ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Caleb for recruiting Nance to UNC!

Grover Thomas

Junior
Sep 23, 2001
Story from Brendan Marks of The Athletic

And so does North Carolina. That’s what makes Love’s trip to Chicago all the more interesting. He didn’t just get better there; UNC’s team did, because during Love’s workouts there, he got hooked up with a promising power forward who happened to know the area well: former Northwestern forward Pete Nance. “I wasn’t even thinking about going back to school at all at that time,” Nance says. “Him and his dad were there, and they had kinda mentioned it to me, just in passing.” Nance participated in the G League combine, but didn’t earn an invite to the main event. Soon after, he announced his return to college, and that he’d be entering the transfer portal. Love, almost immediately, started his sales pitch.

“I knew that Love was definitely a big focal point of this team,” Nance says. “It definitely was appealing to me, to show that this guy, he wants to win — and he’s selfless to where he’s recruiting somebody else to the team.”

Nance’s official visit to North Carolina ultimately sold him on joining the nation’s No. 1 preseason team, but his familiarity with Love and that personal touch played a key role, too. .

Pretty soon you’ll be thanking love for his role in the 82 and 93 titles.
Yes…..Love had something to do with us winning those titles too. If MJ didn’t have Love in his heart….he wouldn’t have hit the winning shot.

The entire 93 quad embraced the power of Love.

So yes, Love was responsible for those titles!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
Yes…..Love had something to do with us winning those titles too. If MJ didn’t have Love in his heart….he wouldn’t have hit the winning shot.

The entire 93 quad embraced the power of Love.

So yes, Love was responsible for those titles!!!!
Good to have your objectivity back again Grover, thought you might have been working too hard, or on vacation.😃😃😃

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT