserved for when you can see a gun associated with that pop sound.
"Live in fear" is tongue in cheek, but at nite if you hear the alarms get tripped, your ears perk up and you think of the place you go when you start to hear the train. Just like the students weren't "in fear" til til were told one person shot another person on campus.

"Live in fear" is tongue in cheek, but at nite if you hear the alarms get tripped, your ears perk up and you think of the place you go when you start to hear the train. Just like the students weren't "in fear" til til were told one person shot another person on campus.

The students were reacting to exactly what I referenced as time to react, the sound of gunfire and the gun that made the sound.

I'm talking about your irrational fear when you lie in bed at nite imagining that the click you hear is the shooter in the closet loading a magazine into his assault rifle.

It's probably just a handgun. No worries.

It's racist, phony virtue signaling because gangs have been randomly shooting people in the ghettos
You are gullible, dumb, and racist enough to think that gangs shoot randomly, no surprise you'd think this. Let me correct you: they aren't choosing their targets randomly, the targets are due to turf wars or drug-traffic-conflict. Innocent bystanders get hit all the time, but those are accidental targets in contrast to the rage killings / mass shootings that have spiked in the last decade.
for decades and still do daily, yet you and your liberal brethren didn't have much to say about that.
For decades libs have been pro gun control. Right? Gawd you're dumb.

The students were reacting to exactly what I referenced as time to react, the sound of gunfire and the gun that made the sound.

I'm talking about your irrational fear when you lie in bed at nite imagining that the click you hear is the shooter in the closet loading a magazine into his assault rifle.

It's probably just a handgun. No worries.
giphy.gif

You are gullible, dumb, and racist enough to think that gangs shoot randomly, no surprise you'd think this. Let me correct you: they aren't choosing their targets randomly, the targets are due to turf wars or drug-traffic-conflict. Innocent bystanders get hit all the time, but those are accidental targets in contrast to the rage killings / mass shootings that have spiked in the last decade.

For decades libs have been pro gun control. Right? Gawd you're dumb.

Umm, yes, gangs attack random people frequently. Gangs often make new recruits kill or rape random people for initiation into the gang. This information comes directly from the gang unit leading detective for the local police department, with whom I work closely when I’m regularly saving the world for my day job. But I get it, you read the New York Times! Lol.

Sure, turf and drugs is more common. So what? Gangs don’t give a shit when there is collateral damage. So what difference does it make if the spraying of guns in poor black neighborhoods is targeted or not?

If you knew half of what you think you know, you’d be less stupid. And you might be a little less racist too. I advise just shutting the f*ck up and letting smarter people teach you a thing or two. If not, then someone is probably going to teach you a thing or two.

Last edited:
Some comments on here are kind of weird and notably forgetting that UNC has had a prior legit active shooter situation whereas this was just plain ole murder.

Some comments on here are kind of weird and notably forgetting that UNC has had a prior legit active shooter situation whereas this was just plain ole murder.

I was on campus when Wendell did that. My reaction to something that sounds like potential gunshot would be WAY different now than then.

I was on campus when Wendell did that. My reaction to something that sounds like potential gunshot would be WAY different now than then.
Guess you have never lived in or near a low income area where such sounds and shots are common.

Guess you have never lived in or near a low income area where such sounds and shots are common.
Rosemary wasn't low income, so why would you apply the same awareness or feelings as a low income 'hood?
Also in low income they are common but targeted (domestic or gang/territory) rather than random, thus easier to stay and feel safe.

Rosemary wasn't low income, so why would you apply the same awareness or feelings as a low income 'hood?
Also in low income they are common but targeted (domestic or gang/territory) rather than random, thus easier to stay and feel safe.
I wasn't referring to Rosemary or even Chapel Hill.

One thing you are leaving out is one can be the target, and there are random attacks as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT