ADVERTISEMENT

So basically they are going to release this ncaa crap Friday before LNWR

No one knows if it comes out on a Friday that is good you don't want it on a Monday or Tuesday Friday probably means men's bball and football are gonna be ok

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2
What makes you guys confident that men's hoops is going to be ok in the short term? Long term path to safety is obvious.

No one knows if it comes out on a Friday that is good you don't want it on a Monday or Tuesday Friday probably means men's bball and football is gonna be ok

What does it matter if it comes out on Friday or Monday? If they drop the hammer, it will be plastered on sport sites for weeks.

Reactions: rojas
The thread last week had guys saying that one of the guys even said it was gloom and doom in the offices, well it didn't even come out then so that was a reach.. Now guys are saying the same thing with really nothing to go on but guessing or timing of the release... Truth is it has not been released and nobody knows yet..

Reactions: rojas
I think the fact that nobody has even tried to answer your question tells us the answer here: Nobody knows, but hopefully.

The thread last week had guys saying that one of the guys even said it was gloom and doom in the offices, well it didn't even come out then so that was a reach.. Now guys are saying the same thing with really nothing to go on but guessing or timing of the release... Truth is it has not been released and nobody knows yet..

Yes it was gloom and doom. Unc was notified the penalties were gonna be released the same day as they kicked off a huge fund raiser. So yea, they were not happy in south bldg. Then the admin decided to ask ncaa to push it back and ncaa did.

Reactions: waynewolf
Hearing they are hammering us ridiculously hard. Guess we will find out soon.

You seem to "hear" a great deal. You might want to go see your doctor if you are hearing voices.
As a couple posters have stated above, I will go with what coach said the other day.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
You seem to "hear" a great deal. You might want to go see your doctor if you are hearing voices.
As a couple posters have stated above, I will go with what coach said the other day.
Lol. Go try and insult someone else. I don't have time for your stupid comments.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Thanks and your posts speak for themselves.
Trollolol.

Anywho back to the topic at hand, if the report comes out Friday I have to feel that hurts with our visits with recruits this weekend. (Or helps). They would be walking in just the exactly wrong time regarding all the attention that is going to be getting.

Friday is the news dump day it's when. Stories come out that the people with agendas ie ncaa want stuff to co.e out especially when it doesn't favor you. For the NCAA everyone will turn their focus to football rather quickly by Monday all people will want to talk about are the games from from Sunday. Effectively relegating their news to the back burner.

Friday is the news dump day it's when. Stories come out that the people with agendas ie ncaa want stuff to co.e out especially when it doesn't favor you. For the NCAA everyone will turn their focus to football rather quickly by Monday all people will want to talk about are the games from from Sunday. Effectively relegating their news to the back burner.

Agreed. Even better if a natural disaster hits or Trump tweets something highly offensive.

*that was a joke, people. Relax.

Maybe if you paid for premium content, you could spend less time being wrong and less time making...attempts (?) at belittling others.

Where are you hearing this?
Lots of people are saying it, on this site and others. Too many people in the know are saying it for it not to be true.

Lots of people are saying it, on this site and others. Too many people in the know are saying it for it not to be true.

But who are these people? Are they just poasters like @imajericho? I'm going to need to know the source before I put any stock in what they're "hearing".

But really, what does it matter what he's hearing or what she's hearing? It will be what it will be. I reckon I don't want to know until it's official anyway. If it's bad, I'll wait.

Maybe if you paid for premium content, you could spend less time being wrong and less time making...attempts (?) at belittling others.

I didn't wanna outright say that, but yeah, one person in particular posted what he was hearing, which seemed to be quite believable to me.

We will see though. Have to remember that a Friday news dump could be to help minimize it on our end. We already pushed it back from a fundraiser to minimize its impact. Why if we know it is just good news?

I kind of feel there is a chance this even gets pushed back to next week due to LNWR. Maybe not, but it does seem weird we haven't heard a peep yet regarding it this week.

Not sure I like your tone, since I'm just offering you information lol.

But yes, it's going to be bad.

Not sure how you interpret tone from written word but let's forget about that and continue.

Ok, so all these informed people are saying it's going to be bad. Are they offering specifics? What is "bad"?

Look, we went through the same crap last week and it turned out to be a big pot of nothing. So why exactly are we expecting this to be released before LNWR? Let alone that the information is going to be devastating?

This thread was started without a single ounce of actual information being provided, and there isn't a single article or reference in this thread to any information being released, nor on the internet itself. Hell, not even the N&O has jumped on the chance to cover this, and we know that's their bread and butter. So what gives?

The university said last week they didn't receive anything from the NCAA, yet everyone here has come to the exact opposite conclusion.

If it hasn't been released, how can anyone "know" anything. Is the NCAA dropping hints? Leaks?

Reactions: Sk1310

Wow, so you can pony up your $10 fee and get rubbish as well as anyone else. You do understand your "premium" content is also available elsewhere and not at a fee. As to a "source" being this site, okay, interesting that, as pointed out, they and no other major outlet has anything.

Wow, so you can pony up your $10 fee and get rubbish as well as anyone else. You do understand your "premium" content is also available elsewhere and not at a fee. As to a "source" being this site, okay, interesting that, as pointed out, they and no other major outlet has anything.
No need to (continue) to be an asshole. I choose to financially support things I enjoy. You're wrong on this one, but you have the right to think and believe what you want.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Nobody has the information. But, the rumblings have been bad. Could it be worst fears? Sure. But, that is what the rumblings are though.

That said, as far as before LNWR, I believe LNWR is Friday? I think the fact we haven't heard anything still means a Friday release, just this week instead of last, is possible which would be before LNWR?

Journalists have these crazy things called sources that they can get information from, even on stuff that hasn't officially come out yet!

Like Yahoo Sports:
Nassir Little said UNC coach Roy Williams has insinuated to him that the Tar Heels won’t receive a significant punishment from the NCAA. He said that Williams has not told him of the specific punishment, but told him generally: “It’s not necessarily an athletic thing,” he said Williams told him. “It wasn’t just the basketball team involved in it. They’re not going to be penalized as people suggest.”

No need to (continue) to be an asshole. I choose to financially support things I enjoy. You're wrong on this one, but you have the right to think and believe what you want.

I enjoy your posts and appreciate your opinion. As to supporting things, I have supported UNC sports by way of the Rams Club years ago, then as it evolved through the Ed Found, my money is in support of our student/athletes.

As to assholes, there are a few around this site.

I enjoy your posts and appreciate your opinion. As to supporting things, I have supported UNC sports by way of the Rams Club years ago, then as it evolved through the Ed Found, my money is in support of our student/athletes.

As to assholes, there are a few around this site.
I'm a Rams Club donor too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT