ADVERTISEMENT

So is...

Strong chance of rain and thunderstorms so not really the day to put your boat out on lake Marion or Moultree.

Chapel Hill's forecast this Tuesday: Prepare for a 'Lubin-tastic' day! With Ven-Allen Lubin in town, expect sunny skies, a slight chance of rain from rival recruiters shedding tears, and a high probability of Tar Heels fans doing the happy dance. It's a 'Ven-sational' day to be a Tar Heel!

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Especially since every day is a GDTBATH!

Join the Family Mr. Lubin!
We'll help you glide into success!

• Haha
Reactions: RP12
So far with the NIL in place it looks like these guys take a trip everywhere and just see who can come up with the most money …

It may be their only pay day you never really know

NIL players in the late stages of the Portal are not 1st round draft picks or maybe not at all

Before your shipped off to whatever country you will be playing in might as well take some money

Does anybody have any visit feedback?
No commitment…Looks like another swing and miss…At this point just play with the 10 you have…It’s looking like UNC is trying to get deals on players and not paying the asking price…That is something as a program you don’t want to be perceived as moving forward in the Portal Era…

I just knew this guy would be a Tar Heel before he left campus…

No commitment…Looks like another swing and miss…At this point just play with the 10 you have…It’s looking like UNC is trying to get deals on players and not paying the asking price…That is something as a program you don’t want to be perceived as moving forward in the Portal Era…

I just knew this guy would be a Tar Heel before he left campus…
If it is a "miss" it will be on his end, not ours. Lubin initiated the contact but the question will be as to how realistic his expectations are. I'll leave it at that for now.

I’m so losing interest in the college game. Not interested in the best paid team wins it all. I can’t be alone. The college game has lost all the flame it gave me year after year.
You’re definitely not alone. Makes me wonder what Dean would think of the game today

Reactions: gary-7 and Archer2
I’m so losing interest in the college game. Not interested in the best paid team wins it all. I can’t be alone. The college game has lost all the flame it gave me year after year.
I don’t think you’re alone in that regard, not by a long shot. Dean would be appalled. The inherent greed in mankind will ultimately be our undoing.

College basketball is now just like the movie Blue Chips. The name on the front of the jersey is an afterthought. Guys who know they won't make the nba are now shopping for those big paydays in college. I don't blame them for taking advantage while the market for their services is hot I just don't like what college basketball has become.

I really wonder how many of those jerseys would end up hanging in the rafters if they were in today's world. Vince's frustrations freshman year were known, if that happens today does he stick with it in Chapel Hill or transfer? Berry stated that he thought about transferring, if NIL was available would he have taken a sweetheart deal and moved on?

I don’t think you’re alone in that regard, not by a long shot. Dean would be appalled. The inherent greed in mankind will ultimately be our undoing.
One man's greed is another man's rational self-interest. These kids have an opportunity to make life changing money and for many it will be their only chance to do so in basketball, especially since the game is world wide now in terms of NBA talent for basically the same number of spots. The money long term will only be there in relation to the value that they actually provide to a team. It's frustrating as a fan for sure but the forces behind it were there already. To me it's no different than trying to get the most you can selling your house or car, or more directly in getting paid for the value you create in any job.

ETA: this is another opportunity for Carolina to show that it does things differently, hopefully the "right way". In this case being honest with players on the roster and those you're recruiting should pay off by having better chemistry, trust, and getting kids who want to be here and compete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT