ADVERTISEMENT

Survivor Pool 2021: Tie-Breaker AND ACC Championship Game Contest Entries Now Posted (Posts 27 & 28)

jim0742

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2004
Rocky Mount NC
Survivor Pool 2021: Official Tie-Breaker Thread & ACC Championship Game (ACCCG) Contest

*** 2 CONTESTANTS COMPLETED THE 2021 FOOTBALL SEASON IN THE SURVIVORS BRACKET !!!!!!!
One of these 2 (@FrontierFlyer or @Harv1) will be our Champion, and the other will finish 2nd via our tie-breaker (see below). All other contestants still in the contest will continue to vie for Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth etc. Places.

Congrats to @FrontierFlyer and @Harv1 !!

Current Standings (prior to tie-breaking) for all 71 contestants are listed in next post. On the left, contestants are listed in “Place Order.” On the right, contestants are listed in alphabetic order.

The ACC Championship game will be held on Saturday, December 4th, and it will feature a matchup of Wake Forest vs. Pittsburgh. It will also determine the final standings for Survivor Pool 2021. All 71 contestants are permitted to make tie-breaking predictions, which will be used to break any ties that exist, AND will also be used as entries to the ACCCG Contest.

Submitting Your Tie-Breaker & ACCCG Contest Predictions:

There will be three acceptable ways for making tie-breaker and ACCCG Contest predictions (the first two are the preferred methods)):
  • By submitting a personal “Conversation” to jim0742. This will provide secrecy for your predictions. A personal conversation can be started by clicking on your Conversation button at the top-right of any THI screen (the button between your Screen Name and the Alert Button), and follow the instructions to “Start a New Conversation.”
  • By submitting an e-mail to me at taylor0742@peoplepc.com. This also will provide secrecy for your predictions.
  • By posting to this thread. This will not provide secrecy for your predictions, but will allow you to enter if the other two methods fail.
On the subject line of your personal conversation or your e-mail, please enter “Survivor Tie-Breaker.” In the text, please include the following:
  • Your Screen Name
  • Prediction for Tie-Breaker #1 (Total points scored)
  • Prediction for Tie-Breaker #2 (Number of points scored by winning team)
  • Prediction for Tie-Breaker #3 (Total points scored in the 4th quarter)
  • Prediction for Tie-Breaker #4 (Number of points scored by winning team in the 4th quarter)
The deadline for tie-breaking entries is 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 3rd. As soon as practical after the deadline, I will post all tie-breaking predictions to this thread so you will be able to see each prediction and monitor them during the championship game. As contestants submit their tie-breaker predictions, I will confirm their entry with a “reply.” I will also update the contestant listing in the “Standings Post” to reflect their entry was submitted with a “Yes.”

The Tie-breaking Rules:

Tie-breakers will be applied one at a time. All ties broken by the 1st tie-breaker will be final. If the 1st tie-breaker fails to break all ties, the 2nd tie-breaker will be applied to any contestants still tied. If the 2nd tie-breaker fails to break all ties, the 3rd tie-breaker will be applied to any contestants still tied, etc. The tie-breakers are as follows:
  • The closest prediction of the total number of points scored in the championship game.
  • The closest prediction of the number of points scored by the winning team in the championship game.
  • The closest prediction of the total number of points scored in the 4th quarter of the championship game.
  • The closest prediction of the number of points scored by the winning team in the 4th quarter of the championship game.
It does not matter whether the predictions are over or under the actual number – just whichever prediction is the closest. If these four tie-breakers do not break specific ties, the contestants involved will be ruled to have finished in a tie.

Please see the next post for current standings and to see which contestants have submitted tie-breaking entries.

For the record, I have submitted my tie-breaker selections prior to posting this thread. I sent my predictions to @andrewjones at 5:43 p.m. on November 27th.

Week #13 Results:

Survivors Bracket: There were 4 contestants in the Survivors Bracket at the beginning of the week. All 4 made a selection.

Winning/Losing Selections:

winslosses
Clemson…………..
1​
0​
Duke………………
0​
1​
Louisville………….
0​
1​
Miami………………
1​
0​
………Total……….
2​
2​

Results:
2 contestants selected a winning team and end the contest in the Survivors Bracket.
2 contestants selected a losing team and will drop into the Losers Bracket.

Losers Bracket: There were 12 contestants in the Losers Bracket at the beginning of the week. All 12 made a selection.

Winning/Losing Selections

winslosses
Duke………………
0​
4​
Georgia Tech…….
0​
1​
Louisville………….
0​
4​
Miami………………
1​
0​
Virginia Tech……..
1​
0​
Virginia……………
0​
1​
………Total……….
2​
10​

Results:
2 contestants selected a winning team and remain in the Losers Bracket.
10 contestants selected a losing team and will drop into the LL Bracket.
2 contestants dropped from the Survivors Bracket into the Losers Bracket.
4 contestants ended the contest in the Losers Bracket.

LL Bracket: There were 11 contestants in the LL Bracket at the beginning of the week. All 11 made a selection.

Winning/Losing Selections

winslosses
Duke………………
0​
2​
Georgia Tech…….
0​
2​
Miami………………
2​
0​
UNC……………….
0​
2​
Virginia……………
0​
3​
………Total……….
2​
9​

Results:
2 contestants selected a winning team and remain in the LL Bracket.
9 contestants selected a losing team and will be eliminated.
10 contestants dropped from the Losers Bracket into the LL Bracket.
12 contestants end the contest in the LL Bracket.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News