ADVERTISEMENT

That was a BIG win!

PolkCountyBullGator

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
1. Coaches and players getting crucified by internet experts and fair weather fans.

2. Playing in Coral Gables is never easy.

3. It was great seeing Larranaga being humbled. He's real uppity and stand offish when he wins. Not today. [/B]
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Big, Big win.

[/B]

Originally posted by PolkCountyBullGator:
1. Coaches and players getting crucified by internet experts and fair weather fans.

2. Playing in Coral Gables is never easy.

3. It was great seeing Larranaga being humbled. He's real uppity and stand offish when he wins. Not today. [/B]
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Big, Big win.

[/B]
Dang right it was, and I am happy to see a game where we are finally not totally boned by the refs down in Miami.

Go Heels!! Go Heels!! Go Heels!!

Great Road Win Team!!!!

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
After 4 straight losses to the Canes, I thought we played well, especially the last 5 - 6 minutes. It was good to see us close out a game STRONG.
Exactly. At their home court, on senior day to boot!

Originally posted by Bur-Heel:
Internet experts and fair weather fans!!..here we go again!!
Well, you did say we wouldn't win another game.

You're not really a fair-weather fan. You're more like a constantly-complaining/gloom-and-doom fan. There are several on here that never praise the team or show much support at all. In fact, their only presence is to criticize and bash them.

Originally posted by strummingram:

Well, you did say we wouldn't win another game.

You're not really a fair-weather fan. You're more like a constantly-complaining/gloom-and-doom fan. There are several on here that never praise the team or show much support at all. In fact, their only presence is to criticize and bash them.
It is kinda strange that there's always a certain group of posters that never stop by the message board after a Tar Heel win . . . wonder why that is . . ? It's not only here, but, happens on the Premi board as well . .

confused0024.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/28 5:20 PM by BillyL

BillyL..don't put words in my mouth.!!..I said there's a chance we could lose the rest of our games..chance being the key word here!!...the way you talk bad and bash our players any chance you get,you definitely don't have any room to talk!!

Excuse me Billy..it was strumming's comment towards me that I was responding to..misread the poster!!
This post was edited on 2/28 5:15 PM by Bur-Heel

Originally posted by Bur-Heel:

BillyL..don't put words in my mouth.
You're on the board after a game, win or lose, Bur-Heel . . . and I wasn't referring to you.

And btw, after our very poor effort on Tuesday, I'd have to agree that it was very possible we could have gone winless for the rest of the regular season.

Every win is a Big win and that was a big win! Thank goodness Brice decided to turn it up in the second half today! Really looked like Ol"Roy decided to set a lot more screens to get Marcus open looks and it worked!

ON TO ATLANTA!

Originally posted by trollbaby:

Every win is a Big win and that was a big win! Thank goodness Brice decided to turn it up in the second half today! Really looked like Ol"Roy decided to set a lot more screens to get Marcus open looks and it worked!

ON TO ATLANTA!
Looks like Mr. Pinson will be playing against the Jackets . . what a great time to be getting him back . . !

I, truthfully, did not expect to see him playing again this year.

Originally posted by BillyL:

Originally posted by trollbaby:

ON TO ATLANTA!
Looks like Mr. Pinson will be playing against the Jackets . . what a great time to be getting him back . . !

Great news!

Was a great win especially seeing how Miami has handled us the last couple of years. "Gut check" win. A loss today could have sent the season spiralling out of control.

Billy..that's the best news we've had in a while!!..i guess he didn't need surgery so that saved his season..seems like things took a turn when he went out the lineup..just hope he's not rushing back because I know how badly he wants to play!!

That'd be great news, especially if he spent the entire recovery time doing shooting drills with the boot on!

Originally posted by Ozheelfan:

That'd be great news, especially if he spent the entire recovery time doing shooting drills with the boot on!
He's been out of the boot for about 11 days now . . it'll take some time for him to get his wind and game legs back, but, this could be a real boost to the team.

It was a big win. Great to see Pinson in a UNC uniform and hope he can get back. Got to give props to Joel James. He played a great game today. Brice did well scoring, but I thought his rebounding helped to set the tone early.

Good effort by all.

We showed some real killer instinct after they took the lead and really took care of business and put the game away. It was a major relief cause I had a bad feeling before the game.

Win #20 for the year too - almost expected around here, but a significant milestone nonetheless.

Imposed our will and our style today.

Miami ranked 281 in the country in tempo, but we played a 72 possession game... About 10 more than Miami would like.

Forced misses, rebounded misses, got the game going up and down. Nice job today. Big win. Kids needed that.

Totally enjoyed that game. Roy made some adjustments. Brice played out of his mind . kept his hands in his pockets to keep from fouling. Can I say happy?

Heels really dominated the game. Bigs had another great game. Joel James is improving game by game. And people said Roy can't and doesn't develop players. Hopeing he finds more minutes.

Take care of business in Atlanta

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT