ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

I’m not calling for a coach’s head but it does feel like some fresh ideas would help make them more competitive.

I think it's pretty well known in the softball world that until Papa retires (on her own will or forced), UNC will continue to be mediocre at best. They have good resources to be good. Just need a new face leading the program. It happens to the best of them.

Well they are playing better, or is it the competitions that they have been playing which resulted in some wins?
It makes you wonder. I never have understood why UNC is not more competitive in a sport that is growing quickly, especially on TV.

The team made great strides toward the latter part of the season, but they are not where they need to be in terms of being competitive. Expect and early exit for them, and hopefully they will improve their recruiting in the near future.

Reactions: JohnGwaltney
The team made great strides toward the latter part of the season, but they are not where they need to be in terms of being competitive. Expect and early exit for them, and hopefully they will improve their recruiting in the near future.
They fought hard but Clemson made the plays late that needed to be made.

Wish her well, but we need an upgrade with the softball team, hopefully they will be able to land a good candidate to replace her. Team has been under performing for many years, we need to be competitive within the ACC.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Megan is the shot in the arm that the women's softball team needs, truly believe in 3 to 5 years she will have this team completing in the NCAA softball tournament. Recruiting will be an asset for her, and do not be surprise if some of the players at Coastal Carolina decides to follow her at UNC.

How stupid is accn…on unc day they show the softball team lose against va tech. Not really what I would expect but they don’t call them dspn for nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: ohio tarheels
Just want to give a shout out to Megan Smith Lyon, she has the women's softball team playing competitive so far this year, realize it's still early but they are much improved. This has been one of the non revenue sports that has been lagging behind the others, for a long time. She has injected some enthusiasm into the women's softball team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT